IGNORED

Your favorite golf ball!

rembrandt
Note: This thread is 5596 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Pro-V1x.

Only the TaylorMade Black has come close...very close. I'm still a Titleist man though.

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

For me, any of the premium balls are fine.

HX Tour
Pro V1
Pro V1x
B330
B300S

I don't feel there's any difference at all between premium balls. And I don't feel that anybody but the pros can.

ProV1x for sure. Also keep some NXT tours in my bag.
The spin on the ProV1x is perfect. Best ball on or around the greens, off the tee, anywhere, Great ball.
In My Bags(s)... Main Set & Back Up Set

Driver: Rapture V2 9.o / G15 9.o (Stiff)
3 Wood: G15 15.5 / G10 15.o (Stiff)
5 Wood: G15 18.5 / G10 18.o (Stiff)Hybrid: G15 20.o / G10 21.o (Stiff)Irons & Wedges (4-L): Eye 2 +no+ / Eye 2 BeCu (Blue Dot / Stiff)Extra Wedge: 60.4 Satin Nickel Spin...

I don't feel there's any difference at all between premium balls. And I don't feel that anybody but the pros can.

I cannot speak for everybody but I can definately tell a difference between premium balls. Spin characteristics and how they putt differ hugely even between balls made by the same company (ex. ProV1 vs. ProV1x) There is no comparison between The Nike One and the ProV1x. I think the Nike and Bridgestone balls feel like rocks off the putter head. The ProV1, the Taylormade Red, and the Nike One Platinum all spin way too much for me. The only balls I probably could not tell the difference between would be the TM black and the ProV1x as they both perform very well for me. I prefer the ProV like I stated before simply because I believe it holds up better.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

• Administrator
Pro-V1x.

I thought you liked the red over the black? You were considering switching back when we did the review: has your opinion changed?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Like most of the mid level balls. The noodle(longest), powersoft(best overall), and strata(best off wedges and chipping) are my favorites. I suspect I lack have the skill to take advantage of high end balls, although I have tried several.

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

i switched to the b330 and am really liking it.

I find I can control my shots alot better and it has a much more "bore-ing" traj, like they advertise. It deff helps me in windy conditions and Im still able to hold shots on the greens

I found my vokeys were eating them but theyre both (52 and 58) pretty new so im trying to see if after aging a bit, that begins to settle down.

Harder feel around the greens but once I got used to it, I actually like it now (never thougth I would)

Hope that helps

bridgestone j33r 460 V2 75 Stiff
HiBore Fairway 15 V2 75 Stiff
hybrid HiBore19 S300
bridgestone j33b 3-PW S300
Vokey 52 GP Vokey 58 LWyes sophia Putter 33Titleist v1x - bridgestone B330Home Course: Bethpage

The two I find when I lose one of mine off the tee are my favorite!

Forget your opponents; always play against par. - Sam Snead

Driver: R580 9.5 deg
3-Wood: 15.0 deg (holdover from my starter set)
5-Wood: 18.0 deg (holdover from my starter set)Irons: TA-5 3-PWWedge: CG-12 56 degPutter: White Hot XG Sabertooth

The two I find when I lose one of mine off the tee are my favorite!

Have you ever noticed that when you hit one in the woods/water you can come out with a dozen and it's still never an even trade for the one you hit in? I always seem to trade one ProV1 for 6 or 7 DT Wounds or Intech's. Oh well, it keeps my wife and kids in golf balls.

Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

Being that I work in a pro shop, we have a lot of lost balls go into the 50 cent basket for sale. I get first choice at all the premium balls that come along. That helps keep me and my son in balls. Sure does help to get to play free and enjoy the discounts that the pro shop offers. I let others have the ProV1s cause I can't seem to get any distance out of them.

Golf is not a game, it's a way of life!

Driver...Cubic Balance offset
Fairway wood......Flying Saucer
3-Wood....Cleveland LauncherIrons.......Callaway Great Big Bertha w/graphite shaftswedges....Cleveland sand wedge, Callaway Lob wedge putter....Claveland VAS.

I've spent this summer trying every golf ball known to man! I've learned alot about them also. As far as I can determine the Titleist Pro V1 is the best there is. I've tried the other premium balls and they are also close but I just played some really good shots with the Pro V1.

The ball I usually play was the HX Hot. Fantastic ball! I just replaced it though with one I think is slightly better and that's the Bridgestone E-5. (E-6 is also good but not as long).

After that the only ones I really like (other then most all of the premium balls) were the Titleist NXT (does everything good but nothing exceptional) and I can tolerate the Pinnacle Exception. (Only Nike I like is the One).

All the rest are water balls!!!

WBL

What's In the Bag
Callaway FTiq Tour i-mix 9.5º with stiff Mitsubishi Rayon Javlnfx 6
Cobra F-Speed LD 3-wood 15.5º with 43" YS Tour AD regCobra Baffler DWS 20º & 23º with Aldila VS Proto HL regPing S59 3-PW with Nippon PRO 950GH stiffTitleist Vokey Spin Milled 56º wedgeInazone B...

