IGNORED

Male Scratch Golfer on the LPGA Tour

iacas
Note: This thread is 835 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The top women golfers play money games at their home courses with PGA players.

It's also worth pointing out that those of us who think scratch golfers could hold their own on the lpga tour absolutely DO NOT think that they can compete with the top women.  It's just that the depth of the LPGA tour is so shallow that there is a huge drop off once you get past the first 20 or 30 of them.  With the men, you have to go into the 100's before you see a significant drop off of any kind, I believe.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It's also worth pointing out that those of us who think scratch golfers could hold their own on the lpga tour absolutely DO NOT think that they can compete with the top women.  It's just that the depth of the LPGA tour is so shallow that there is a huge drop off once you get past the first 20 or 30 of them.  With the men, you have to go into the 100's before you see a significant drop off of any kind, I believe.

Past #297 at the very least

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

Past that even. I think there is tremendous depth in Men's golf.  You know what makes me mad is how the Amateur World Ranking's are set up. They are completely in favor of kids who play in college tourney's. A little off topic but it was a recent discussion I had lately.

Past that even. I think there is tremendous depth in Men's golf.  You know what makes me mad is how the Amateur World Ranking's are set up. They are completely in favor of kids who play in college tourney's. A little off topic but it was a recent discussion I had lately.

You should start a thread about his, I'm curious.

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

It's not hard to believe the depth is in the thousands. . .

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I haven't read through the whole thread, but essentially what is being said is, "A scratch male golfer, given a huge artificial advantage, could have some success on the LPGA Tour."

They put the men's tees behind the women's tees for a reason - to nullify the advantage the male has in strength.

The equivalent argument is that a female scratch golfer, teeing off from the 150-yard marker on every hole, could keep her card, and perhaps she could - but it would only be due to the huge advantage created for her.

If someone wants to argue that a scratch male could keep their card on the LPGA Tour when playing from an appropriate distance behind the women, feel free.  I don't think they could.

I haven't read through the whole thread, but essentially what is being said is, "A scratch male golfer, given a huge artificial advantage, could have some success on the LPGA Tour."

They put the men's tees behind the women's tees for a reason - to nullify the advantage the male has in strength.

The equivalent argument is that a female scratch golfer, teeing off from the 150-yard marker on every hole, could keep her card, and perhaps she could - but it would only be due to the huge advantage created for her.

If someone wants to argue that a scratch male could keep their card on the LPGA Tour when playing from an appropriate distance behind the women, feel free.  I don't think they could.

The LPGA golfers are very skilled in their games and can shoot low scores, but the point of this thread is that a male scratch has a chance on the LPGA because he strikes the ball better than the average LPGA player.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

• Administrator

The men playing from the same tees is not an artificial advantage.

The men being better and able to hit the ball farther is their advantage.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

@wadesworld Sigh.....again....what does distance advantage have to do with making pin placements easier and greens slower? US Open for example....they didn't just move the tees up and say "play ball!" They also soaked the greens to slow them down, cut down some rough and moved the pins to easier locations. Obviously the powers that be know there is more than just a distance factor. I agree which is why I feel a male scratch golfer could hold his card if he played the LPGA AS THE WOMEN PLAY IT.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

iacas...you crack me up!!    I'd love to be able to setup the newest "Battle At Bighorn" TV spectacle.....

You...(teacher/pro) and a scratch golfer compete against a couple known LPGA players........

I have no doubt they'd kick your azz.....lol

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

iacas...you crack me up!!    I'd love to be able to setup the newest "Battle At Bighorn" TV spectacle..... You...(teacher/pro) and a scratch golfer compete against a couple known LPGA players........ I have no doubt they'd kick your azz.....lol

That's the thing. Once you get past the known players the level of competition drops sharply. I have no doubt that the superstars would beat a scratch make golfer regularly, but the median pro probably wouldn't do it more than 60-70% of the time at most

