IGNORED

Tigers score if he had to use MY clubs

2bGood
Note: This thread is 5272 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I agree, I still don't think he'd do worth a crap(nor would any pro).

I don't know about that I have played in a few pro-ams (CPGA) and asked the pro to hit shots with my gear and took them only a few swing to adjust and hit it well enough.

Driver R7 Superquad NV 55 shaft or Bridgestone J33 460 NV 75 shaft
3 and 5 Wood X
Hybrid original Fli Hi 21* or FT 22*
Irons AP2
Wedges Vokey 52* - 8 , 56* 14, 60*-7Putter California CoranodoBall TP RedGPS NeoRange Finder- Bushnell Tour V2 When Chuck Norris puts spin on the ball, the ball does not...

I don't know but I don't think he'd win. His clubs are all custom fitted and custom shafts and what not. The "storyline" you put out there he'd have like 12 hrs of practice time.. lol.

Let's do better than that, and pull a tincup on him, and see if he can win with just a 7-iron!!! LOL

If I was the field, I would be more worried with him only playing his 7 iron then playing my clubs!

Craig 

Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

• 2 months later...
I think he wouldn't have a problem adjusting to the clubs with just a few hours of practice with them to still do pretty well. He wouldn't win though as stated over and over.

Grom stand bag
SQ 5900 - 9.5*
Burner 15* and 18*
MT 20* Hybrid
CG Gold 4-PW CG14 52.10 SM 56.14 IC 20-10a 34" Putter SDF balls (was on sale)

i'd say the shafts and extra degree upright would cause problems but i doubt he woudlnt beable to adjust.. he'd do fine.

What's In My Bag?
Driver : Diablo
3wood : Diablo
Hybrid : 3DX RC Ironwood #3 20*
Irons : j36 cb's Putter : Tour Platinum 7081Ball : TP Black LDPHome Course :Lonnie Poole Golf Course at NC State University 74.7/134Eagle Ridge Golf Club 73.0/131

He would become a player for life.

Current Bag
Ogio Synchro cart
'07 Burner Driver, 3 Fairway, and Rescue 5
Early Titelist Cavities
200 56, Spin milled 60 , Rossa  Suzuka

Wouldn't the PGA need to check out all the clubs first - to ensure they weren't modified to the point of being nonconforming?

Anyway, assuming he used the set that's in the car right now, he'd do okay. New grips and standard lofts and lies on the S300 shafted blade irons, good quality relatively low bounce wedges, stiff shafted BB Warbird, Launcher 3W and 5W (fairway hybrid is in the basement). New putter that is similar enough to his to get around, but different enough that I don't see him hoisting the huge novelty cheque.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

He'd be able to make quick setup/tempo adjustments to get a decent ball flight from so many years of playing. He couldn't get into a rhythm playing this way, though. It'd be a frustrating week. I say he'd shoot -5 for the tournament. Mainly because of the putting.

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

.....and on the Eighth Day he created faster-than-light travel.

Interesting thread and would be fun to see how he managed but come on! Don't be ridiculous. Great player though he undoubtedly is, he'd get creamed bigtime.

Anyone thought of starting up a cult around him yet as some new deity??

Home Course: Wollaton Park GC, Nottingham, U.K.

Ping G400, 9°, Alta CB 55S | Ping G400, 14°, Alta CB 65S | Adams Pro Dhy 18°, 21°, 24°, KBS Hybrid S | Ping S55 5-PW, TT DGS300 | Vokey 252-08, DGS200 | Vokey 256-10 (bent to 58°), DGS200 | Ping Sigma G Anser, 34" | Vice Pro Plus

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

.....and on the Eighth Day he created faster-than-light travel.

Didn't you get your invitation?

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

The man is super-human. He literally "wills" the ball into the whole... if he was on his game I reckon he'd still win such is his motivation, determination and focus.

Of course this is all speculation until Tiger finally decides to man up and give this a shot but I think, if his game were on, he could win with any clubs. Even my 20 year old Ping Eye 2 clone irons that I got for $60.

If his game were not 100% on then maybe not win but still finish top 20. In my opinion, it's 90% golfer, 10% equipment . .and that's being generous to the equipment.

• 2 weeks later...
I want to know what he'd shoot at highfieldsgolfcc.com (where I just played districts) from the middle tees (6,024 yards) using my clubs, carrying his own bag the whole time using my clubs, with no caddy.

hmm im thinking mid 60's just because of the shortness

he wouldnt be able to swing fully or he'd break the shafts or have a devasting ball flight.
the irons would be way too hot off the face for him to deal with.
1. question does he get the usual practice round seeing as you are goin out of your way to make it difficult :)

In my r7 tour bag using my tp red balls,
i use

Driver:tour burner tp
3W:r7 tp5W:burner tp or titleist 906f22H:rescue dual tpAP2 3-PW DG30052*tour-wPutter:Button Back or newport beachI shoot a 74 on average

I actually don't think he'd have much of a problem with my clubs. May not be ideal for him, but I think he can play alright. I think he uses x100's too so it won't be too bad. It's the putter and the ball that I'd be more worried about. I'm not sure how he'd do with an insert or a taylormade ball. Wouldn't be the best round in his life, but i"m sure he'd do alright.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 5272 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!