IGNORED

2009 PGA Championship at Hazeltine

senorchipotle
Note: This thread is 5366 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not here. Everyone has to play the same hole, and the green's open in front. Oakmont's 8th was about 300 for the U.S. Open, but it was downhill (slightly), downwind, and the fairway and green kicked everything forward. Was also set up for a righty draw, too. Some players hit iron onto the green.

I agree, although I think distance isnt everything, this course seems to have a lot of workability with pin placement and tee placement. Not EVERY hole will be playing the tips EVERY day. I was watching golf channel last night and they were interviewing the Redesign architect and he was saying how he would make some of the holes a driveable par 4 and such. It should be interesting to see the scores.

I agree, although I think distance isnt everything, this course seems to have a lot of workability with pin placement and tee placement. Not EVERY hole will be playing the tips EVERY day.

An important point, turns out that 248 yard hole is only 218 today. I can do that. Of course, I wouldn't be using my PW or SW, like these guys.

One of the courses i play has a par 3 at 238 yards. Its very tough and i might of birdied it once.

In my Ogio Budlight Bag
Taylormade R11 Driver | Big Bertha Diablo 3W | Tight Lies 5W & 7W |
Big Bertha Diablo 24 degree hybrid | Slingshot 4D 5-PW, AW Irons | SV Tour 56* wedge |
Detour Newport 2 | Noodle Ball | Golf Logix GPS

An important point, turns out that 248 yard hole is only 218 today. I can do that. Of course, I wouldn't be using my PW or SW, like these guys.

i've heard lots of things, but i've never heard of somebody taking a pitching wedge to a hole 220 yards away.

here on the internet ... people employ sarcasm frequently, welcome.

What's In My Bag?
Driver : Diablo
3wood : Diablo
Hybrid : 3DX RC Ironwood #3 20*
Irons : j36 cb's Putter : Tour Platinum 7081Ball : TP Black LDPHome Course :Lonnie Poole Golf Course at NC State University 74.7/134Eagle Ridge Golf Club 73.0/131

So now we know 642 yards is reachable in two. Next up: 700 yard par 5.

You know it's going to happen. 700 yards, narrow fairways and very deep rough.

So now we know 642 yards is reachable in two. Next up: 700 yard par 5.

Holy cow, I was just looking at the scorecard online and saw the three +600Y par 5s, and people are reaching in two?! That's just nuts.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Holy cow, I was just looking at the scorecard online and saw the three +600Y par 5s, and people are reaching in two?! That's just nuts.

Downhill, downwind, fast fairway. The 11th is actually playing quite a bit longer than the 15th despite being nearly 40 yards shorter on the scorecard. Here are some factors. The 11th is 15 yards uphill. The 11th also has a much softer fairway so the ball isn't rolling. It might even be a bit into the wind although I'm not certain on this point. At any rate, it is a true 3 shot par-5 for everyone except Quiros, who actually hit the green in two while Tiger, Paddy, and Beem were putting. They all started laughing when they saw the ball roll onto the green. lol

Tiger 1 off the lead. I'm sorry, but if he has the lead after Day 1, you can cut the field down to about 4 or 5 guys who even stand a chance.

Titleist 910D3 8.5* Aldila RIP
Titleist 910F 13.5* Diamana Kai'li
Nickent 4DX 20* and 24*
Tour Preferred 5-PW
52.08, 56.14, 60.04 Titleist Vokey

Odyssey Metal-X #9 Putter

Pro V1x

mr. eldrick just caught a massive break with a kick to the left on his 12th hole

and of course he sinks the 20ft + put for birdie and a share instead of taking a possible 6 with a bad break.

What's In My Bag?
Irons : j36 cb's Putter : Tour Platinum 7081Ball : TP Black LDPHome Course :Lonnie Poole Golf Course at NC State University 74.7/134Eagle Ridge Golf Club 73.0/131

Kind of Off topic but when is the winner of the PGA tour money list for 2009 determined? I am in a pool and I have Tiger who happens to be currently #1. Is it at the end of the regular season or do they factor in the players playoff earnings as well?

Sasquatch 4950 460 Driver
19 Degree A30S Boxer FW Hybrid
X-20 4-PW
56 SW, 60 LW
Tiffany Putter NXT Extreme Ball

lol how'd you manage to be lucky enough to get tiger .... i hope you bet the farm on that bet

What's In My Bag?

Everyone pulled cards to see what order everyone got to pick and I pulled the ace.

Sasquatch 4950 460 Driver
19 Degree A30S Boxer FW Hybrid
X-20 4-PW
56 SW, 60 LW
Tiffany Putter NXT Extreme Ball

lol tiger just TOASTED a 360 yard drive to the 575 par 5 so i guess that'll make up for the other rediculous par 5's

and hit a nice little 5i down to 20-25 ft with a chance for eagle....

What's In My Bag?

just what, exactly, is the point in having 600+ yard par 5's? anything more than say 620-30 depending upon the conditions is pretty much pointless if nobody has a chance at eagle.

It actually brings the guys who are great wedge players (usually shorter hitters) back into the field - as counter intuitive as it seems. It's actually the 490 yard par 4's thatskew things to the big hitters IMO.

Titleist 910D3 8.5* Aldila RIP
Titleist 910F 13.5* Diamana Kai'li
Nickent 4DX 20* and 24*
Tour Preferred 5-PW
52.08, 56.14, 60.04 Titleist Vokey

Odyssey Metal-X #9 Putter

Pro V1x

Note: This thread is 5366 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!