IGNORED

Adams - anyone giving them a second look after Watson's near win at The Open?

Note: This thread is 5401 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The big winner at The Open was....Adams golf clubs.

Anyone going to give Adams a second look? I know a lot of people have them down as a second tier club maker (mostly due to their lower price, imho), but after Watson's play at the open that might change. It's hard to argue they aren't top-notch when a 59 year old can come within a hair of winning a major using them.

I wonder if this event will propel Adams into the same league as Ping, Titleist, etc... in people's minds.

Instight XTD A30S Driver 10.5° ($69 new ebay)
Instight XTD A3OS Fairway Wood 15° ($45 new ebay)
Fybrid 19.5° ($35 new ebay)
Ci7 4-GW ($175 new Rock Bottom Golf via ebay)
53° & 58° 8620 DD wedges ($75 each new PGA Superstore) C2-DF ($35 new Rock Bottom Golf) Riley TT stand bag ($7 n...

Definitley got me thinking about them after watching the Open and I'm considering buying some, actually. Haha I think it will help.

Nike Bag
Cobra 3 Wood Driver
Dunlop Reaction Dual Metal Woods
Wilson Fatshaft Tour Cast Irons
Dunlop Reaction P Tour Cast S WedgesDunlop Vista Model 4 putterHopefully new irons soon

I first noticed them about a year or more ago when I was looking for new 'players' irons and was referred to them by a Golf Galaxy employee. I really liked the Idea Gold Pro irons and had I not bought Mizunos they were probably my second favorite (a total surprise to me). I also liked the Speedline driver, but didn't really like the shaft so I went with the Nike. I think they have come a long way and are starting to get looks from people that used to think they were an inferior brand and now I'm sure Watson's performance is going to be great for marketing.
Driver: SQ DYMO STR8-Fit
4 Wood: SQ DYMO
2H (17*), 4H (23*) & 5H (26*): Fli-Hi CLK
Irons (5-6): MX-900; (7-PW): MP-60
Wedges (51/6*): MP-T Chrome; (56/13): MP-R ChromePutter: White Hot XG 2-Ball CSPreferred Ball: e5+/e7+/B330-RXGPS Unit: NEOPush Cart: 2.0

They've always made quality golf clubs. I really like their hybrids a lot, would suggest anyone to try them if they are in the market for a hybrid.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

To me they offer a nice line of clubs. With some of the best hybrids on the market and best lookin IMO. They have a great like of players irons with the hybrids thats a good addition I think. The fact that they also offer quality but not budget braking beginner sets is very nice. I noticed Adams about 5 years ago when my dad won a hybrid at a golf tournament. The best clubs they offer IMO are the new Speedline woods, the A4 and A7 hybrids and the Pro Gold irons.

909 D2 9.5* Voodoo
906 F4 15.5* UST V2
3DX DC 19* UST SR2
AP2 3-PW PX 5.5
Vokey SM 52.08 & 58.08 DG S300 Circa '62 no. 7 NXT TourWhite Tacki-Mac Itomic Career Low: 1 over par 71

I went up to Golf Galaxy over the weekend and took a look at their new Speedline driver. It's $369 and you get a $100 gift card with the purchase. I need to replace the shaft in my FT-9 and don't really feel like sending it to Callaway. Anyways, it looked to be a very nice driver just wasn't for me. Ended up leaving with a Titleist driver. Not sure if I am going to keep it though. LOL
Driver - FT-9
3W - FT-i Squarewood
Irons - 3-9
Wedges - CG12 48°, CG14 52°, 56° & 60°
Putter - Newport 1.5

He was crushing the hybrids. I don't really like adams clubs, but its got me looking into adding a hybrid club to my bag.

My gear:
warbird stand bag
909 D2 Driver 9.5 deg
2008 baffler pro hybrid 18, 20 deg
3-PW X-20 Tour Irons 56, 60 degree vokey wedge spin milled crimson series 660 putter pro v1 balls

He was crushing the hybrids. I don't really like adams clubs, but its got me looking into adding a hybrid club to my bag.

As I've said before on these forums, IMHO, Adams hybrids are the best. I don't play any other Adams' clubs, just a couple of Pro Boxer Gold hybrids that I first demoed on a recommendation.

