IGNORED

Non-Golf Hobbies

Travtex
Note: This thread is 5159 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My hobbies include yelling at other golfers about how much they suck, blowing air horns when golfers swing, I'm in high school so that takes up a lot of my time.....

I bike a lot (about 2-300 feet a day), I play guitar a little bit, and am currently writing a song (with no lyrics because I don't like to make people jealous)

I do a little photography here and there. Mostly with my phone. Because my camera is at home. Because I'm always golfing.

Otherwise I work from 3-6 at my home course, and the rest is anything with the gf. Who also golfs. And kicks my ass. And I hate it.

I should start bringing my air horn on our golf outings.......

......hmmm.......

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 9º
2 Hybrid: Callaway Big Bertha Heavenwood
Irons: Nike Slingshot OSS 6-3 iron
          Taylormade Tour Preferred PW-7 iron
Wedges: Cleveland CG14 50º, 54º
              Taylormade RAC 58º
Putter: Ping Darby 32" shaft

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My latest hobby has been shopping with my wife at Victoria's Secret.

That's a good hobby

apex53
In my bag:
Titleist 913D3 9.5
Titleist 913F 15

Titleist 913H 19, 913H21

Titleist 712CB 5-P Titleist Vokey 54, 58 Scotty Cameron Fastback Titleist ProV1x

I bike a lot (about 2-300 feet a day)

2-300 feet a day? Thats alot?

In my Xtreme Sport bag
'09 Burner 9.5*
F50 15* 3 Wood
Burner 18* 5 Wood
MX-19 4-GW SV Tour 54.12 & 58.08 White Hot 2-Ball SRT

2-300 feet a day? Thats alot?

Looks like we've just found our no-sense-of-humor member!

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 9º
2 Hybrid: Callaway Big Bertha Heavenwood
Irons: Nike Slingshot OSS 6-3 iron
          Taylormade Tour Preferred PW-7 iron
Wedges: Cleveland CG14 50º, 54º
              Taylormade RAC 58º
Putter: Ping Darby 32" shaft

My hobbies include yelling at other golfers about how much they suck, blowing air horns when golfers swing, I'm in high school so that takes up a lot of my time.....

This is awesome!

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

I collect interstate road signs. I have some 250 of them or so. Only the blue numbered shields with the state names on them. There are about 10 of us across the country that avidly collect these things. Many of the signs are very difficult to find these days, if not impossible, because states are replacing them with signs with no state name on them and larger numerals to accommodate the aging population that can't read the numbers from a far enough distance. The original signs are "retired" which usually means going to a scrap yard for destruction. On occasion, I will buy other interesting signs. My favorite sign?

I have a real "CAUTION" sign from the San Onofre checkpoint. Yes, the one with the illegals running across the freeway. They removed these signs and destroyed them because of continuous outrage from the Mexican community. I was fortunate enough to have a connection that had a connection so I could get one. It is possible I have one of the only remaining signs, which makes it quite valuable.

All of my signs were obtained legally by me. I buy them from people who make a business out of collectible license plates, and who dabble in signs.

I also collect vintage arcade games. Right now, most are in storage, but I have the following original arcade machines: Berzerk, Burgertime, Crossbow, Domino Man, Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Jr, Elevator Action, Food Fight, Galaga, Joust, Jr Pac Man, Jungle King, Mad Planets, Marble Madness, Popeye, Q Bert, Qix, Satan's Hollow, Super Punch Out, Time Pilot, Tutankham, and Wizard of Wor. I've had a Robotron and a Frogger, but sold them both recently. The Robotron was not a worthy piece for my collection.

These take up a ton of space. We will likely move back east where I'll be able to get a house with a full finished basement for a really cool man cave with games, a pool table, and maybe shuffleboard.

Finally, I'm into firearms. I don't collect firearms per se, but I have a bunch, and my hobby is more about serious training with the firearms, rather than just firing range pointing and shooting.

- DN
Sun Mountain C-130 Bag - Titanium
Ping G10 Irons PW-5
Ping G10 Driver
Ping G10 21 and 24 HybridsPing G15 17 HybridScotty Newport 2 Button BackTitleist Vokey Spin Milled 52 (8), 56 (14), and 60 (4)Titleist ProV1Backspin Buddy Groove Sharpener (yes, it works great)Adidas 360 Ltd.

