IGNORED

Check out my driver swing

Note: This thread is 5315 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm just an average hacker...so keep that in mind.

Your swing would fall right into that of any group I play with.

Your set up looks good. You maintain balance throughout the swing and don't seem to overswing but yet make a very athletic pass through the ball.

I suggest trying to maintain a bit more knee flex in the right leg throughout the swing.

Hopefully the more skilled eyes will offer suggestions.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

• Administrator

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

That's very interesting iacas. Strangely enough, my teaching pro clearly insists that sliding is wrong, that I should just rotate my hips while they sit in their place. I always slide and he always urges me against it.
My achievements:
Eagles: 0
Birdies: 18
Best Round: 89

Again, I'm a hack as well, but you *seem* to come off your swing plane on your follow through. While your swing plane is nice and shallow throughout, by the end, your plane is super steep and a bit forced.

Hopefully I'm on point with this.

• Administrator
That's very interesting iacas.

If you're talking about the same kind of hip slide, then your teaching pro is a moron and you should get a new one immediately.

You play a weak-ish fade/slice, huh?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

You play a weak-ish fade/slice, huh?

Exactly. When I'm bad it's a horrible slice, when I'm consistent, it's a nice smooth fade down the fairway. I can NEVER hit my driver dead straight. I don't remember I've ever done it before.

I can hit my 3W dead straight at times though, but still, I fade most of the time.
My achievements:

If you're talking about the same kind of hip slide, then your teaching pro is a moron

He is a moron and a jerk as well. Mostly for things not related to golf. He's a very talented player, but I don't think he's a very good teaching pro.

My achievements:

I was thinking a fade/slice as well. I couldn't see it in your approach swing (I'm guessing it faded), but your practice swing showed that you finished your swing low (it would've sliced). Both swings did not look the same. I'm guessing that you put either or on your approach. It looks like you have a over-the-top tendency.

My guess would be to try to move your hands closer to your body. It looks like you're "reaching" out to the ball. That's from what I see, anyway.

Good luck!

Driver: Titleist 905R with Aldila NV stiff
3 Wood: Titleist 909f2 w/ Aldila Voodoo stiff
Hybrid: Taylor Made Rescue Club 19*
4-PW: Titleist 695cb
GW (50 degree): Titleist Oil Can Vokey 250SW (54 degree): Titleist Vokey Oil Can Spin MilledLW (58 degree): Titleist Vokey Spin MilledPutter: Scotty...

You lose a lot of torque on your backswing. your right hip closes down causing you to lose all your power. Swing plain looks alright, set up ok, and your finish is very Paul Goydos'ish'.?

Your hips are getting so far closed, also might have something to do with your slice. your forced to start your hands early on your downswing with your hips to catch up, causing you to come through the ball (outside to inside)

G10 (VS Proto 65 X) or 905S (speeder X) / X Tour 3W (VS Proto S) / Adams Idea Tour Proto 18* (VS Proto S) / S59 Tour, Z-Z65 Cushin (D2) / Mizuno MP-T 51-06 , 56-10, / Miz TP Mills #6 ~or~ Cleveland BRZ #5

the one thing i noticed was that you take back the club on an inside path and swing through on an inside path as well. that is a recipe for a major slice and not what i'd recommend. i'm a firm believer in hitting a slight draw as your "go-to shot". i would do this on almost every golf swing. to do this, swing the club back on an inside path and swing through the ball on a slightly outside swing path following through pointing just to the right of the target. this should create a slight right to left ball flight. this shot is easier to hit and easier to control. give it try and see how it works out for you.

In My Bag:
Driver: ERC Fusion 10* stiff
3W: Big Bertha Fusion 13* stiff
5W: Big Bertha 2004 15* firm
7W: Big Bertha 2004 21* firm3H: IHS 20* med firm4H: IHS 23* med firm5I-PW: IHS reg steelAW: Mercedes Catalyst Hybrid 52* SW: Mercedes Catalyst Hybrid 56*LW: Mercedes Catalyst Hybrid 60*LW: FX 64*

you're club head is a bit laid off in your backswing, looks a little flat but you keep on that plane pretty well through impact. not sure from this angle how your weightshift/hip turn is. btw guys, you don't want to slide your hips to the ball because this causes alot of mishits. what tiger does as shown in the picture is that he is driving his hips throught the zone. they lead his down swing and rotate forward as they "slide" or bump as most call it. he basically shifts his weight from back to front as he swings and then posts off of his left knee for leverage.

In my Diablo Edge Tour/ Titliest Stand Bag:
Driver: Nike VR Pro 8.5* w/ Myazaki 43g X
3 Wood: Nike VR Pro II 13.5* w/ Diamana Whiteboard 83g X
5 Wood: Cobra S9-1 Pro 18* w/ Diamana Whiteboard 83g X

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 21* w/ Prolaunch Red X
Irons: 4-7 Titleist 712 CB, 8-9 712 MB w/ TT Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: 46* Vokey SM4, 54* Vokey SM4, 60* TMade ATV

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Belly 43"

the one thing i noticed was that you take back the club on an inside path and swing through on an inside path as well. that is a recipe for a major slice and not what i'd recommend. i'm a firm believer in hitting a slight draw as your "go-to shot". i would do this on almost every golf swing. to do this, swing the club back on an inside path and swing through the ball on a slightly outside swing path following through pointing just to the right of the target. this should create a slight right to left ball flight. this shot is easier to hit and easier to control. give it try and see how it works out for you.

A pretty good golfer named Arnie Palmer hit a fade with ok results

G10 (VS Proto 65 X) or 905S (speeder X) / X Tour 3W (VS Proto S) / Adams Idea Tour Proto 18* (VS Proto S) / S59 Tour, Z-Z65 Cushin (D2) / Mizuno MP-T 51-06 , 56-10, / Miz TP Mills #6 ~or~ Cleveland BRZ #5

A pretty good golfer named Arnie Palmer hit a fade with ok results

absolutely, there are great pros that hit fades. actually they can work the ball either way with great results. but from my experience, most average to below avg players naturally hit fades that become slices. a big slice will kill your game. as you know, when you read articles and instruction, most of what you hear is, "how do i fix my slice". this can be fixed immediately by simply playing for a slight draw. there is no one right way to swing but i find that a draw is the simplest and most easy to control swing. we are not arnie palmer, lol. i played a fade for years with inconsistent results and had trouble with alignment all the time. the timing was just too difficult for me to repeat without hours and hours of practice time. the draw takes much less practice time to see consistent results.

In My Bag:
Driver: ERC Fusion 10* stiff
3W: Big Bertha Fusion 13* stiff
5W: Big Bertha 2004 15* firm
7W: Big Bertha 2004 21* firm3H: IHS 20* med firm4H: IHS 23* med firm5I-PW: IHS reg steelAW: Mercedes Catalyst Hybrid 52* SW: Mercedes Catalyst Hybrid 56*LW: Mercedes Catalyst Hybrid 60*LW: FX 64*

Note: This thread is 5315 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!