IGNORED

Mid-price wedges?

wubskis
Note: This thread is 5327 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

$50 flat, regardless of order. Ouch.

That will put a damper on a good deal fast.

Driver.... Nickent DX Evolver V2 65 stiff /07 Burner YS6+ stiff .
4 wood..... Nickent 4DX
Hybrids.....Tour Edge Geomax 22* 25* 28*
Irons.....TM R7 6-P + AW,SW,LW
Putter.....Odyssey White Hot XG 2 BallBag.......Callaway ORG 14 A.L.I.C.E. Ball........Bridgestone e6 / Srixon Soft Feel...

Rockbottom has much more reasonable shipping rates, and scales based on what you buy, so if I was to get both wedges there, it'd work out to $36.99 for both. As I said before, the irons I bought worked out cheaper at RBG including shipping before I haggled in the store

I just found out a friend's gonna let me take his 60* out for a round or two to see how I like it, which may actually turn my wedge buying on its head.

We shall see~

There's some good deals to be had on ebay. I bought a set of Cleveland CG10s (52/56/60) brand new for £90 inc delivery, and saw a second hand set of CG12s go for £60+p&p; last night, if that fits in your budget?

Mmm, I'm just not sure what to think about used wedges after previous comments in the thread saying they lose their performance. How're yours working out for you?

I was at PGA superstore the other day and they had the whole 2008 line of Vokeys on sale for $75.......

In my TMX stand bag:

R580XD 10.5* Stiff
'07 Burner 5 Wood 18*
'09 Burner Rescue Hybrid #3 19* Stiff 3dx Ironwood #4 Stiff Idea Tech OS 5-PW Vokey SM 52*-08 CG11 SM 58*-08 White Hot XG #2 33.5"

I'd have to agree with the eBay route. When I was on the market for new wedges I got a set (52/56/60) of Cleveland CG-12's for less than $150 (all 3!) brand new, still in plastic. I actually passed the info on to a friend of mine who ended up getting the exact same wedges. Heads and grips still in plastic, as brand new as they could be. I know some people may be against eBay, but I have bought almost all of my clubs there and have saved tons of money on great equipment.

Driver: R7 Superquad, 9.5*, Proforce UST V2 Stiff
3-W: 300-series, 15*, steel shaft
Irons: TP MB Smoke 3-PW (just got em!)
Old irons: rac MB 3-PW (might be selling soon?)
Wedges: CG-12 Gunmetal, 52*, 56* & 60*Putter: Studio Select Newport, 15g weights, 34", etcBag: Hoofer Lite (sun-faded...

Hmm, never would have thought eBay would shine for new clubs, usually 'buyer spite' kicks in and they sell for more than RRP heh. I'll have a look, definately.

I guess I should make another topic on groove sharpeners, because if they work as advertised in theory you could just get some old Vokeys or something and sharpen them to high heaven.

"Went to golf shops today and saw some budget wedges, including SWs, GWs, and Lobs.

I have been playing the Slazenger Onyx G Gap, Sand, and Lob set since Father's Day and absolutely love them. I have a friend that uses the Tom Watson set and feels the same. We got them for $100 for each 3 wedge set. They play, feel, and spin excellent. As mentioned several times above though, you can get some great deals on used and discontinued wedges from the big names as well. I have other single wedges from Cleveland, Titleist, and Callaway, and my Slazengers perform just as well with my ability. I like the fact that they are matching. I think I am a little biased though, since my daughters gave them to me for Father's Day.

In my  Warbird Hot stand bag:
nike.gif Dymo2 Str8 fit 10.5 or  HiBore XLS 10.5,  Steelhead Plus 3 and 5 woods,

NP2 3H,  DCI 990 4-PW,  Forged + 54/12,  RAC 58/8,

Classic #1,  NXT Tour or  Burner TP

Gigagolf wedges are $20, $25, and $30 repectivly for their amazing regular, black, and oil can wedges. Diamond Tour also has CNC Milled wedges that are supposed to play like Vokeys for anywhere from $15-35.

Driver: Hyper X Tour 10.5* Graffalloy Prolaunch Blue Stiff Shaft
Hybrid: Acer Select 5000 16* Ping Cushin Stiff Shaft
Irons: NDS 3-PW (missing #7, replaced with clone) True Temper Uniflex SpeedStep Shaft
Wedges: Acer XK Tour 56*10 Precision Stiff Shaft, Revolution 60*10 True Temper Wedgeflex

Em I'm using Nickent Arc wedges and they work great. I got them for 48.88+GST here in Canada. They were on sale and i needed a gap and a lop wedge. Originally they're priced at 99.99+GST. But if u can find them on sale, its a steal.

In my Powerband stand bag:

Driver: 3DX RC 10.5
Woods: N/A
Hybrids: 3DX RC 3/4-20/23Irons: 3DX RC 5-PWWedges: ARC 52/58Putter: pipe IIGlove: SoftJoyBall: Noodle Tour LTD

has anyone tried the purespin wedges . heard they are gud and cheap

07 Burner regular flex. (my dads-doing wonders with it) :D
supersteel burner steel shaft strong 3 wood
R7 draw 5 wood
Rapture 4-pw uw. Red dot. <3
56 deg sw60 deg Cg14 white steel two ball putter penta golf shoes. =D

Quick update:

Found more brands of small-company wedges - all under $40 a club - you might look at:

* Jazz Fatcat 52.8 and 56.14 (regular shafts)

* Aspire C12 (looks somewhat like a big-name model )

* Aspire TGS (Tour Grind Sole) appears to have some interesting shaping of the sole, possibly variable bounce depending on set-up; might be a good buy if it works.

--------------

Also, has anyone had a worn wedge refurbished at the factory - including groove recut? I've heard of people doing it, but don't know the cost or how effective it is. Also, has anybody bought a used, worn wedge and had it refurbed?

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

* Jazz Fatcat 52.8 and 56.14 (regular shafts)

Can't find any of the aforementioned wedges at UK dealers, this country is getting on my last nerve, heh.

I'm really curious if refurb wedges work just fine, because you can get secondhand ones for pennies.

Saw a set on Rockbottom Golf and they were super cheap, haven't seen a review though. Would be curious to hear!

They are on rockbottomgolf.com for 60 for a set of 3. I had a 56* with my old set. It worked very well. The diamond face is a bit rougher of a surface, so it grabs the ball a bit better than ordinary wedges at that price. It's been a while since I've had it. I would give the wedge about 7.5/10. But, that was when I didn't really know how to use it as I do now. All in all, i think it would be a good by if you can't splurge on new vokeys.

As for groove sharpeners, As long as you don't press hard on the face, and make the grooves illegal, they work great. I use on that I got off of ebay, and it has done wonders in restoring the grooves to wear they were when they were new.

In my bag:

DRIVER: 905T w/ Fujikura E360 Shaft
3 Wood 906 F4 w/ Aldila Proto "By You"
Irons: MP 30 w/ Rifle 5.5 Wedges Oil Can 50*, Vokey SM 54* and 58*Putter: C-06

Note: This thread is 5327 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!