1) Weight lifting (still going strong, pun intended)
2) Motorcycling (no more-sold)
3) Pool (only when I have company)
4) Slot car racing (collecting dust)

My Tools of Ignorance:

Driver: Ping I20 9.5*
Woods/Hybrids: Cobra AMP 3W and 3 HY

Irons: Cobra AMP 4-GW

Wedges: Callaway Forged Copper 56* and 60*

Putters: Scotty Cameron  35" (Several of the flow neck blade variety)

Ball: Bridgestone B330-RX and Srixon Z-Star

Bag: Nike Performance Carry

I collect interstate road signs. I have some 250 of them or so. Only the blue numbered shields with the state names on them. There are about 10 of us across the country that avidly collect these things. Many of the signs are very difficult to find these days, if not impossible, because states are replacing them with signs with no state name on them and larger numerals to accommodate the aging population that can't read the numbers from a far enough distance. The original signs are "retired" which usually means going to a scrap yard for destruction. On occasion, I will buy other interesting signs. My favorite sign?

sign collecting is a cool hobby. i have tons of old Gas & Oil signs that I've collected over the years and put them up around my garage (most of them are inside the garage due to the amount of $$$ they are worth). Lots of old Texaco, Auto Lite, Goodyear, Misc Battery manufacturers, etc.

We will likely move back east where I'll be able to get a house with a full finished basement for a really cool man cave with games, a pool table, and maybe shuffleboard.

This sounds awesome! I am also a transplanted East Coaster in Southern California for the time being, and I've been thinking more and more lately that I want to get back to the East Coast lifestyle. I have a long way to work until I get to this point, but one day decently soon I hope to have a decent sized yard to mess around in and a big enough man-cave to have friends over and shoot pool, etc etc...it just feels like there is not enough space to go around in Southern California to be able to really relax quite as much. Northern California could work, but I just think I fit in better on the East Coast, plus I have more family and friends.

Scott T

G5 9° V2 75 X / 909F2 15.5° V2 85 X / 909H 19° V2 100 X / MP-33 #3-PW X100 / X-Forged Chrome 54.15 60.10 X100 / FGP Black 34" / Penta TP

Handicap is a guess because I haven't established one yet.Best score so far is a 71 on a 6,509 yard 70.3/121 par 72 muni, during a glorious...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I can bind a non-responsive yo yo.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

primary hobbie is golf...aside from that i now coach two youth (one for each son) basketball teams and two baseball teams(1 local and 1 travel). I have a card game every Thursday night...I am not a big basketball guy but that and cards get me through the winter. Speaking of winter....is it spring yet????

Driver- Callaway Razor somthing or other
3W- Taylor Made R11S
3H Rocketballz
4I-PW- MP-59
Gap- Vokey 54

Lob- Cleveland 60

Putter- Rife

Skycaddie SG5  

• 3 weeks later...
My main intrest is golf but my first love led me to start my own business that is pretty much over now(still have a few long time customers to help) due to breaking my neck 3x and that was Go Kart racing/sales and service....My father and I ran our own parts shop and also took care of engine building and chassis set up and building. Right now we take young drivers and teach them the basics of karting and some driving lessons as well
If you always do what you've always done....You'll always be where you are right now..
Driver: C830.2 HOF Taiwan Proto
3 wood: Versus VS 1 Proforce V2
7 wood: DCT Fujikura Motore F1
3-pw: Nakashima NX-1 Project X 6.5 53*: ...

I am an avid outdoorsman and sports player. Aside from golf, I love to hunt and be in the woods. I enjoy shooting and playing all sports with friends and family. Weightlifting is another thing that I love to do and really benefits my golf game.
Nice Thread.

My arsenal

Bag- SQ Tour Stand Bag
Driver- Tour Burner 10.5* Stiff
3 Wood- SQ Dymo 15* Stiff5 Wood- SQ Dymo 19* StiffIrons (3-PW)- Tour Preferred StiffWedges- 56.11* and 60.07*Putter- Method 003 34 Inches

• 1 month later...
Scouting cuts into late summer/fall golf days, but I'm an elk hunter. They're as elusive as the golf swing...
What's in the bag...

Driver --- G15 9* Aldila Serrano
3 Wood - Sumo2 15* Aldila NV
5 Wood - Versus 19* Mitsubishi Bassara 83Irons ---- X-Forged 4 - PWWedges - Vokey S.M. 52.08, 56.08 & 60.08Putter --- Futura PhantomBall ------ Tour i(s)

My other range. When missing by a couple of inches at 200 yards is a bad shot!

Problem is the natives get restless when you hit up on them! LOL

In my SasQuatch carry bag.
909D2 9.5* (Aldila Voodo Shaft)
FT 3W 15* (Fujikura E370 Shaft Stiff Flex)
FT Hybrid 21* Nuetral (Fujikura Fit On M Hybrid Stiff Flex)
FT Hybrid 24* Nuetral (Fujikura Fit On M Hybrid Stiff Flex)Irons: X22 Tour 5 thru PW (True Temper Dynamic Gold S300) 2* upright (also...

Note: This thread is 5159 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!