IGNORED

How do you mark your ball for identification?

SergioFan23
Note: This thread is 2934 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have a purple sharpie, and put a small heart on the opposite side of the "ProV1x."  Yes, I'm a guy, and no, I do not "putt from the rough."

When I went on a golf trip last summer with my Dad, I asked my wife to mark my balls (haha) so that I could think of her each time I looked down on the tee box to hit.....she drew little hearts.  I actually liked them so I keep doing it now.  Her favorite color is purple so I found a purple sharpie to use instead of black.

Driver:       Cobra AMP Cell - Blue

Fairway:    TM Rocketballz Stage 2  *17
Hybrids:    Callaway X2 Hot 19* and 22*
Irons:        Mizuno MX-23 5-PW
Wedges:   Cleveland 588  51*, 56*, 60*

Putter:      Scotty Cameron GoLo Customized

Ball:          Srixon Z Star (2013)

Originally Posted by MATTEO

I PUT MY EX WIFES NAME ON MY BALL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DON'T KNOW WHY BUT I FEEL GREAT HITTING THAT LITTLE WHITE BALL AROUND THE COURSE....................

TURN OFF THE CAPS LOCK.... YOU DON'T NEED TO YELL AT US!!!!!

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I don't. I don't take the rules THAT seriously, although I probably should since last time I went someone hit my ball because he was playing a callaway diablo and I had the callaway hot, orange-red mix up

2013 Goal:

Single digit handicap

Originally Posted by MATTEO

I PUT MY EX WIFES NAME ON MY BALL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DON'T KNOW WHY BUT I FEEL GREAT HITTING THAT LITTLE WHITE BALL AROUND THE COURSE....................

LOL.

I did that once.  I just kept hitting the ball over and over again all over the course.  When I hit the ball OB, I retrieved it just so I could hit it again.  I ended up carding a 129.  Who knew shooting a 129 could be so theraputic.

:titleist: :scotty_cameron:
915D3 / 712 AP2 / SC Mont 1.5

I fill in a dimple to the right of the number on both sides with an orange sharpie.

Callaway Org14 Sport w/ Clicgear Cart:

Callaway X 460 9* - Callaway X 15* - TaylorMade 19*/21* Hybrid - Callaway Diablo Forged 4-PW - Titleist 50/56/60 - Rife Cayman Brac - Bridgestone xFIXx/B330-RX - TRUE Linkswear Supporter!

Currently it is 3 blue dots in a triangle shape to the above right of the Titleist along with a blue line across the seam @ 1/3 of the total circumference for alignment.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

I bought a stencil for drawing straight lines with various length and widths but it also has shape stencils so I just put a Red Maple Leaf above the Brand Name with a broken up line along the alignment markings.

• 1 month later...

I use this technique on the tee and green for alignment purposes.  I focus on the spot at the front of the ball and my swing thought is "swing through, not to" (ala David Toms) - basically to eliminate the dreaded deceleration at impact.

I started using this technique at the beginning of the season and have seen a great improvement in my putting speed.  Less focus on putter path and more on matching my backswing and foreswing.  Played the Philly Publinks event this past weekend and only had 2 three putts in 54 holes.

So, How do you mark your golf ball?  Do you do it for any particular reason?

ball alignment

Founder/President, AroGolf Premium Milled Putters
Titleist 983K 9.5 / Adams Insight 3W / Rotation of hybrids/long irons
Ping i3 Blades White Dot 5-PW / Ping Tour Wedges Green Dot 52, 58
AroGolf iON1 FB BLACK mil-spec putter

I've tried various markings when I first picked up golf 2 years ago. At the time my body alignment was way right anyway so it didn't really help, so I stopped.

Now I simply use whatever alignment aid is printed on the ball and line this up with my putter.

Single black dot to the upper left of the number on the ball. Also use a black alignment aid over whatever is already there. I found the line really helpful with short putts.

In my Bagboy cart bag:
Driver: TM R11s 10.5 R-flex 3W: TM 09 Burner 3H: TM 09 Burner Irons: TM Tour Burner 4-PW r-flex
Wedges: Wilson TW9 GW, Ping Eye 2+ SW, Vokey SM 58.08      Putter:TM Rossa Spider Ball: TM TP/Red LDP, TF Gamer v2   Range Finder: GX-I

Red line that I use for aiming with when puttiing etc and a black line to complete the cross that I use for setting up club square to the ball. It is also marked 3:16.

In my mizuno.gif Neo Cart Bag or rife.gif Staff Bag on clicgear.gif 2.0 Trolley
 Driver: R11 10.5* |  3W: CB4 15* | adams.gif Hybrid: Idea Pro (20* & 23*)
bridgestone.gif Irons: J36 Cavity Back (5-PW) | vokey.gif Wedges: S.M Oil Cans: 52.08, 56.08 & 60.04
rife.gif Putter: 2-bar Hybrid Blade | bridgestone.gif Ball: B330-RX  Ball: Pro V1

Just a blue dot with a blue sharpie right next to the number on the golf ball...

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

Note: This thread is 2934 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!