My Tools of Ignorance:

Driver: Ping I20 9.5*
Woods/Hybrids: Cobra AMP 3W and 3 HY

Irons: Cobra AMP 4-GW

Wedges: Callaway Forged Copper 56* and 60*

Putters: Scotty Cameron  35" (Several of the flow neck blade variety)

Ball: Bridgestone B330-RX and Srixon Z-Star

Bag: Nike Performance Carry

Love the adams Pro series. I game the hybrid and the irons.

MX500 9.5* S
Burrows Golf MAC Powersphere 3W
IDEA PRO Irons
Perfect Club 21*
IDEA PRO 3HSakamoto 54* X-tour 60* Newport 2 Pro Platinum Custom

Maybe he should have bought his own 3-wedge pack and used one instead of putting from the rough on 18.

I was at Golfsmith on Sunday and they had the Watson wedge set at every register in the store. Stike while its hot.

Driver:  the search continues
Fairway Wood:  Ping G25 3W Tour stiff
Hybrid:  Snake Eyes Q4U 19*, 23*
Irons:  Ping G25 5-UW w/CFS X-flex  (on order)
Wedges:  685BX black 56*      Putter:  Wilson Staff 8882 

Maybe he should have bought his own 3-wedge pack and used one instead of putting from the rough on 18.

I really like their player's irons, and when I first tried them I was really surprised. If I was in the iron market, I'd be looking at them.

And it wasn't the chip on the last hole. It was the shot that put him there. Or, you know, that horrible stroke after the chip.
In The Bag

Titleist 905T 9.5°
Nike Sumo2 15°
Nike Sumo2 19°Nike Forged Irons - 3-PW Titleist Bob Vokey Spin Milled 56°10°Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport 2

It's the Indian, not the arrow...

Clubs in my bag: TaylorMade R7 SuperDeep TP 9.5° Fujikura Speeder 757 S | Titleist 906F2 13° AccuFLEX ICON FH X| Adams Idea Pro Black 18° Aldila NV Pro 105-S| Mizuno MP-57 3-7; MP-32 8-P PX6.0 | Mizuno MP T-10 54.09, 60.05
My bags and cart: Titleist Carry Bag | Mizuno Omega V + Clicgear 2.0

I've lately changed most of my clubs to Adams without even realizing. I could use an entire bag of Adams clubs except for the putter. I didn't even know Tom Watson used the Adams Speedline driver until someone came to my bag and asked me isn't that Tom Watson's driver. I did see him hit the Adams Idea Pro hybrid off the tee. Adams definitely makes some great clubs.

« Keith »

Watson at the Open, Chad Campbell almost winning the Masters, John Daly using their MB Black Blades are just a few names. They have the most played Hybrid on tour and make some high end wedges, too.

Someone mentioned their pricing. It's really good considering what your getting. In some cases, two quality hybrids with high end shafts and a set of player's irons for less than $600. If you also snoop around the 'net you can find limited release items, like the A4 players irons in black and various fairway heads and hybrid heads that have not been released to the public, yet. Like I said, lots of really good stuff.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

I have the A3 Boxer 3 and 4 hybrid, I absolutely love them, so easy to hit. Would recommend to anyone.

Hit em straight!

In my Bag
Driver R9 Super-Tri
3 Hybrid A3 Boxer 19 degree
4 Hybrid A3 Boxer 22 degree
Irons 4-PW MP-57 ProjectX 6.0GW: 52 degreeWedges: 56, 60 degreePutter Backstryke 2-BallBall TP Black

I used to have one of those Adams upside down head drivers a while back, didn't keep it for very long.

My gear:
warbird stand bag
909 D2 Driver 9.5 deg
2008 baffler pro hybrid 18, 20 deg
3-PW X-20 Tour Irons 56, 60 degree vokey wedge spin milled crimson series 660 putter pro v1 balls

The best 3W I have ever hit was the one on my sig line: The 15* Ovation.

In my Cart Bag:
Driver: R7 Draw 9*
3W: Ovation 15*
Hybrid Halo 19* 2H, Halo 22* 3H
Irons: i/3 O-Size 4-PWSW: Vokey SM 56*Putter: Anser

Note: This thread is 5401 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!