IGNORED

Which 3W would you pick

Note: This thread is 5370 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Well, I purchased the Titleist. They had an extra stiff and a stiff one, both pre-owned. I hit both of them after deciding I wanted a Titleist. I ended up with the Extra-Stiff, due to the distance increase (according to the computer I was hitting 275-280 solidly). 909 F2 Extra-Stiff 15.5° for $104 after using my $20 coupon from Golf Galaxy, not bad.

Man this thing is pretty.

Driver - Sumo 5900 (9.5°) S
3W - 909 F2 (15.5°) X
Hybrid - 4DX Ironwood 3 (20°) S
Irons: 4-PW - Victory Reds Full Cavity S
Wedge - CG14 (56°)Putter - Red X5 35"Ball - e6+Scores with New Bag:95, 83, 86

Right on I went back to the 975D Driver, I really thinking about picking up a 975F this year but I already have my trusty old *tmade* Burner Bubble that I hit well and its always hard to get rid of something thats been with you for awhile. I know your looking at all the new clubs and getting excited because your parents are help paying. But when you can find older models that hit just as well for under 40 its a steal.
Currently In My Bag: Driver- Taylor Made 300 Ti 9.5 Degree Stiff Flex; Woods - None Currently In The Bag; Irons - Titleist DCI 990 Irons (3-PW) Stiff Flex Steel; Wedge - Macgregor VIP Tourney Foil 60 Degree Lob Wedge; Putter - Taylor Made Rossa CGB Daytona 1 34" Length

Pretty positive that is at the top of everyone's page. It'll be okay haha

Haha, that's funny. Dreamsmith got a bit worked up!

To the OP, I've got a couple of Ping G10s in the bag and can't speak highly enough of them. I've found all of them to be as good as anything else I've tried or played against. You say you're plenty long, in which case you can do the same as I did - get a 4 wood. I think the couple of extra degrees of loft make it a touch less daunting hitting a 4 wood off a closely mown fairway.
In the bag...

G10 9° Driver
G10 17° 4 Wood
G10 21° Hybrid i15 4-PW Tour-W Wedges 50/12 & 56/10 Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 (35")Balls - Bridgestone B330-RX

I LOVE my 909 f2 the only thing i regret is not getting a 13.5 3 wood.... but its a great club IMO.

In My Hank Haney IJGA Bag
Driver: FT Tour 9.5 w/ Aldila Voodoo Stiff
3 Wood: i15 15.5 w/ avixcore red stiff
Hybrids: Rescue 09 19, 22 w/ fujikara fit on stiff
Irons: 4 & 5 MP-52, 6-PW MP-58 w/ KBS Tour Stiff Wedges: MP T-10 52*, 58* w/ KBS Tour StiifPutter: Fastback 1 34 inBall: : Pro...

Went to the range with this thing today. I can definitely feel the extra-stiffness in the shaft. After hitting it awfully like 20 times, I got used to it and began to feel more comfortable. This thing felt nice whenever I got in a groove, lets just see if I can actually replicate that groove more often than not (this is doubtful).
3W - 909 F2 (15.5°) X

Went to the range with this thing today. I can definitely feel the extra-stiffness in the shaft. After hitting it awfully like 20 times, I got used to it and began to feel more comfortable. This thing felt nice whenever I got in a groove, lets just see if I can actually replicate that groove more often than not (this is doubtful).

What is your swing speed out of curiosity? Extra stiff is a pretty tough shaft.

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

With this specific club?
I would say 110/111 max - like 20% of my hits. The numbers I saw the most of were 107/108 - like 70% of my hits. The other 10% were a little over 100. The percentages are just my guess, but I remember my max and what I saw the most of, so those are accurate. This info is from the Golf Galaxy machine, by the way.
Although the stiff probably would have suited me right now, I think the Extra will be fine in the long run. I say this because I honestly just started playing again in June after a big 6-7 year break from the game. I am still trying to get my swing back from when I was a kid and took lessons for several years, went to camps, etc. I had a pretty good swing back then. I think I have been able to "get back in the groove" faster because of the good foundation I had as a kid. Eventually I would like to get an instructor to speed this along and to just help me in general. I think after I "get my swing back" and just get better overall I will see my swing speed increase a little more. I am also pretty young, 22, in pretty good shape, I'm a personal trainer, so I am pretty confident that as I continue to get stronger/get better at Golf the X will pay off.
3W - 909 F2 (15.5°) X

What do you guys think about the Adams Speedline 3 Hybrid-Fairway Wood? Love my Adams 3 and 4 hybrids and would assume I would feel the same for their hybrid-fairway wood but didnt know if any of you have tried it out?

