IGNORED

How Much Golf Is "Too Much" for Your Wife?

chriskzoo
Note: This thread is 3164 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

You can forget it while they are young. When kids get older you get the kids into golf and the next thing you know your wife is encouraging you to take them to the course.

lol... he must have a big love thing going on

Wife #2 just doesn't give me sh*t about much. Unlike #1.

Driver.... Nickent DX Evolver V2 65 stiff /07 Burner YS6+ stiff .
4 wood..... Nickent 4DX
Hybrids.....Tour Edge Geomax 22* 25* 28*
Irons.....TM R7 6-P + AW,SW,LW
Putter.....Odyssey White Hot XG 2 BallBag.......Callaway ORG 14 A.L.I.C.E. Ball........Bridgestone e6 / Srixon Soft Feel...

married 3 years with an 18 month old boy:

i get out almost every week, 3-4/month; she's ok with it b/c I play on Thursdays- she'd have a problem if it cut into our weekend time together though

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Married a year and a half - no kids.

My wife goes with me to play nine every day after work. She doesn't play - she drives the cart and tends the pin. I'm about to head out for 18 now and she's going.

I like having her there - rounds when she's not there feel almost like practice rounds for the next time she's there and it's "game time".

Don't think this will last forever but I'm going to make the most of it while it does...
In the bag:
905R 9.5° - UST ProForce V2 65R
909F2 15.5° Titleist Diamana 75
909H 19° Titleist Diamana 80
Zing 2 3-PW Vokey SM48.08 @ 51° Vokey SM56.11 Unitized Leo

WTF.. Is this thread about taking your wife or GF golfing with you or how much she lets you golf without getting on your Arse. I've seen posts that go both ways. Anyhow my wife never golfs.

4 wood..... Nickent 4DX
Putter.....Odyssey White Hot XG 2 BallBag.......Callaway ORG 14 A.L.I.C.E. Ball........Bridgestone e6 / Srixon Soft Feel...

IMO this thread would encompass both of those things, and more.

You say your wife never golfs. Nor does mine (apart from a bit of putting practice a while ago). How much golfing on your part would you say that she tolerates?

Cheers.

p.s. Lefty22: all I can say is wow! You're smart to make the most of it while it lasts. Good luck to you with that.

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

Well she will play a little Wii golf but thats it. It's in an earlier post but she has no problems with my golf or much at all for that matter. Within reason!! In fact I had a few to many Friday at a friends house and had to call and tell her I was staying there. She laughed at me and said I'd pay for it with a hangover and man she was right. Glad I don't do that much anymore!!

4 wood..... Nickent 4DX

I've been happily married for over 26 years now to the BEST husband EVER!! I play in 2 leagues a week....may sign up for a 3rd if my commute home (1-1/2-2 hours) doesn't interfere. I also practice every chance I get. It never used to be that way as this is only the 5th year I've been golfing. When the girls were younger hubby was gone every weekend. I didn't like it but he always came straight home after golf to spend time with me and the girls and made sure he was around for all special occasions/holidays. 1-3 times per year he goes on golfing trips with his buddies. I don't mind so long as he's the one that rents the car and drives. He doesn't drink but the others do and have on some occasion, drink and drive.

We are now empty nesters and he still golfs every weekends plus a league once/week....I tried it for two years and got tired of listening to another wife bitching for those two years every weekend so now I no longer golf on the weekends. Instead, I spend time with friends who enjoy golf as I do - to unwind. Hubby and I practice alot together which also helps my golf game. He's a 1 hc and offers me tips. Once a week we meet up with his good friend (single-also a 1 hc) and play 9 holes then go out for dinner. It's relaxing and I get to play golf at different courses around New England.

Hubby and his buddy also compete in tournaments. I always encourage my hubby to enter in as many tournaments as he can/we can afford. I usually tag along for their practice rounds. If the course is public, I'll play the practice round with them. If its private, I tend the flag/read off course stats/etc.

My hubby is very generous....for 3 Christmases in a row I got a package of private lessons. Celebrated my 50th birthday this month and received a new set of Taylormade R7 Irons and a new Burner Driver....last year I got a Kona Wood putter. I buy whatever I want in golf clothes and accessories and so does he so long as we can afford it.

It's never too much golf - for the both of us! I have a very good marriage with a wonderful and talented husband and I cherish/nourish this as life is just too effing short!

My chix stix:

R7 Burner
Burner Woods and Hybrids
R7 CGB Max IronsKoa Wood

I know right! The same here, she is always saying that "I'm obsessed." I have no idea why she thinks that! I say I'm just passionate and focused, lol.

