IGNORED

Most underrated golf company?

tmf9
Note: This thread is 5157 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for most underrated.....I agree that it is Wilson Staff.....but that should change...there new clubs look sweet.....saw them at the PGA Show....

What good products is Nicklaus putting out? I had a couple Nicklaus golf links in my favourites but they're dead now.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

You are so right Sean.......I haven't seen anything worth the nicklaus name in several years.......I had the airmax driver, woods and CGX irons in 2000, but have not seen anything......

I did note that the PGA Show announced that Ryan Moore was wearing the Wilson Staff logo on his painter's cap now. That will provide some decent exposre for them in the U.S. this year.

A few people I know fail to recognize Mizuno as a even a good (never mind top) make of clubs.

You're not serious right?...lol have you BEEN in this forum for longer than a day? (jk man)

In my Titleist 2014 9.5" Staff bag:

Cobra Bio+ 9* Matrix White Tie X  - Taylormade SLDR 15* ATTAS 80X - Titleist 910H 19* ATTAS 100X - Taylormade '13 TP MC 4-PW PX 6.5 - Vokey TVD M 50* DG TI X100 - Vokey SM4 55 / Vokey SM5 60* DG TI S400 - Piretti Potenza II 365g

I did note that the PGA Show announced that Ryan Moore was wearing the Wilson Staff logo on his painter's cap now. That will provide some decent exposre for them in the U.S. this year.

I do believe you mean Ricky Barnes, who is a Wilson Staff pro and is known for wearing a military cap. Ryan Moore just signed an equipment deal with Scratch Golf.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Hogan, they made some great blades, thought i think they might be now defunct.

They (Callaway) occasionally put out some Ben Hogan brand stuff, but most of it appears to be fairly low end (liking the Colonial high bounce 60* wedge I got in the fall though). Mint condition Hogan irons are still great if you can find 'em - most of the ones I've seen look like they've played 1e6 rounds!

There are some nice Japanese forgings out there - not too expensive all things considered (Epon, Mizuno, etc).

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Wilson and Adams would get my vote.

Padraig Harington and Tom Watson were winners and close seconds in majors last year, so that would lead you to believe that the equipment is very remarkable. After playing some of their equipment, it is not all that different or cheaply made than other top companies.

My arsenal

Bag- SQ Tour Stand Bag
Driver- Tour Burner 10.5* Stiff
3 Wood- SQ Dymo 15* Stiff5 Wood- SQ Dymo 19* StiffIrons (3-PW)- Tour Preferred StiffWedges- 56.11* and 60.07*Putter- Method 003 34 Inches

I don't think any other companies really offered it as part of the package like Ping. Fittings and such were expensive and not part of the standard procedure. And Ping supports their fittings so if you change you can send the club back and they will re-fit it. Tour Edge does this as well I believe.

Went on vacation and had to rent a set of Tour Edge clubs, it was all they had left for rent..... THEY WERE GARBAGE! CRAP CRAP CRAP, worst round of golf I have ever played, everytime I swung I thought they were going to break. Are you really repping Tour Edge? And you don't even own any? If you hit them once or twice you have no idea of what their quality is like.

:callaway: BB Alpha 815 DBD 10.5* Rogue Silver 60 :callaway: x2hot 3deep 14.5* (TBD) :tmade: RSI UDI 20* RIP Tour 90 :bridgestone: J40CB 4-PW Steelfiber i95 :vokey: SM4 50* KBS Tour V :vokey: SM5 54* KBS 610 :vokey: SM5 58* KBS HI-REV 2.0 MannKrafted Handmade Custom

Tour Edge makes great clubs and has a lifetime warranty.

KIA gave you a 10yr/100,000 mile warranty because you needed it not because they wanted to. I sold them when they first caame out and most people never made it home. I think this lifetime warranty is similar.

:callaway: BB Alpha 815 DBD 10.5* Rogue Silver 60 :callaway: x2hot 3deep 14.5* (TBD) :tmade: RSI UDI 20* RIP Tour 90 :bridgestone: J40CB 4-PW Steelfiber i95 :vokey: SM4 50* KBS Tour V :vokey: SM5 54* KBS 610 :vokey: SM5 58* KBS HI-REV 2.0 MannKrafted Handmade Custom

Nakashima, Miura, Chikara all of which are just excellent
If you always do what you've always done....You'll always be where you are right now..
Driver: C830.2 HOF Taiwan Proto
3 wood: Versus VS 1 Proforce V2
7 wood: DCT Fujikura Motore F1
3-pw: Nakashima NX-1 Project X 6.5 53*: ...

Note: This thread is 5157 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!