Forgot a few comments...

Nike Power distance soft were like hitting a donut and went about as far.

Noodles used to be great balls (long and soft) but the new "longest noodle" is not the same. I put a new one on the tee, hit a nice straight 250 yard drive. Hit a nice straight 3-wood. Chipped on and two putted and one side was all "smeared" with a big cut in the middle. I never made a bad shot on it and it wouldn't make it through one hole!!

Haven't tried the premium Bridgestone and Hogan balls yet. Also heard lot's of good things about the HX Red and Blue but haven't tried them yet either. Warbirds were okay but not close to the HX Hots.

(My nickname is not from the golf ball it's because I like WWII airplanes).

WBL

What's In the Bag
Callaway FTiq Tour i-mix 9.5º with stiff Mitsubishi Rayon Javlnfx 6
Cobra F-Speed LD 3-wood 15.5º with 43" YS Tour AD regCobra Baffler DWS 20º & 23º with Aldila VS Proto HL regPing S59 3-PW with Nippon PRO 950GH stiffTitleist Vokey Spin Milled 56º wedgeInazone B...

• 2 years later...
I love the stones e6+ but hate the treo soft garbage if you ask me Ive hit random b330-s's but never paid attention to detail with them so I bought a dozen and Im playing tommorrow and will post up my thought/opinions on them as well... Im mainly looking for control and "check"
Driver Tit 907D2 9.5 aldila spec grid 67s
HybidTit 585H 19* s flex
IronsTit 775cb 3-pw
WedgesTit vokey 52* 56* 60*
Putter Rife Barbados 35" winn mid pistol gripGolfballBridgestone B330-s/taylormade tp black/titleist prov1x

I've spent this summer trying every golf ball known to man! I've learned alot about them also. As far as I can determine the Titleist Pro V1 is the best there is. I've tried the other premium balls and they are also close but I just played some really good shots with the Pro V1.

I've hit them all, but in terms of softness around the green and distance off the tee, no ball compares with a Pro V1x for me.

However, I have a balata Titleist in my practice bag that is so soft, much softer than a ProV1. I wish I could have a ball like that around the greens. And, I still like Pinnacle Exceptions for a value ball.

i love the prov1. it has been the best performance for me. i've been suggested the prov1x a few times, but never had the cash laying around to dish out on them when i already had the prov1's at home. i home to buy a few dozen of them because it will reduce my spin rate off the driver and i'll get some more distance. i just love the way the prov1's are on the greens and i've heard the prov1x's are the same thing with added distance.

In my Diablo Edge Tour/ Titliest Stand Bag:
Driver: Nike VR Pro 8.5* w/ Myazaki 43g X
3 Wood: Nike VR Pro II 13.5* w/ Diamana Whiteboard 83g X
5 Wood: Cobra S9-1 Pro 18* w/ Diamana Whiteboard 83g X

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 21* w/ Prolaunch Red X
Irons: 4-7 Titleist 712 CB, 8-9 712 MB w/ TT Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: 46* Vokey SM4, 54* Vokey SM4, 60* TMade ATV

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Belly 43"

I'm sure this has been kicked around before but not by me. I like the new Callaway HX Hot balls. What is your favorite? I can't seem to hit the Titleist ProV1s and the So/los just go off in my hands on the greens.

Titleist Pro V-1's---and when I can get them, the Hogan Tour Deep. A golf store and a couple of pro shops in this area used to sell the Hogans but no more. Does anyone else play them? They cost half as much as the Pro V-1, and I cannot tell the difference in terms of feel or performance.

Mitch Pezdek------Dash Aficionado and Legend in My Own Mind

Titleist Pro V-1's---and when I can get them, the Hogan Tour Deep. A golf store and a couple of pro shops in this area used to sell the Hogans but no more. Does anyone else play them? They cost half as much as the Pro V-1, and I cannot tell the difference in terms of feel or performance.

About 6 months ago i had a few Hogans, i feel they are a great ball and are a good alternative to the Pro V's but having played with the Pro V's for over 12 months i can't play without them.

My latest favorite is the Bridgestone e7+. It's a new 3 piece ball that is designed to be a little lower trajectory. Cost is about $27. I really like many of the premium balls (especially the Bridgestone B330-S and Callaways i-tour and Srixon Z-URS models), but they are just too expensive for me. For the last couple years I have played the Bridgestone e5, Wilson Zip (very underrated ball), Top Flight Gamer and TaylorMade Burner TP. I like all of those models, but a couple months ago bought these e7 balls and have found they perform the best for me (at least considering the money).
Driver: SQ DYMO STR8-Fit
4 Wood: SQ DYMO
2H (17*), 4H (23*) & 5H (26*): Fli-Hi CLK
Irons (5-6): MX-900; (7-PW): MP-60
Wedges (51/6*): MP-T Chrome; (56/13): MP-R ChromePutter: White Hot XG 2-Ball CSPreferred Ball: e5+/e7+/B330-RXGPS Unit: NEOPush Cart: 2.0

Note: This thread is 5596 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!