IGNORED

Big Break Disney

Duffy
Note: This thread is 3693 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Enough with the "He should have hit the embedded lie." Watch it again, the ball was unplayable, period.

Whiners Blake and Perez need to go; Can't believe how awful Erdman has been...how can he seriously go back to "teaching golf" with that awful swing?

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Enough with the "He should have hit the embedded lie." Watch it again, the ball was unplayable, period.

He may be a very good teacher (I don't know) and have a good understanding of the game. Sometimes people know the golfswing and what should happen, but cannot actually make it happen themselves.er

those that can't do ... teach

What's In My Bag?
Driver : Diablo
3wood : Diablo
Hybrid : 3DX RC Ironwood #3 20*
Irons : j36 cb's Putter : Tour Platinum 7081Ball : TP Black LDPHome Course :Lonnie Poole Golf Course at NC State University 74.7/134Eagle Ridge Golf Club 73.0/131

Andrew is a overprivileged piece of you-know-what who needs to be knocked down a few pegs...but he is the best player there. That fairway bunker shot in the last episode was downright clutch. I think he's the least deserving guy on the show (mainly because he's the last person who needs the kind of incentives given to the winner), but he's looking like the favorite right now.

I like Vincent, but he had no business taking out the driver during that challenge. Just get the ball in the fairway, man!

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

I'm not going to 'hate' on someone because of the perceived 'privileges' they may have had, who their parents are or their financial situation. For all we know, we might not wish Andrew's childhood on our worst enemy. That said, would I root a bit harder for someone that is making money working in a diner, so he can afford to play golf (such as JR)? Yup.

As someone else mentioned, Andrew is far from perfect, but he's not on video making negative comments about others. He's out there making good shots and clutch shots. So, if it gets down to a big-mouth happy dude with game or two whiny boys (Blake and Mike Perez), I'm rooting for Andrew.

Driver: G10 9.5*
Fairway Woods: 3 & 5
Hybrid: 21*
Irons: I10 4 - 9
Wedges: 48* + Spin-Milled 54 & 60*Putter: Rossa FontanaBall: B330-RX

andrew is growing on me... the other guys need to worry about how sucky their play is and not how andrew is irritating them

exactly what ive noticed... i like andrew as a player because he's pretty good. But personally as a person, i dont really like his personality at all.. But for some reason, as good as andrew is, i have a feeling that he is going to just have that one bad day/episode and he is going to get knocked out, dono why, just have a feeling..

:cobra: Speed ld-f 10.5 Stiff
:snake_eyes: 3 & 5 Woods
:adams:A4 3 hybrid
:bridgestone: J33 Forged Irons 4-pw
:ping: 50th Aniv. Karsten Ansr Putter56*, 60* wedges

yeah i think its coming soon also...
altho of anyone besides the brothers... i woulda picked andrew as a partner just for the sheer fact that he seems to play alot better than the other guys that hate on him
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

Andrew is "growing" on some of you because the they toned him down a lot during the last episode. They were probably getting a lot of flack for his character. He's a pompous ass, but I will admit during the last episode he was pretty well composed. I dunno if it's because the producers told him to be, it was cleaned up in editing, or if he just straight decided to tone it down a bit, but I don't really care, he's definitely not the type of person I would become friends with IRL.

Grom stand bag
SQ 5900 - 9.5*
Burner 15* and 18*
MT 20* Hybrid
CG Gold 4-PW CG14 52.10 SM 56.14 IC 20-10a 34" Putter SDF balls (was on sale)

Andrew is "growing" on some of you because the they toned him down a lot during the last episode. They were probably getting a lot of flack for his character. He's a pompous ass, but I will admit during the last episode he was pretty well composed. I dunno if it's because the producers told him to be, it was cleaned up in editing, or if he just straight decided to tone it down a bit, but I don't really care, he's definitely not the type of person I would become friends with IRL.

So you think a TV show who is getting a bunch of letters about a character who they dislike is going to change them?? so what..the letters stop coming in and they stop watching? Since when did it become wrong to hate a TV character?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Although it was weak of Blake to say it out loud...He was correct that it's ridiculous how Erdman has been able to dodge bullets so far. There is nothing in his game that makes me think he's a competitive professional golfer. He seemed to be dreading being partnered up with Andrew, but Andrew absolutely carried him during that episode.
The point was made (I forget who said it) that Andrew must have been thrilled to send Erdman up to the green to get distance for him...of course he was!!! It was the only thing Erdman could do to help in the challenge!

In the bag:
Ping G5 Driver 9 degree, Ping G10 3-wood, Nike 3 hybrid, TaylorMade R9 Irons 4-AW, Cleveland CG15 56 and 60 degree wedges, Odyssey 2-ball blade putter

andrew is "growing" on me not cuz he's getting less irritating... if thats even possible...
but because he actually is clutch when he needs to be... where as a few of the others seem to be all talk an no action... "im better than this... im the best player out of all these guys... blah blah blah"
i say tony an vincent have the best game... gipper if he wasnt less than 100%...
then after that... andrew...
almost every episode blake has just outright sucked and he gets down on himself way too hard... i could see having an off day... but every ep?
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

So you think a TV show who is getting a bunch of letters about a character who they dislike is going to change them?? so what..the letters stop coming in and they stop watching?

It's a little bit more complicated than that. It's a culmination of panels, staff opinions, forums (who knows, maybe they even read this thread), youtube clip comments, etc. If they think that a character is getting on a lot of people's nerves to the point where there is a possibility of losing ratings, they will tone it down. As discussed earlier in this thread, it is a fine balance of what the viewers want to see, what the producers want to show, and what the sponsors want to show. You better believe the producers will do everything they can to maximize ratings.

Grom stand bag
SQ 5900 - 9.5*
Burner 15* and 18*
MT 20* Hybrid
CG Gold 4-PW CG14 52.10 SM 56.14 IC 20-10a 34" Putter SDF balls (was on sale)

Note: This thread is 3693 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!