Sign in to follow this  
jamo

My Swing (jamo)

210 posts / 18958 viewsLast Reply

But from all the videos I got today, when I managed to keep my foot down, everything looked much better.

Agree, I like the way that looks.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

One thing you guys mentioned when I was out there last year was that I was setting up with my hips and shoulders open. These are from a few days ago, I look a bit to far open here, right?

One thing you guys mentioned when I was out there last year was that I was setting up with my hips and shoulders open. These are from a few days ago, I look a bit to far open here, right?

Yeah, a bit. Mostly in your shoulders/torso. Hips are close to square. Knees seem fine. Tough to say given the dark clothing but I wouldn't expect to see your left arm under your right.

Just let your right arm (elbow) soften a little. That'll help close up the shoulders a bit. And it helps with some backswing stuff too, typically. So your last setup thought could be "soften and close" as kind of a one-step thing.

Yeah, a bit. Mostly in your shoulders/torso. Hips are close to square. Knees seem fine. Tough to say given the dark clothing but I wouldn't expect to see your left arm under your right. Just let your right arm (elbow) soften a little. That'll help close up the shoulders a bit. And it helps with some backswing stuff too, typically. So your last setup thought could be "soften and close" as kind of a one-step thing.

Great, sounds good. Thanks.

Shot an 81 at Maplegate Country Club. Driving was good (only missed 2 fairways), putting was solid (drained a 30-footer on 9 to save par), short game was awful (no surprise since I haven't practiced it in 8 months).

I missed most greens long, despite using a laser, so I probably need to adjust my club yardages. I was making great contact.

Your swing is a lot better now. :)

Been stretching out the drill work, to the point where I can take pretty much a full backswing and still look pretty solid into impact. [VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2c2jbIAlr8[/VIDEO]

Been stretching out the drill work, to the point where I can take pretty much a full backswing and still look pretty solid into impact.

Nice.... :beer:

MOAR gooder!!

[quote name="Hammer 4" url="/t/31052/my-swing-jamo/150_30#post_987769"] Nice....:beer: [/quote] Thanks guys! This one's from today. Little bit better still. [VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rST03Gp1Mjc[/VIDEO]

How does it look in a full motion?

Not sure. I'll have to take some full speed video next time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by iacas

How does it look in a full motion?

It looks like my full motion swing....about as long anyway, definitely better though.

Nice A6. Look how bent back that right wrist is. Lots of power to unload. But because I'm a New Yorker, fair weather fan that I am, I have to deduct points for that Red Sox cap. :-)

I mean without stopping the follow-through. Not full speed video.

I mean without stopping the follow-through. Not full speed video.

Ah, right, I see where I read that wrong. Same answer though, I'll have to get take some video of that next time.

Here's one from the other day: [VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8Tz4lZ9yL4[/VIDEO]