IGNORED

My Swing (SpringBokVol)

SpringBokVol
Note: This thread is 5373 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Here is a video of my latest swing (DTL) with an 8 iron. I didn't have a lot of room in my living room so that is the reason I am not hitting a ball.

http://www.swingacademy.com/videoPlayer.aspx?id=3794

I will have a front view up later as well.

Comments? Advice? Let me know what you think.

Thanks.

In my bag:
Driver: R5 TP Diamana 83s Shaft
Fairway: Burner 15 degree Fujikura REAX
Hybrid: Custom 19 degree
Irons: DCI 990 S300 4-PW

Wedges: NF 52.04*, Spin Milled 56.10* and 60.08*

Putter: Red X3

Ball: ProV1

Shoe: Tour 360 LTD

In my bag:

hard to tell much without a ball

In My 2007 ogio.gif Edge Bag:
taylormade.gif07 Burner 9.5* S Driver
taylormade.gif08 Burner 3 wood
taylormade.gifRAC OS Irons 4-PW
vokey.gif56* Wedge taylormade.gifrac 60* satin wedgeodyssey.gifWhite Hot Tour #1Started playing January 2009, best round thus far: 82

As they say, "Everybody's practice swing is tour quality". No offense intended, but there's alot of truth to that.

Your right foot comes off the ground pretty early.

- Joel

TM M3 10.5 | TM M3 17 | Adams A12 3-4 hybrid | Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5-PW

Vokey 50/54/60 | Odyssey Stroke Lab 7s | Bridgestone Tour B XS

Home Courses - Willow Run & Bakker Crossing

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

As they say, "Everybody's practice swing is tour quality". No offense intended, but there's alot of truth to that.

So true. I make a great practice swing almost everytime...

When the ball is there, well, not so much. But no, really, my swing does vary quite a bit once the ball is down. It doesn't go from great to terrible, but it does change noticeably.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

I will just have to redo with a ball when I have some time. I knew I would get nailed for that :)

In my bag:

I noticed a few things. Your head and shoulders were still throughout the swing. The club at the top was in a good position. On the downswing you swing into the ball from the outside. It looks like your hands at setup are too close to your body forcing the out to in downswing. I've been told that the correct distance to the top of the shaft from your belt buckle is a fist + a thumb length. At the top of the finish your right wrist is straight. It should be cupped for a higher finish indicating again a more out to inside swing line. I'm guessing you setup to the ball with a slighly open clubface to offset the swingline or perhaps you have the ball a little further back in your stance. I'm working on pulling the left shoulder up with less turn to force the swing line inside. No results to report yet.

Ping I15 Driver, Ping i20 3 Wood & i20 Hybrid 3 Iron
Mizuno MP60 4-PW Irons
Vokey Spin Milled 52, 56 & 60 Degree Wedges
Odyssey Black Putter

Your a 6.7. There's nothing wrong with the swing of a guy whose handicap is 6.7.

there could be he could have a good short game that why i had a 5 for so long the shortgame was saving me now im getting a good swing its dropping like rocks.

You have a great swing perfectly on plane. Swing may be a hair too long but its great.

In My Hank Haney IJGA Bag
Driver: FT Tour 9.5 w/ Aldila Voodoo Stiff
3 Wood: i15 15.5 w/ avixcore red stiff
Hybrids: Rescue 09 19, 22 w/ fujikara fit on stiff
Irons: 4 & 5 MP-52, 6-PW MP-58 w/ KBS Tour Stiff Wedges: MP T-10 52*, 58* w/ KBS Tour StiifPutter: Fastback 1 34 inBall: : Pro...

Your a 6.7. There's nothing wrong with the swing of a guy whose handicap is 6.7.

lol..what?

There are flaws in everyone's golf swing I suppose - def. a 6.7 handicap. Maybe it'd be hard to detect a scratch golfer's swing flaws here on this forum, but a 6.7 handicap isn't like "WOW, YOU'RE HEADED TO THE TOUR" material.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

Thanks. That made me laugh. I get what you are saying, but you should have seen my swing 6 months ago. Locked out right knee, bent left arm, hunched over, coming over the top, not releasing the club, just to name a few...

And there is still plenty to work on. Thanks for the comments.

In my bag:

Well, I see you play a better game than me, but I am a fairly decent ball striker with my irons. From the view from the back, I envision the ball flight as a cut shot. It looks to me that on the way down to the ball you did a little out to in swing and you hips looked to come through a bit too early. Also, the ball looked a bit too close to the body. Try standing a little bit further from the ball and getting that club to follow the same path as the backswing and I think you would be in great shape.

Your swing looks great, believe me I saw it live in person when we played a round last week. btw he shot a 77 nice round.

Now, my swing needs help LOL. Need to hit the range next week for sure.

Hook us up with a tee time next saturday at Redhawk Ridge.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10.5* 

3WD:  Callaway Big Bertha 15* / X2 Hot H4 Hybrid
Irons:  Callaway Apex 4-PW Project X 5.5 shafts

Wedges: Callaway MackDaddy 2  52/58
Putter: Odyessey Metal X Milled 1

Your swing looks great, believe me I saw it live in person when we played a round last week. btw he shot a 77 nice round.

Thanks. I will see what I can do.

In my bag:

Every swing has flaws, some just have more/less, bigger/smaller flaws.

- Joel

TM M3 10.5 | TM M3 17 | Adams A12 3-4 hybrid | Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5-PW

Vokey 50/54/60 | Odyssey Stroke Lab 7s | Bridgestone Tour B XS

Home Courses - Willow Run & Bakker Crossing

• Administrator
Right foot comes up too quickly. You get flippy at impact because your left shoulder doesn't pull through quite as much as it should. Your hips could probably go through quite a bit more. You take the club back WAY to the outside and return it on a similar (out to in) path, and that's probably mostly because your hip doesn't turn out of the way very much and your posture puts your hands too close to your body. with probably not enough bend in the knees and hips.

Oh, and there's no golf ball .

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 5373 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!