I'm very interested in the answer to this question as well!

Lefty Golfer!
In my light stand bag:
R7 Limited Driver 9.5* Matrix Ozik xcon 5.5 Stiff Shaft
A3os 3 (19*) and 4 (22*) Hybrids Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum Stiff shafts
X-22's 5-AW Regular Flex Uniflex Steel Shafts X-Forged SW 56* & LW 60* 35" Studio Stainless Newport 2.5 ('04 version) with a...

What do you guys think about the Adams Speedline 3 Hybrid-Fairway Wood? Love my Adams 3 and 4 hybrids and would assume I would feel the same for their hybrid-fairway wood but didnt know if any of you have tried it out?

I'm very interested in the answer to this question as well!

I use the Adams Speedline 15º and I hit a nice fade off the deck that goes about 220-240 depending on roll. I really like the fact that it plays shorter than most fairway woods since I had short-gripped my older fairway wood to get better contact. If you guys have any questions on it further, you can PM me so we don't threadjack.

« Keith »

If you guys have any questions on it further, you can PM me so we don't threadjack.

Don't worry about it! If its helpful to others than no complaints from me!

3W - 909 F2 (15.5°) X

I am in the market for a 3 wood as well. I have never had one before and I think it's about time to get one. I currently play a 10.5* Driver and an 18* 5 wood that I don't particularly like to hit if i don't have to (sometimes will go to the 4H or even 5i to feel more comfortable).

I really have no idea where to even start looking in terms of brands so if anyone has any suggestions...

Congrats on your new 3W. I recently picked up my 906F2 and it made me a true believer. Really nice at setup, weight feels just right in my hands, and the sound is so sweet. In all honesty, it's a warhammer. Outdrives my driver (which ain't sayin' much).

Now I have the urge to check out a 909D3...

Driver: 975D 10.5* UST ProForce 75 Gold S
3W: 906F2 15* S300 shaft
Irons: i-302 3-PW
Putter: Dual Force 990

I actually hit the old Nike Ignite 3w with a regular shaft(I have stiff in everything else). I hit it consistent and long so I can't change right now. I am in love with Titleist though...any new clubs will probably go in that direction.

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I need more control. I am a pretty big hitter, and would gladly choose a club that is forgiving over another that will add 10 yards to my ball. I sacrificed the distance I was getting with my dad's Burner for the control I found in the Nike Sumo. I only lost a few yards, but everything I hit with the Sumo is straight, with a fewer number of slices, which only happens when I rush myself and resort to some of my old bad habits. I have found the Ping to be slightly more forgiving than the Titleist, but I like the feel/look of the 909 whenever I am standing over the ball. If it matters the Ping also has a Fujikura shaft. How much does a different shaft benefit clubs such as these?

Go with the titleist and shaft or reshaft appropriately.

G10 (VS Proto 65 X) or 905S (speeder X) / X Tour 3W (VS Proto S) / Adams Idea Tour Proto 18* (VS Proto S) / S59 Tour, Z-Z65 Cushin (D2) / Mizuno MP-T 51-06 , 56-10, / Miz TP Mills #6 ~or~ Cleveland BRZ #5

Oh.My.God. I recently splurged on the Titleist 909 F2 3 wood (15.5*) and played my first round with it today. The club is amazing. I tried it out on the 2nd hole because my driver is so inconsistent and I hit the thing 240 yards the first time. If I'm lucky, I can hit my driver that far maybe once in a round. Needless to say I teed up with the 3W for the rest of the round. I averaged more yardage over the whole round than I do with my driver.

I was slicing the thing a little bit towards the end but that was my fault. It's a great club.

Note: This thread is 5370 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!