IGNORED

2009 PGA Championship at Hazeltine

senorchipotle
Note: This thread is 5366 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

meh i enjoy the spectacular ... which means i'd enjoy either a toe to toe match with paddy and tiger or tiger going otherworldly and fireing laser beams like 16 last week

very happy with the tourny so far.

What's In My Bag?
Driver : Diablo
3wood : Diablo
Hybrid : 3DX RC Ironwood #3 20*
Irons : j36 cb's Putter : Tour Platinum 7081Ball : TP Black LDPHome Course :Lonnie Poole Golf Course at NC State University 74.7/134Eagle Ridge Golf Club 73.0/131

Tigers in front.................Game Over!

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

I'm still pulling for AK.

A quote from Kris
...is that college bball really isn't "lower tier". The better teams have their rosters filled with guys who could play in the NBA. hell, guys used to come straight from high school to the NBA. I really don't think there's much of a difference skill-wise between the two.

I hope Tiger wins this. Most of all, so we can close the famous "Tiger vs. Jack" thread.

It's not often Tiger leads after round 1 of a major, anyone have any stats on what he finishes when that happens?

TM R7 SuperQuad - 9.5* Stiff || TM V-Steel 15/18* Stiff || Mizuno MP-52 3-PW PX5.5 || Titleist Vokey OC 52/58* || Odyssey White Hot #1

I think it would be kinda cool if Paddy stays really close with Tiger, in front of everyone else, and they end up paired together for Saturday and Sunday. I'm probably in the minority on that though...

Follow me on Twitter - TST_Justin
 -  -  - 

This Week's Bag Drop - Miura Passing Point 9003 Forged Irons and Adams Idea Pro a12 Irons and Hybrids  - Sweet new forged cavity backs from Miura (do they make any irons that arent simply beautiful?) and irons/hybrids from Adams created with...

I think it would be kinda cool if Paddy stays really close with Tiger, in front of everyone else, and they end up paired together for Saturday and Sunday. I'm probably in the minority on that though...

Yes, I'd have to disagree.

Tiger and Sergio would be my dream final pair down the stretch with Sergio beating him to claim in his first major.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

I hope Tiger wins this. Most of all, so we can close the famous "Tiger vs. Jack" thread.

He did it a few times early in his career without winning, but since 2000 he is unbeaten after taking the lead in the first round of a major. I want to say he's 4 for 4.

2000 U.S. Open 2000 British Open 2002 U.S. Open 2005 British Open Tiger has also won 7 of his last 11 major attempts where he shot in the 60's during the first round, so that's another good omen for him. The wind is supposed to blow around 30 mph tomorrow afternoon so he will need a good ballstriking round if he wants to be in the lead after 2 rounds.

Yes, I'd have to disagree.

Normally, I'm indifferent about Sergio. I dont dislike him at all, he's just not one of my favorites either. The thing is, for some wierd reason, I found myself pulling for him last weekend, and I really dont know why

Wierd, isnt it?

-  -  - 

This Week's Bag Drop - Miura Passing Point 9003 Forged Irons and Adams Idea Pro a12 Irons and Hybrids  - Sweet new forged cavity backs from Miura (do they make any irons that arent simply beautiful?) and irons/hybrids from Adams created with...

just what, exactly, is the point in having 600+ yard par 5's? anything more than say 620-30 depending upon the conditions is pretty much pointless if nobody has a chance at eagle.

Álvaro Quirós made it in two while Woods and Harrington were still putting: "Tiger Woods: You know, with the wind blowing, it depends on which direction it comes from and how they are going to set up the golf course, but today, the par 5s could be had today, and I didn't think we could get to any of the par 5s, maybe 7, if they move the tee up, and today it was up but it was downwind. Alvaro, I mean seriously... Q. What did he say? Tiger Woods: He apologized. I said, "Nothing to apologize for. That's a hell of a shot." I mean, that's just stupid long, isn't it? To hit it that far into the wind is phenomenal. It's just absolutely phenomenal. I used to be able to move the ball, not anymore. I just plod my way around, shoot 67. Q. What did you hit on there? Tiger Woods: On 7, I don't know, I hit a good one. I hit 6-iron in there. The shot that he hit on 11, that's what we are talking about. I mean, that's just stupid long. It was averaging 300 into the wind."
TaylorMade R9 460 9.5°
TaylorMade R9 13°
TaylorMade RAC TP MB 3-PW
TaylorMade RAC TP 54°.10 / 58°.10
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

I just want to remind everyone that I predicted Tiger would win by 5 shots. This was back on one of the British Open threads and it was before he won the last two tournaments as well. Just a reminder!

I believe basherbaker said he was going to hold me to it.

In my bag:

Driver: SQ 9.5, Graphite Stiff Shaft
3 Wood: Diablo 13 degree, Stiff Shaft
2 Hybrid: SQ 18 degree, Steel Stiff ShaftIrons: MP-30, 3-PWSW: 56* Vokey Copper spin-milledFW 52* VokeyFlat Stick Zing 2Ball: Pro V1x

I just want to remind everyone that I predicted Tiger would win by 5 shots. This was back on one of the British Open threads and it was before he won the last two tournaments as well. Just a reminder!

You act like that is such a great prediction...He's Tiger Woods. Anyone could sit here and say Tiger is going to win this, he's going to win that. He IS the favorite every week he plays...

Saying something like Sergio Garcia, for example, is going to win by 5 strokes and it actually happening would be a nice prediction, but any prediction that has Tiger winning is not anything special.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

Heard this stat this morning on the PGA Tour channel on XM/Sirius. In his carreer, TW has shot below 70 in his opening round 22 times. Out of those 22 times, he won 17 of them. The last 4 majors he led at the end of the opening day, he won. There's only one time he started a major this well, and didnt win (1998

British I'm sorry, Open Championship).

-  -  - 

WTF is wrong with PGATour.com. I get on there yesterday and the headline is "McIlroy going low!" and I check and he's 2 under through 8, ends up at -1. Today it's "Ian Poulter heading toward a great round" and he's only -2 with 9 to play.

Titleist 910D3 8.5* Aldila RIP
Titleist 910F 13.5* Diamana Kai'li
Nickent 4DX 20* and 24*
Tour Preferred 5-PW
52.08, 56.14, 60.04 Titleist Vokey

Odyssey Metal-X #9 Putter

Pro V1x

sounds like a pretty decent round ?

What's In My Bag?
Irons : j36 cb's Putter : Tour Platinum 7081Ball : TP Black LDPHome Course :Lonnie Poole Golf Course at NC State University 74.7/134Eagle Ridge Golf Club 73.0/131

LOL, on cue Poulter doubles #1 and falls back to even.

Titleist 910D3 8.5* Aldila RIP
Titleist 910F 13.5* Diamana Kai'li
Nickent 4DX 20* and 24*
Tour Preferred 5-PW
52.08, 56.14, 60.04 Titleist Vokey

Odyssey Metal-X #9 Putter

Pro V1x

honestly what in the world has happened to adam scott ... i know he's been playing poorly

but really ... +17 ?! hell last is only +20 ...

What's In My Bag?

Note: This thread is 5366 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!