IGNORED

2009 Open Championship conversation

senorchipotle
Note: This thread is 5403 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mark Calcavecchia looks older than Tom Watson.

In the bag:
Cleveland Launcher 400cc
Callaway Hawkeye 3 wood, stiff
TaylorMade Burner Rescue hybrid, 19*, stiff
TaylorMade Burner Rescue hybrid, 22*, stiffCallaway X-14 irons, 4-SW, uniflex steel, +1", 2* uprightTitleist Vokey 56/8 sand wedgePing A-Blade putterCareer round: 16 over 88Best round...

what's the weather supposed to be like for the final two days?

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

Mark Calcavecchia looks older than Tom Watson.

That's because Mark Calcavecchia is fat and out of shape. I'm sure Watson probably works out. How else is he still competing at that age.

My Clubs:

Driver: Nike SQ Sumo 460 10.5 degrees

3-Wood: Titleist 906 F4 15.5 DegreesIrons: Interchange between Hogan Apex Plus 3-PW stiff flex steel, and Cleveland CG Red Tour Spec 3-PW with stiff flex S300's.Wedges: CG 12's 56 degree and 52 degree, Cleveland BeNi 60 degree, and MacGregor MT Pro...

what's the weather supposed to be like for the final two days?

Proper golfing weather

Wet n Windy

In The Bag
Mizuno MX 560 Driver
Taylor made 3 wood
Mizuno HIFLI 21*
Mizuno MX 25's 4-pwMizuno MX series wedges 50, 56*/11 & 60*Bettinardi C02 putter4 bottles of pilsner,2 packs cigars

poor tiger right now im watchign it and hes 7 over par, he appears to be slowly loosing his confidence

No disrespect towards Tiger, but I have trouble feeling sorry for him at all for missing the cut.

-Rich

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

cabrera cant really be a weird champion at the masters seeing as he was already a major winner before it can he?

Yeah, I was debating this before I added his name....but then I thought

"what else has Cabrera won except 2 Majors?" That makes him even goofier.
TaylorMade R9 460 9.5°
TaylorMade R9 13°
TaylorMade RAC TP MB 3-PW
TaylorMade RAC TP 54°.10 / 58°.10
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

This is why the PGA is fabulous, not just because of Tiger but because of

You meant to say

'This is why The Open is fabulous' .
TaylorMade R9 460 9.5°
TaylorMade R9 13°
TaylorMade RAC TP MB 3-PW
TaylorMade RAC TP 54°.10 / 58°.10
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

i bet anyone 50 bucks tiger doesn't play in a tourney two weeks before the PGA, and if he does, he's gonna try not to win.

is that because he'll be playing the week before the major instead seeing as its the bridgestone :)

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

I really like this course. Missing the fairway can leave you with a terrible lie. Makes the tournament a lot more unpredictable. Many players on the PGA Tour take the risk of finding the rough since it's cut fairly short and easy to play off. Here however, you do not want to go far from the fairway, or you'll be in deep grass.

Makes the accurate players blossom. Just finding the ball can he a huge problem, we often see spectators looking around for the ball. Too bad for the players of course, but exciting to watch for sure.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

When was the last time Tiger missed a cut?

"

It is the first time Woods has missed a cut since the 2006 U.S. Open at Winged Foot, where he was playing for the first time since the death of his father, Earl, in May of that year. " Source: http://sports.espn.go.com/golf/briti...ory?id=4337152
Cart Bag: AMP Xtreme
Driver: 460
3 Wood | 5 Wood: Diablo
Irons: (3-8) X18 | X Forged 9 & P
Wedges: X Forged 52 (12) | 58 (10) C-Grind Putter: Anser 4 i SeriesBall: Burner1978 - 93 - All Time Best - 84 or12 over in 1991.1994 - 2008 - Inactive2008 - Present - All Time Best 96 or 24...

Watson and Marino tee off 10:00AM Eastern or 3:00PM GMT.
Cart Bag: AMP Xtreme
Driver: 460
3 Wood | 5 Wood: Diablo
Irons: (3-8) X18 | X Forged 9 & P
Wedges: X Forged 52 (12) | 58 (10) C-Grind Putter: Anser 4 i SeriesBall: Burner1978 - 93 - All Time Best - 84 or12 over in 1991.1994 - 2008 - Inactive2008 - Present - All Time Best 96 or 24...

Coverage is AWFUL this morning.. I've been watching since 7am and seen maybe 10 shots.. Shut the F up and show me some golf

ABC came on at 9am EST and it's 9:25 and haven't seen someone play a shot yet

im in shock......................sergio just made a 5 footer!

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

Note: This thread is 5403 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!