IGNORED

#2 Ball in golf?

Note: This thread is 5396 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

#1 ball is Titleist of course....who is #2? who is #3...etc...for tour play?

Im going to say callaway #2
Taylormade #3

What do you think?
G5,9
F-50,13.5
MP33(2-9)
SM,54.11MP-T,60.05Anser 2

My guess would be that Bridgestone and Srixon are 2 and 3 but maybe not in that order. Callaway would be 4 and Taylor Made would be a distant 5th. From what I have seen, many Taylor Made staffers don't even play their ball.

I have done no research or studies, this is just my guess.

I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones.

I'm guessing there probably isn't a clear #2 ball. The others are probably used fairly evenly.

Driver:  the search continues
Fairway Wood:  Ping G25 3W Tour stiff
Hybrid:  Snake Eyes Q4U 19*, 23*
Irons:  Ping G25 5-UW w/CFS X-flex  (on order)
Wedges:  685BX black 56*      Putter:  Wilson Staff 8882 

don't forget nike balls in this equation. also, do people still use Precept?

In my bag:

some golf clubs

a few golf balls

a bag of tee's some already broken the rest soon to be

a snickers wrapper (if you have seen me play, you would know you are not going anywhere for a while)

and an empty bottle of water

Of the 2 dozen or so balls I've found on courses in the past couple of months, Nike and Top Flite are by far the most common.

Doesn't translate into tour play of course, but I'd think Nike would be up there.

C9 VFT Ti
C9 5w
P2 Hybrid 3
P2 Deep Cavity 4-PW
SGS 52, 56 Putter

also, do people still use Precept?

Precept would count as Bridgestone, I guess. They're the same company.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I would have to say callaway as a number two and nike as three on tour. Usually the bigger the company, the more balls it has on tour, with the exception of TaylorMade.

In my stand bag:
909D3 with 10.5 degrees of loft and a 45 inch Fujikura Rombax 6Z08, x-flex
909F3 15* with a stock Diamana Blue
FT 18* with an Aldila NV
X-forged ('07), 3-PW with Project X 6.0 CG12, 53/11, and 58* with DSG Red X2, 33"All with Lamkin Crossline Full Cord. (except the putter of...

Here's a link to an article at golf.com. It shows what's in the bag of all of the winning golfers so far this year. It seems like taylormade is # 2, but I could be wrong.

http://blogs.golf.com/equipment/winners_bag/

Hibore Driver
Burner Steel 3 Wood
Rescue Mid Hybrid
mp 52s
54* and 60* Spin Milled Wedges Craz-e Putter Bag Cart Neo gps

i would guess taylormade or bridgestone

In my TerraFirma X Bag
360 Ti 10.5° Driver
FT-i Squareway 15.0° 3w
04 Big Bertha 19.0° 5w
04 Big Bertha 4-9, PW, GW +1/2" Irons Vokey Spin-Milled 56°10° SW C02 Milled 35" Putter Contour Shoes and SofJoy GlovesA mix of NXT and Laddie Xtreme balls

My guess would be that Bridgestone and Srixon are 2 and 3 but maybe not in that order. Callaway would be 4 and Taylor Made would be a distant 5th.

That changed dramatically with the induction of their new Red and black TP balls, now a ton of their staffers and some that aren't on staff play them.

2. Taylormade
3. Callaway
4. Srixon
5. Nike
6. Bridgestone

Reason for Taylormade being numero dos is because of all of their staff. The only players I know who don't use TM's ball is Mike Weir, and Kenny Perry. Add to this list if you know any more.

Did I hear this wrong, Bridgestone also makes Nike?

Driver:  the search continues
Fairway Wood:  Ping G25 3W Tour stiff
Hybrid:  Snake Eyes Q4U 19*, 23*
Irons:  Ping G25 5-UW w/CFS X-flex  (on order)
Wedges:  685BX black 56*      Putter:  Wilson Staff 8882 

Did I hear this wrong, Bridgestone also makes Nike?

i think they also make precept.

In my bag:

some golf clubs

a few golf balls

a bag of tee's some already broken the rest soon to be

a snickers wrapper (if you have seen me play, you would know you are not going anywhere for a while)

and an empty bottle of water

#1 ball is Titleist of course....who is #2? who is #3...etc...for tour play?

Do you mean on tour or overall sales? I would guess that Noodles or Top Flites would be #2 in the real world. Despite the popularity of $4 dollar balls on golf forums, I'm sure the majority of people play the cheap stuff, especially in hard times.

On tour, the most recent data suggests TM is #2, but I think that has something to do with the fact that half of the PGA has contracts with TM, and now that they have decent premium balls, they are being played more.

i would think Callaway would make the #2 spot going by numbers, but i would think that Bridgestone would be making a HUGE climb in the amateur world over the past year

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I was going to say exactly what pinhigh said, with the new TP Red/Black balls, a lot of guys have been hitting them.

In my Nexos Bag

Burner Driver 9.5*
Burner fairway 3 wood
755 Irons Tri Spec S Shafts 585 19* Hybrid w/ Aldilia NV S Shaft 3DX 23* Hybrid Tour 58* wedge CG 12 56* Wedge NCX-Ray Alpha Putter

Note: This thread is 5396 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!