- Pat

41 yrs. old, 3rd year playing and learning!
In my beginner bag:
--------------------------Driver/3W/3H - Nike Sumo SQ4H - TaylorMade Rescue5 iron - PW 2008 Callaway BB w/iBridsLW/SW/GW - 2010 Cleveland CG15Putter - 2008 Taylormade Rossa Monte Carlo 7---------------------------

last year I got a Kona Wood putter.

The most romantic thing I've heard in a long time. My wife bought me one of those on the Kona coast a few years ago. To be honest I haven't used mine much, I'm too afraid to lose it or get it stolen. Maybe I should pull it out next time, it's the most beautiful putter I've ever seen. Also it's rather light which suits our faster greens. Anyway, your husband appears to be a very fortunate fellow.

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

WTF.. Is this thread about taking your wife or GF golfing with you or how much she lets you golf without getting on your Arse. I've seen posts that go both ways. Anyhow my wife never golfs.

Well since this post was below mine I'll assume this was directed at me - by stating the number of individual times in a week my wife actually goes with me to golf I thought it reasonable to assume an individual with any intelligence could infer from that the fact that my wife doesn't give me grief about golf. In fact chooses to spectate.

Anyhow - who made you the thread police?
In the bag:
905R 9.5° - UST ProForce V2 65R
909F2 15.5° Titleist Diamana 75
909H 19° Titleist Diamana 80
Zing 2 3-PW Vokey SM48.08 @ 51° Vokey SM56.11 Unitized Leo

I have a 3 mo old and a 5 year old. I play in a league every other week and the last couple of weeks I've been golfing w/ a regular group of guys on thursday nights. I also try to get out at least once on the weekends. I sometimes take it for granted how lucky I am with how often I'm able to golf. Because I live in Wisconsin, I only golf six months out of the year, so I'm sure the wife takes that into account.

Hibore Driver
Burner Steel 3 Wood
Rescue Mid Hybrid
mp 52s
54* and 60* Spin Milled Wedges Craz-e Putter Bag Cart Neo gps

I'm actually on the opposite end of this in that my wife encourages me to go play. She moved here from Wisconsin and as a result had zero friends. She met a gal at her new job and they hit it off. Turns out her friends husband is an avid golfer and his wife is learning the game, so I was encouraged to take up the sport again and go golfing with them.

Well, after moving out of the tax hell known as Wisconsin she was probably so overjoyed and in disbelief of how much money she was actually allowed to keep by the government that she could care less if you spent it on golf. I, on the other hand, have yet to break free of the clutches of this state and therefore must budget my golfing.

"The shortest distance between two points is a straight line...in the opposite direction." Ty Webb, Golf Philosopher

• 6 years later...

I golfed the past two weekends and plan on golfing this weekend.  I got the side eye when I told her that.  My wife would like nothing more than for all of my free time to be spent with her.  I love that, and love that she loves to be around me but I have been trying to explain to her that there is nothing wrong with having other interests and hobbies and spending some time away.  My golf partner's wife and she are going to do some painting class, so I thought that was great.  I told her she doesn't have to be a golf widow if she wants to learn to play the game and wants to come out.  She is on the fence but I think she will break eventually.  Only thing is I don't think that she will ever want to play on any type of a consistent basis so not sure if is even worth trying to continue to nudge her on.

My wife plays golf as much as I do.  Saturday and Sunday, we go to the course together, and play with different groups.  Tuesday night is men's 9-hole, Wednesday night is Ladies (she'll play 9 before the 9-hole league starts, so she plays 18), Friday is my normal practice session.  When we go on vacation, its usually for golf.  We spend Thanksgiving week every year at our condo in Pinehurst, and we both play golf 7 or 8 days straight.  We've been to Scotland and Ireland together, to Palm Springs and Phoenix, to Whistling Straits, always with golf included.

I could just be the luckiest golfer in the world!

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

My wife plays golf as much as I do.  Saturday and Sunday, we go to the course together, and play with different groups.  Tuesday night is men's 9-hole, Wednesday night is Ladies (she'll play 9 before the 9-hole league starts, so she plays 18), Friday is my normal practice session.  When we go on vacation, its usually for golf.  We spend Thanksgiving week every year at our condo in Pinehurst, and we both play golf 7 or 8 days straight.  We've been to Scotland and Ireland together, to Palm Springs and Phoenix, to Whistling Straits, always with golf included.

I could just be the luckiest golfer in the world!

Sounds like you have it pretty good!  Nothing wrong with that at all.

Note: This thread is 3164 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!