IGNORED

Hitting better with my hybrids than my driver...Help!

Note: This thread is 5360 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I went out today and stuck with my hybrids more than my driver. I almost out drove someone's driver hit by using my 4H. My question is, will this affect the way I hit with my driver in the long run if I dont use it as much? By the way im hitting with my hybrids, im afraid to go back to my driver.

Whats in the Four 5?

Burner 10.5 Stiff
Burner 3W
CPR 22/26 HybridsG5 5-PW Black Dot +2 Vokey Sm OilCanSV Tour 60* Black FinishBarbadosPro-V1 recycled

I did the same thing last season. I stuck with hitting the hybrid off the tee instead of the driver for awhile until I felt more comfortable with my driver. Do whatever works best.

In my Xtreme Sport bag
'09 Burner 9.5*
F50 15* 3 Wood
Burner 18* 5 Wood
MX-19 4-GW SV Tour 54.12 & 58.08 White Hot 2-Ball SRT

It doesn't matter how long ... it matters how many

If you hit your hybrid straight and you're struggling with your driver ... hit the hybrid. It's better to keep par inplay with the hybrid, then hope for a good driver and possibly go ob with a bad one.

What's In My Bag?
Driver : Diablo
3wood : Diablo
Hybrid : 3DX RC Ironwood #3 20*
Irons : j36 cb's Putter : Tour Platinum 7081Ball : TP Black LDPHome Course :Lonnie Poole Golf Course at NC State University 74.7/134Eagle Ridge Golf Club 73.0/131

I had my first highschool match today, was number 9 man, was expected to hit in the mid 50s. I hit my 5 wood of most tees, used the driver 2 times. I shot a 47, everyone else in my foursome shot around 60. They used their drivers on every hole they could. (Even the 200 yard par 3, so 8 of 9)

In the carry bag:
'07 Burner 10.5 Driver (S Flex)
Hyper X 5 Wood
J33CB 4-PW Irons (S Flex)
Vokey 54-10 Spin Milled Watson 08 60 Lob Wedge G5i Blade

It doesn't matter how long ... it matters how many

Thats very true on not mattering how far my shots go. I was just curious on what many pros on here say if using my hybrids can affect my driver swing later on the future.

For now, im gonna stick to my hybrids just because im hitting them pretty damn well. On a 180+ par 3, I was able to get about 10 yards shy from the green. Thats with a 4H too. so I must be doing something good if Im hitting my balls that solid with the hybrid.

Whats in the Four 5?

Burner 10.5 Stiff
Burner 3W
CPR 22/26 HybridsG5 5-PW Black Dot +2 Vokey Sm OilCanSV Tour 60* Black FinishBarbadosPro-V1 recycled

I agree with everyone's responses here 110%, but I wanna play devil's advocate on this one, sorry :)

If you're on the tee box, and you have it in your head that you're not gonna hit your driver well, and you shoulda stuck with the hybrid, guess what's gonna happen??

Follow me on Twitter - TST_Justin
 -  -  - 

This Week's Bag Drop - Miura Passing Point 9003 Forged Irons and Adams Idea Pro a12 Irons and Hybrids  - Sweet new forged cavity backs from Miura (do they make any irons that arent simply beautiful?) and irons/hybrids from Adams created with...

Well, im planning on taking lessons soon, but this time work on my driving because by far its the toughest club to hit with and I get frustrated sometimes when my drives lack in yardage from everyone elses. Thats just me being an ogre in the course and wanting to smack my ball as far

Whats in the Four 5?

Burner 10.5 Stiff
Burner 3W

I went out today and stuck with my hybrids more than my driver. I almost out drove someone's driver hit by using my 4H. My question is, will this affect the way I hit with my driver in the long run if I dont use it as much? By the way im hitting with my hybrids, im afraid to go back to my driver.

Then use your Hybrid. Where does it say that you

HAVE TO hit your drive off the tee? Use what works for you!

NBC Tour Member

In my Nike bag:
Cobra Speed LD OS Driver
Nike Ignite 3H Nike Ignite irons 4 - PWCheap no name LW (60*) and AW (54*)Nike OZ #3 PutterPro V1x or Noodle+ BallsFootJoy ShoesNike glove

I use my hybrids a lot, I can hit my 3H as far as I hit an average drive with my driver, 210 yards or so, sometimes can get it to go 220 or more if I hit it really well. I use my driver mostly just on par 5's anymore as they usually have more wide open fairways so I've got more room to mess up my drive. Use my 3 wood a lot off the tee too, though if I try to get too much out of it Ill slice it just like my driver so a smooth 210-215 is about average for it. So basically, I can get about 210-215 yards in play with a driver or 3 hybrid on most par 4's and 5's or can roll the dice and try to hit it farther with the driver but risk hitting the ball not where I want it to go.

In my bag
Driver-top flite cannon 460 cc 10.5 deg, reg flex
3 Wood-ACUITY GOLF RCX 14°
3h-warrior golf tcp 20°
4h-warrior golf tcp 23°5h-warrior golf tcp 26° 6-pw-AFFINITY / ORLIMAR HT2 SERIES irons steel shafts regular flex56° sw-tour seriesram puttergolf balls-intech beta ti

If I keep getting better with my hybrids, I might as well invest in a decent set.

Whats in the Four 5?

Burner 10.5 Stiff
Burner 3W

If I keep getting better with my hybrids, I might as well invest in a decent set.

That's the spirit! MORE GEAR MORE FUN.

In the blue Colts bag:

Driver - FT-5 10°
Hybrids - 4DX 15.5°, 20°
Irons/Wedges - CI-7 4-GW, SW | "Free" Warrior 60° LWPutter - TiffanyBalls - various

I'm not really a fan of using my hybrids off the tees. If its long enough and I don't want to pull out my driver, I use my 3 wood which gets me 225-250. If its a short par 3 (160 or less). I will use a 6 iron. If its a long par 3 (180), I have no answer for that. So, I guess I better practice using my 4H off the tee.

I average about 200 with my 3H and 150-175 with my 5H. Don't hit the 4H much but I think I will work on it this weekend.
In the Bag
Driver: Sumo SQ 5000 460cc 11.5
3-Wood: 2007 Burner 15°
Hybrid: Walter Hagen T3 (-3 23°), (-4 26°) (-5 29°)
Irons: Walter Hagen T3 (4-PW)Putter: Walter Hagen T3 Mallet PutterBalls: GamerGlove: Dri-Fit Elite

Note: This thread is 5360 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!