IGNORED

Anyone enjoying the drink tonight?

Danny Noonan
Note: This thread is 1654 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I love Firefly...Just great stuff.

Between the alcohol and the TV series, it might make my list of top however-many favorite words.

This half and half is very good, but needs a bit more bite in my opinion. I believe it's only about 13% ABV

Just means you can drink more of it.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

alright well i just made something new i heard of called a Batanga.

its:
1 can of regular coke
1 shot of tequilla
1 pinch of salt (i like a little more than one pinch myself)
and fresh lime juice(1/2 of lime)

surprisingly i actually like it pretty welll. when i heard coke and tequilla mixed i didnt think it was gonna me to good, but it actually is.

:cobra: Speed ld-f 10.5 Stiff
:snake_eyes: 3 & 5 Woods
:adams:A4 3 hybrid
:bridgestone: J33 Forged Irons 4-pw
:ping: 50th Aniv. Karsten Ansr Putter56*, 60* wedges

Just a shot of Nyquil tonite!

Driver.... Nickent DX Evolver V2 65 stiff /07 Burner YS6+ stiff .
4 wood..... Nickent 4DX
Hybrids.....Tour Edge Geomax 22* 25* 28*
Irons.....TM R7 6-P + AW,SW,LW
Putter.....Odyssey White Hot XG 2 BallBag.......Callaway ORG 14 A.L.I.C.E. Ball........Bridgestone e6 / Srixon Soft Feel...

Just a shot of NyQuil tonite!

Fixed your quote. Blasphemy to spell NyQuil with a small Q.

Big N, little Y, BIG F*****' Q! Remember that skit by Dennis Leary? I love NyQuil. Its almost a treat to get sick to legitimize a big swig of that stuff. For me tonight, its a decent sized glass of The Lagavulin. - DN

- DN
Sun Mountain C-130 Bag - Titanium
Ping G10 Irons PW-5
Ping G10 Driver
Ping G10 21 and 24 HybridsPing G15 17 HybridScotty Newport 2 Button BackTitleist Vokey Spin Milled 52 (8), 56 (14), and 60 (4)Titleist ProV1Backspin Buddy Groove Sharpener (yes, it works great)Adidas 360 Ltd.

I love new castle on tap. Its sooo smooth.

I'm yet to have Newcastle (all one word, as in the place in northern England) on draft and be nearly as impressed as I am with a 500ml bottle from the fridge like I get back home.

The small bottles in the US or cans don't hold a candle to it. If you're ever in the UK pop into a Sainsbury's or somewhere and buy a couple of bottles. You won't be disappointed!

In the Matrix XTT Standbag:

Driver: Biggest Big Bertha 11*
Fairway Wood: Steelhead Plus 3 Wood
Irons: T-Zoid Titanium Insert irons 3-SWWedge: Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.04Putter: Pro Platinum Laguna 34" w/ British Open '04 headcoverBall: ProV1 Rule35 Playing again after a three year hiatus...

Fixed the Spelling of Denis

Whoa - I never realized he spelled it with one N. Very odd.

- M1A

- DN
Ping G10 Irons PW-5
Ping G10 Driver
Ping G10 21 and 24 HybridsPing G15 17 HybridScotty Newport 2 Button BackTitleist Vokey Spin Milled 52 (8), 56 (14), and 60 (4)Titleist ProV1Backspin Buddy Groove Sharpener (yes, it works great)Adidas 360 Ltd.

Just got back from Scotland where I took my grandson to University. He's just started his degree course at St. Andrews (lucky twonk) and I got back with a rather nice bottle of Aberlour which is just begging to be cracked.

Whoa - I never realized he spelled it with one N. Very odd.

I actually like Leary.

I'm drinking orange juice neat.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

Spending the day with the family today....son had a soccer game.

Now watching Georgia hopefully whip the Volunteers.

Gonna cook some burgers and brats on the grill later and then enjoy Florida @ LSU game at 8:00pm.

I will be multi-tasking....all this rigorous football watching and intense grilling will be supplimented with some ice cold Miller GD 64's.

909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

Gonna watch some college ball today too, but no drinks - wife had to put in some extra time today so I'm with the kids.

Did stop by BevMo to get another bottle of The Lagavulin 16. Amazing how fast this stuff disappears and I'm the only one who ever takes a nip off of it. I only pour from it on the weekend, and usually about two shots per evening. At that rate I buy a bottle a month.

Someone mentioned it being a rather smokey scotch. Yes, it is. I love this drink I highly recommend it. Honestly, its about the only thing I ever drink anymore.

Oh, and prefer it straight. Tried ice, splash of water, etc. IMHO it ruins it.

- DN

- DN
Ping G10 Irons PW-5
Ping G10 Driver

alright well i just made something new i heard of called a Batanga.

Aren't you a little too young to be drinking????

Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

Aren't you a little too young to be drinking????

I don't know about him. Me, I'm too old to be underage drinking.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

In another post he states he's 17 years old.

A little young to be mixing drinks with tequila and etc.

In another post he states he's 17 years old.

How old are you? I was 17 in 1987. Mixing up a few drinks with tequila was probably one of the more mild things we were into. And I was one of the "good" kids. About two hours from now I'll be pouring my glass. - DN

- DN
Ping G10 Irons PW-5
Ping G10 Driver

I can really recommend Balvenie Doublewood if you are into scotch. Nice, round taste, but still a little edge to it.

It should be suitable for most whisk(e)y lovers, unless you insist it has to taste of goat and smoke. (In that case, I'd recommend Laphroaig, which is excellent. All goats are old and the smoke is thick.

I can really recommend Balvenie Doublewood if you are into scotch. Nice, round taste, but still a little edge to it.

I can't say I'm a big scotch drinker. I started drinking The Lagavulin last November and have pretty much stayed with that. I did get a glass of McCallen at a restaurant and it was okay, but a little too butterscotchy for me. I don't think I'd buy McCallen, but I'd drink it if offered it.

I'm the kind of drinker that once I find something I really like, I quit exploring. That is probably fairly lame. - DN

- DN
Ping G10 Irons PW-5
Ping G10 Driver

I can't say I'm a big scotch drinker. I started drinking The Lagavulin last November and have pretty much stayed with that. I did get a glass of McCallen at a restaurant and it was okay, but a little too butterscotchy for me. I don't think I'd buy McCallen, but I'd drink it if offered it.

The McCallen is nice, but quite round, as you say. I also like the Lagavulin, but if you are feeling a bit adventurous, the Laphroaig Quarter cask

http://www.laphroaig.com/whiskies/qu...d=quarter_cask is a real good one, IMHO. Some enjoy it with a drop of water, but I like it straight. Edit: I've also had a few goes at Talisker, but they were just too "bitter" for me.

Note: This thread is 1654 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!