IGNORED

Just purchased the R9 460....

Note: This thread is 5383 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Well, I had been in the market for a new driver for a couple of years and today saw the end of that road.

I had been looking at the Titleist 909d2 and almost pulled the trigger, but when I tested the r9 460, wow. The feeling in the swing was amazing and the ball was just exploding off the clubface. I went with the 9.5* stiff stock R9 shaft. I'd like to update shaft in the future, but for now, I'm stoked. The 460 was so smooth and felt great. I think I'll finally get the confidence back on the tee box. Good update from my three year old Callaway X460. Anyone else get the R9 460 lately? What do you think about it?

Whats In My Hoofer Bag

R9 460 9.5 degrees
909 F2 15.5 degrees
909H 19 degrees AP2 4-PW (Rifle Project X 5.5) Spin Milled 52, 56 & 60 Degrees Studio Select Squareback 2 Pro V-1 Favorite golfer: Zach Johnson

Well, I had been in the market for a new driver for a couple of years and today saw the end of that road.

Kenny Perry likes it.

In the bag:
Cleveland Launcher 400cc
Callaway Hawkeye 3 wood, stiff
TaylorMade Burner Rescue hybrid, 19*, stiff
TaylorMade Burner Rescue hybrid, 22*, stiffCallaway X-14 irons, 4-SW, uniflex steel, +1", 2* uprightTitleist Vokey 56/8 sand wedgePing A-Blade putterCareer round: 16 over 88Best round...

Kenny Perry likes it.

Do the Pro's who use the R9 just have the head? I mean they get custom fitted for thier driver's and there's really no need for the adjustablity. I'm thinking they just use the head and custom non adjustable shaft.

G10 9* Proforce V2 HL S
G10 15.5* TFC 129 S
G10 21*, 24* TFC 129 S Hybrids
MP-57 5-PW DG S300
52* MP-R 56*.11, 60*.7 SM Vokey Newport Detour 2.5 Tour Ix, PRO V1x

Yeah, you're probably right. There are so many shaft possibilities with this club, its unbelievable. The guys wanted to fit with with a TP pro shaft, but I was gonna hold off. I couldn't afford another $100.00. I'd like to upgrade in the future though.

I heard that 19 pros in the RBC used the 460, including the winner. I guess it's a good club then.
Whats In My Hoofer Bag

R9 460 9.5 degrees
909 F2 15.5 degrees
909H 19 degrees AP2 4-PW (Rifle Project X 5.5) Spin Milled 52, 56 & 60 Degrees Studio Select Squareback 2 Pro V-1 Favorite golfer: Zach Johnson

I just got an r9 460 tp from my local rep. I love it. I replaced the shaft with my pro launch red and hit it great. i love this driver. i have it 2* open and love the look at address.
Driver r9 460 TP 8.5
Irons Apex Edge 2-PW
Wedges RAC TP Z Smoke 52, 56
Putter White Hot Blade #7
Ball Prov1x

I tried this driver out yesterday against the Titleist 909D2. I got more yardage out of the Titleist (about 6 or 7 yards more) and hit it straighter....which sucks, because the R9 was 100.00 cheaper. The TP version was the same price as the Titleist.

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

according to Sergio himself on youtube/pga tour, what's in the bag, he has a 10.5 with it set to R (open) which gives him a 8.5 degree face.

i've just set mine to NU (the smaller version) - playing some links this weekend - keeping it low :)

WEAPONS:
Taylormade R9 10.5 L Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 15 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 19 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade Tour Preferred 4-PW KBS Tour X-Stiff Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 51Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 55Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 59Yes! Tracy II putterTitleist...

Note: This thread is 5383 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!