IGNORED

Was I wrong here?

Donnie_Brasco
Note: This thread is 5411 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

It's my hard earned money..

I miss shots with a driver I am comfortable with because if I didn't I might actually be able to make it to a scratch.
Driver: i15, 3 wood: G10, Hybrid: Nickent 4dx, Irons: Ping s57, Wedges: Mizuno MPT 52, 56, 60, Putter: XG #9 

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So you would expect a new club if they damaged your used one and offered to fix it for free but you had to take a demo for 2 weeks? I'm betting you would just take the demo instead of haggling anyone

Leave the kid out of it....not really apples to apples, is it? He's not paying for it, nor capable to handle the situation with the adults running the store. He might go home

No offense, kid!
In My Datrek Bag:

Driver: R9-460 9.5°
Woods: Burner 15°
Hybrids: Burner 3,4,5Irons: G10 Gap - 5 ironWedges: cg15: chrome, 56° 60°Putter: Studio Newport 2GPS Unit: Push Cart: 2.0

People like you are impossible to talk with..

When did I say I disnt get a great deal?

when did i ask for sympathy?

I was in a busy retail store, of course people heard our conversation..

Whining?

I think not, dont confuse anger and whining....

i posted a rant.. if you dont like it, move on, nothing to see here..

i now wish something would happen to your clubs as mentioned, and see how you would handle it.. it would be fun to see you turn face..

I did not expect a new club.. a lot of you guys posting negatively are not only very short sided, but obviously have failed to read the majority of the post..

The only club that happened to match my club was new.

it varied $50 between new and used.. the guy was a disgruntled employee and was unwilling to accept they screwed up.. not having my club for 2 weeks was unacceptable..

People like you are impossible to talk with..

Wow you get upset really easily.....I now feel sorry for the employee who had to deal with you.

stand bag:

Driver: DDH 10*
Woods: DDH 3W-15*, 5W-21*
Irons: DDH 3-SWWedge: VR LW 60*Putter: VSL

Let it go, Donnie!

I can see your point, but maybe you didn't handle it perfectly either.....at the end of the day, opinions are like a-holes....everyone's got one and they all stink except yours!!!!

In My Datrek Bag:

Hybrids: Burner 3,4,5Irons: G10 Gap - 5 ironWedges: cg15: chrome, 56° 60°Putter: Studio Newport 2GPS Unit: Push Cart: 2.0

So you would expect a new club if they damaged your used one and offered to fix it for free but you had to take a demo for 2 weeks? I'm betting you would just take the demo instead of haggling anyone

Your right, I wouldn't have demanded a new club. I would have taken the demo...

But then again, I don't blame Donnie B for handling it the way he did. Like I said, he may be been a little too demanding in his request for a new club, but I can't fault him for being extremely aggrivated by them scratching his driver when he specficially told them to be careful of that.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

LOL..

For the last time..

I DIDNT DEMAND A NEW CLUB..

I had the demo in my hand, it stickered for 349.00.. i looked at the new clubs, which had my exact model specs, it stickered 399.00. I didnt see it as that big a deal..

Wow you get upset really easily.....I now feel sorry for the employee who had to deal with you.

where did any of that sound like i was upset..

i think its amusing.. had this been hapening to any of you guys, i promise you would have done it the same way.

LOL..

By exact model specs you mean stiff shaft? I'm just curious how you came to the conclusion that you need that specific stiff shaft if you just bought the club 2 weeks ago.
Driver: i15, 3 wood: G10, Hybrid: Nickent 4dx, Irons: Ping s57, Wedges: Mizuno MPT 52, 56, 60, Putter: XG #9 

wow, this thread got huge fast! i only got thru the first 2 pages, but I have to side with the OP (Donnie_Brasco) on this one. he specifically told the guy to be careful and not scratch his new club, but the guy poo-poo'd (didnt listen to) him, didnt respect the customers merchandise, and scratched it anyway.
i think he is justified in wanting the EXACT loaner club that he currently uses, not something with a regular flex shaft when he uses a stiff flex shaft.... as long as i understand this correctly (they ended up loaning him his EXACT club, but it was brand new instead of a used one with a regular flex shaft), I dont see what the problem is. they F'd up the guys club. give him the same club as a loaner for 2 weeks while they fix their screw-up. it was THEIR fault.... just my opinion though

the V2 offered the diamanna bb as a stock shaft per say..

i got a deal on a v2 with a tfc ping stiff shaft..

i purchased a once pulled shaft that came out of v2 to replace the one in it..

the only used/demo club they had was v2 with reg flex.

i think he is justified in wanting the EXACT loaner club that he currently uses, not something with a regular flex shaft when he uses a stiff flex shaft.... as long as i understand this correctly (they ended up loaning him his EXACT club, but it was brand new instead of a used one with a regular flex shaft), I dont see what the problem is. they F'd up the guys club. give him the same club as a loaner for 2 weeks while they fix their screw-up. it was THEIR fault.... just my opinion though

Only thing is, they ended up GIVING him the new club for his used club and he still wasn't satisfied, so he came here to rant.

My Tools of Ignorance:

Driver: Ping I20 9.5*
Woods/Hybrids: Cobra AMP 3W and 3 HY

Irons: Cobra AMP 4-GW

Wedges: Callaway Forged Copper 56* and 60*

Putters: Scotty Cameron  35" (Several of the flow neck blade variety)

Ball: Bridgestone B330-RX and Srixon Z-Star

Bag: Nike Performance Carry

the V2 offered the diamanna bb as a stock shaft per say..

Got ya... bottom line is you got your club whether it was right or wrong you got it. I'd like to thank everyone who contributed to this thread as it made my day go by 10 times faster!

Got ya... bottom line is you got your club whether it was right or wrong you got it.

Agreed.....not much work done, but agreed!!

In My Datrek Bag:

Only thing is, they ended up GIVING him the new club for his used club and he still wasn't satisfied, so he came here to rant.

i think he was satisfied at that point..but still, he said his club was basically new and thats why he wanted it taken care of. and they didnt take care of it. i think its their fault.... but we all have our own opinions on how it should've been handled, and this is my opinion. his club was basically new and they scratched it up.

Bingo!!!..../endthread

stand bag:

Driver: DDH 10*
Woods: DDH 3W-15*, 5W-21*
Irons: DDH 3-SWWedge: VR LW 60*Putter: VSL

Note: This thread is 5411 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!