IGNORED

Tiger throws driver into gallery in disgust....

mn723
Note: This thread is 5253 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

related : anyone just hear "GOD DAMMIT!!!!!" yelled by Michelle Wie on golf channel ...

haha didnt expect that one.

What's In My Bag?
Driver : Diablo
3wood : Diablo
Hybrid : 3DX RC Ironwood #3 20*
Irons : j36 cb's Putter : Tour Platinum 7081Ball : TP Black LDPHome Course :Lonnie Poole Golf Course at NC State University 74.7/134Eagle Ridge Golf Club 73.0/131

This is with class...

The one plane golf swing Tiger sucks at!!!!!

In my  Warbird Hot stand bag:
nike.gif Dymo2 Str8 fit 10.5 or  HiBore XLS 10.5,  Steelhead Plus 3 and 5 woods,

NP2 3H,  DCI 990 4-PW,  Forged + 54/12,  RAC 58/8,

Classic #1,  NXT Tour or  Burner TP

tbh i think more has been made out of this than necessary, he only threw it into the floor and it bounced funny, he didnt throw it towards the gallery.

THANK YOU. No, he didn't throw it into the gallery on purpose. And actually the fans were loving it. I would love it too to be honest. People throw clubs, it happens to all of us at some point, I'd like to believe, and it happens to the best of us at times. I feel this is another issue for the Tiger haters to jump on to be honest.

2004 State Drive, Chip and Putt Champion
2005 Northern Iowa Player Of The Year
2006 Iowa Girl's Golf 2A Individual State Champion
2007 Iowa Co-Ed Golf State Champion
2007 State Drive, Chip and Putt Champion2008 Iowa Girl's Golf 2A Individual State Champion2009 College Division Iowa Junior Tour...

THANK YOU. No, he didn't throw it into the gallery on purpose. And actually the fans were loving it. I would love it too to be honest. People throw clubs, it happens to all of us at some point, I'd like to believe, and it happens to the best of us at times. I feel this is another issue for the Tiger haters to jump on to be honest.

Many Albertans will remember a fellow at the Ponoka Golf and Country Club (199?) who got mad and slammed his driver into the ground. When it recoiled, it broke and pieced his jugular vein. His death was hi-freaking-larious!! A lot of people reevaluted their idiotic behaviour - for a while.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

People throw clubs, it happens to all of us at some point, I'd like to believe, and it happens to the best of us at times. I feel this is another issue for the Tiger haters to jump on to be honest.

Well, believe this....it doesn't happen to all of us. Not all of us have lost our cool when we hit a bad shot and endangered the well being of those around us. That's not hating, that's just truth.

Well, believe this....it doesn't happen to all of us. Not all of us have lost our cool when we hit a bad shot and endangered the well being of those around us. That's not hating, that's just truth.

Note I said I'd like to believe. Everyone gets mad. I still love Tiger for what he is majorly doing for this sport. He brought a sold out crowd back to the Australian Tour and the people who got his driver looked thrilled. "Oh my gosh his club!...oh wait now he's coming over!" Bizarre but yes that's the publicity. Overall, yes, I agree that he needs to tone down some things. This is the first time I've seen his club really get away from him but I've seen him more than once let some words out that shouldn't have. But over all, I know he's human and makes mistakes, oh don't we all.

Just a note I don't want to sound angry, I love different viewpoints! I just love Tiger for the goodwill he is doing for the game and for the positive and charitable uses of his Star power. I don't like him for the language and at times the actions on the course. I didn't find this one too bad because upon reviewing the video the fans were really happy to have him so close. I'm sure, though, that he was rather embarrassed. I don't know if he apologized or not to the crowd but he was saying something when he got his club back, God knows. I would have liked to see how far I could have gotten with his driver tho before security got to me.

2007 State Drive, Chip and Putt Champion2008 Iowa Girl's Golf 2A Individual State Champion2009 College Division Iowa Junior Tour...

Note I said I'd like to believe. Everyone gets mad. I still love Tiger for what he is majorly doing for this sport. He brought a sold out crowd back to the Australian Tour and the people who got his driver looked thrilled. "Oh my gosh his club!...oh wait now he's coming over!" Bizarre but yes that's the publicity. Overall, yes, I agree that he needs to tone down some things. This is the first time I've seen his club really get away from him but I've seen him more than once let some words out that shouldn't have. But over all, I know he's human and makes mistakes, oh don't we all.

Agreed, it's about different viewpoints. Mine is please don't make Tiger out to be Mr. Goodwill Ambassador for the game of golf. He's in Australia because he got a 3 million dollar appearance fee.

There are precious view people on the planet that get less media time than Tiger. So, he knows exactly how he looks when he does the left-handed swing after making a bad drive, the 'how can I suck that bad' pout with his ball ending up on the green or the club whacking/tossing. So he knows what he looks like and (at this point) doesn't care about changing it. Nor is the media that depends on him for their salaries going to take him on. Obviously, a guy that has the discipline to be able to stop his shot mid-swing has the discipline to stop this crap if he wanted to.

Driver: G10 9.5*
Fairway Woods: 3 & 5
Hybrid: 21*
Irons: I10 4 - 9
Wedges: 48* + Spin-Milled 54 & 60*Putter: Rossa FontanaBall: B330-RX

Agreed, it's about different viewpoints. Mine is please don't make Tiger out to be Mr. Goodwill Ambassador for the game of golf. He's in Australia because he got a 3 million dollar appearance fee.

I agree with you about the stopping mid-swing he should stop his actions as well. Glad we got this cleared up! I mean no ill-will.

None taken, it's just opinions being shared. Btw, Drake is a fine school, hope you are enjoying your time there. I used to go by the campus when I worked with a seed company (Syngenta) in Iowa and Minnesota.

Cheers and Happy Thanksgiving!

Driver: G10 9.5*
Fairway Woods: 3 & 5
Hybrid: 21*
Irons: I10 4 - 9
Wedges: 48* + Spin-Milled 54 & 60*Putter: Rossa FontanaBall: B330-RX

Although the PGA doesn't have enough balls to do it, I think Tiger needs to have some sort of fine/punishment for this kind of behaviour.

Actually he is one of the most fined people on Tour every year because of his cursing, club slamming, etc. Just because the Tour doesn't announce the fines doesn't mean they aren't fining him.

If they really want to get serious about it, however, they will start assessing penalty strokes during tournaments. That will straighten him up in a hurry because he's extremely competitive first and foremost.

Actually he is one of the most fined people on Tour every year because of his cursing, club slamming, etc. Just because the Tour doesn't announce the fines doesn't mean they aren't fining him.

If they are not announcing it, how do you know they are indeed fining him?

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

I had a couple of shots go not so well and puts lip out at the weekend. Must confess to a bit of cursing about it.
No kids, cameras or microphones about so I think I got away with it...

None taken, it's just opinions being shared. Btw, Drake is a fine school, hope you are enjoying your time there. I used to go by the campus when I worked with a seed company (Syngenta) in Iowa and Minnesota.

Hey thanks, sorry I got this a little late

Drake is a lot of fun! For it's location in Des Moines it has a really nice campus and the classes I'm taking are fun. Hope your Thanksgiving went well

Note: This thread is 5253 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!