It's funny how some people seem to get defensive about the simple fact that males in general are better at sports. It's just the way it is. It's not an insult, it's just a simple fact. The discussion involved is a completely legitimate question, assumption if you will, taking into account the undisputed fact that males have the physical advantage. Look at it as a logic sequence: Do you think the number 10 ranked PGA TOUR golfer could beat Lydia Ko playing from the same tees? Why? Do you think the 297th ranked PGA Tour player could win on the LPGA? Why? So the question is....at what level do you think a MALE playing from the women's tees would have to be at to maintain his card on the LPGA? Try to put aside the "Women can do anything a man can do and better" attitude and just rationally consider this. It has nothing to do with "ha ha Iacas would get beat by a known LPGA pro." That's a childish response. Don't be scared to admit males have a physical advantage. A 5A champion highschool boys basketball team would dominate any WNBA team. That's not an insult ...it's just the way it is. And...define "known player". I sincerely believe Iacas could destroy plenty of LPGA players if he played the women's tees. Let me ask you this: what if Iacas played an LPGA player from the men's tees? Yes? No? Pray tell.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

I'm just a random scratch golfer who lives in reality....I don't play to it now, but I have............and I'm pretty sure the girls on the LPGA would whoop my azz head to head playing a random 6500yd course.......

as a scratch golfer playing from 6500yds.......if I averaged 73-75 over a 4 day event, I'd be playing my A-GAME!      The girls would beat me by 10-15 shots............

I'm not sure what to make of the so-called scratch golfers that think they'd make a living on the ladies tour.   My initial thoughts are they have no clue...... and they'd bounce-out fast.  As a scratch golfer, this is nothing to brag about.   As a ZERO HC, this is just about good enough to place near the bottom of most city/state AM events.........

And you think you can hang with the lady pros?   LOL....>I think NOT!!!!!

What's in Paul's Bag:

• Administrator

Originally Posted by BuckeyeNut

iacas...you crack me up!!    I'd love to be able to setup the newest "Battle At Bighorn" TV spectacle.....

You...(teacher/pro) and a scratch golfer compete against a couple known LPGA players........

I have no doubt they'd kick your azz.....lol

Probably would. But I wouldn't need to beat too many of the "known" players from the LPGA Tour to keep my LPGA Tour card.

Are you reading any of the posts where people are disagreeing with you, or are you just responding emotionally based on your own limited experiences?

It has nothing to do with "ha ha Iacas would get beat by a known LPGA pro." That's a childish response.

Agreed.

I'm just a random scratch golfer who lives in reality....I don't play to it now, but I have............and I'm pretty sure the girls on the LPGA would whoop my azz head to head playing a random 6500yd course.......

Do you not know how to spell "ass"?

as a scratch golfer playing from 6500yds.......if I averaged 73-75 over a 4 day event, I'd be playing my A-GAME!      The girls would beat me by 10-15 shots............

Uhm, not all of them would. Look, discuss this or don't, but you're not bringing your "A" game to the discussion. You're just repeating yourself. People have countered your arguments, and you just ignore them and carry on.

I'm not sure what to make of the so-called scratch golfers that think they'd make a living on the ladies tour.   My initial thoughts are they have no clue...... and they'd bounce-out fast.  As a scratch golfer, this is nothing to brag about.   As a ZERO HC, this is just about good enough to place near the bottom of most city/state AM events.........

Those are… against men.

I have a clue. I've taught scratch golfers. I've taught and worked with some very good women players, some of whom are on the LPGA Tour. But you're content to just ignore that, seemingly, based on what? Your experience when you were scratch playing the same course day for the vast majority of your handicapped rounds?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I respect that you are a teaching pro....On the other hand, teaching pro's are a dime a dozen, and  believe a few can be completely off their rocker.   Sir...I believe you may be one of them!  No offense, but..geez.....I'd love to interview a few top guys like Butch etc, etc...and see how their opinion meshes with yours.   I'm guessing not so well................

..but heck, what do I know? LOL   I'm just a random guy who played scratch golf?

What's in Paul's Bag:

@BuckeyeNut Seriously you must be around 14-15 years old? You really are struggling with an intelligent response. Btw...the 100th ranked LPGA player has a scoring average of 74.9. Your "A" game beats a lot of the girls. Not bad for just an average random scratch golfer eh?

Lol! I know exactly what you mean. Anyways, I believe based on several statistics presented on this discussion that a scratch male golfer could keep his card on the LPGA. For those who disagree, may I ask at what level would he have to be? I also think Erik has made some good arguments that I find difficult to argue was I on the disagreement side of the topic. I don't see this as an ego issue at all. I'm fully aware that I would be humiliated by the lowest ranked female pro. But I'm an 8hcp. Anybody else have some interesting statistics regarding this issue?

Note: This thread is 835 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!