IGNORED

Is it okay to do the Happy Gilmore?

Note: This thread is 5258 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

ahh thats just what we need...all the kids in the world ruining the game nowadays...which is why i teach the kids at the jr clinic to respect the game.

You really need to lighten up buddy. No one is here talking about disrespecting the game, were not talking about anyone tearing up the course, being loud or disrespectful in any way someone taking a step or two before their swing is not going to bother anyone if he was screaming YEEEE HAYYY while he was doing it then I would understand but he's not so take it easy.

IN MY BAG
Driver - Tour Burner 10.5*
3 Wood - SZ 15*
Irons - R9 4-AW kbs shafts, 19* Burner Rescue
Wedges - 2007 Tom Watson Lob 60* CG-15 56* Putter - White Hot XG #9Ball - Pro v119th Hole weapon of choiceBudLight:

OK, a Happy Gilmore swing with the Jack Hamm "POOOOOWWWWWWW" after impact!!

While using the Hammer driver!

Man I can see it now! HAHAHA

Jim

In my Ogio Blade Stand Bag:

TaylorMade Burner 10.5*

Adams Insight BUL 15*
Taylormade RBZ 3H

TaylorMade RBZ 4-AW

Vokey SM4 54-11

Cleveland CG14 58 2 dot wedge

Ping Karsten Series Craz-E putter

Top Flite Gamer

I tried it on the course once. 18th tee actually. Had one of the old Taylor Made Bubbles from when they came out. I made great contact with the ball. Crushed it.

Only problem was that I made great contact with the ball and hosel of the driver where it meets the head. Crushed that part of the driver. Another swing sent the head of the driver down the fairway. Last time I will try that with a club I like.

Is it okay to use the Happy Gilmore drive in regular play?

No it is definitely not ok. But I am still praying you post a video of your swing. This thread could be epic if you post video of yourself doing the Happy Gilmore at local courses (with Ranger reactions of course).

Callaway Big Bertha 460
Callaway X 3-wood 15*
Adams Idea Tech hybrid 19*
Titleist DCI 981 irons
Ping iwedge 56*, 52*Carbite Putter

I must be dense or I'm seriously missing something here......

How does hitting a "happy gilmore" ruin golf and disrespect the game?

As long as you don't do the following I can't see an issue with it.

Damage the course
Put others in unresonable danger
or make loud noises so as to disturb others

If you aren't supposed to do it then it would be in the rules! Think about it... If I wanted to putt the ball with my club like a pool cue I can't as its against the rules. I haven't read anywhere that this shot type is illegal...

You only have to look at past and present PGA players to know there are hundreds of ways to swing a club.... Hell Jim F's swing makes my eyes hurt and he won the last week!

Don't get me wrong... Do I think its a good idea? No Would I do it? No

Am I going to tell you not to do it? Hell no... Well maybe if you start whinging about spraying it all over the park but other wise...

So how exactly does doing a happy gilmore ruin and disrespect golf again?

"Let the bears pay the bear tax I pay the Homer tax!"

I must be dense or I'm seriously missing something here......

yeah i totally agree with what you said...

ppl arent looking down on baseball swingers or S&T;'ers or the many orthodox/unorthodox types of swings... i might need to video tape "pops"... this old guy at our course... he has got the most horrendous swing and gets brutally ridiculed about it... its not a running happy gilmore... more of a followthru happy gilmore... he hits them straight and for his age... pretty far... he's not hurting anyone and not messing with anyone elses game... i dont see any harm in it
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

If you are going to use a Happy Gilmore drive, you should add a hockey stick putter to your bag.

Driver: Burner 10.5 deg
5W: R7 18 deg
3H: Idea Tech
4-PW: MP-57
GW: Vokey 52 degSW: 56 degLW: 60 degPutter: Black Series 1 34"Ball: Pro V1

That damn Happy. He made himself look like a damn fool, then he went and got me killed.

Bag: Lightweight Stand Bag
Driver: G15 9º
Fairway: 909F2 15º
Hybrid: 909H 19º
Irons:  AP2 710Wedges: CG10 56º, Vokey SM 52º, 60ºPutter: Karsten Anser 34"

Aww come on guys. Lighten up.

That damn Happy. He made himself look like a damn fool, then he went and got me killed.

HAHAHA

Seriously LOLing over here.

Grom stand bag
SQ 5900 - 9.5*
Burner 15* and 18*
MT 20* Hybrid
CG Gold 4-PW CG14 52.10 SM 56.14 IC 20-10a 34" Putter SDF balls (was on sale)

Note: This thread is 5258 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!