IGNORED

Tiger...not the first golfer with problems...give it a break..

juanrjackson
Note: This thread is 5232 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

comparing someone cheating once vs someone cheating again and again, on the surface, is a no brainer. but understand that for some, cheating once, not discovered, opens the floodgate. if you ever drove over 80 mph on the interstate for whatever reason, you may do it again for whatever reason. justification is easy to come by,,,say, to keep up with the flow of the traffic i'd hate to compare tiger with serial killers where some confess that after the first killing, everything after actually becomes easier. to maintain the high, one needs to keep going... addicted to kill, addicted to lust,,,

also understand this. tiger is super secret and private, but that does not necessarily equate to being super squeaky clean. we know what we know and don't know what we don't know. clearly, he has had more demons to deal with than many of us.

the media hype can build you up as fast as it can bring you down.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Other golfer & their "transgressions".

There is a big difference- if you mention any of those names to non-golfers, nobody knows but even my 5 year old knows Tiger. As I was watching Chevron tournament today, my 5 year old mistook Jim Furyk as Tiger for his red/black outfit. When I said Tiger is not there, she asked me why. I had to pause for a moment before I said anything.

An average Joe holes in one, it's a news among his friends and families. If Tiger does it, millions of people talk about it. If the same average Joe cheats on his wife, the shame is within his families and friends. But if Tiger does it, it's from whole wide world. The media is just a tool. It will get used for both the good and bad news. His fame and fortune does not only come from his inhuman ball striking ability. It's thanks to his impeccable image as a son, husband, dad, philanthropist, role model for children. People are definitely hurt in that regard.

"During our weekly Lamaze class, the instructor emphasized the importance of exercise, hinting strongly that husbands need to get out and start walking with their wives. From the back of the room one expectant father inquired, "Would it be okay if she carries a bag of golf clubs while she walks?"

The bimbo count is now at 6, and rumors of two more.

PrairieParson
From Lubbock, Texas: the Heart of Flyover Country.
Ping G-15 Driver 12 deg.
Mizuno MP-33 Irons
Ball: White, mostly round and lots of dimplesScores this year: 78

Look, Faldo was handing out the Green Pu$$y Magnet Jacket. Faldo said "Welcome to the club" after that presentation

Nike SQ 9.5 w/ ProLaunch Red
Titliest 906F2 15
Miura 202 3-5 Irons
Miura Blade 6-PW Irons
Mizuno MP 51 & 56Yes! Tracy IINike One Black

Look, Faldo was handing out the Green Pu$$y Magnet Jacket. Faldo said "Welcome to the club" after that presentation

They both seem to have s--t eating gins on their faces!

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

I admire Tiger for his play on the course. He is in no way my role model as to how to treat my significant other. There was no indication that he ever should be either.

Drop it. This in no way affects the way he hits a 9 iron, so I don't care.

I admire Tiger for his play on the course. He is in no way my role model as to how to treat my significant other. There was no indication that he ever should be either.

ok. since you say drop it, we will. did you hear

Hotsauce TMZ? DROP IT!

Bimbo count up to 10 this morning.

My guess is that this will certainly affect his golf game, at least for awhile. It may be a while before you see him in a tourament. There are a bunch of people that consider him a lying, immoral cheating piece of scum. These people will reject him. Rejection can really do a number on people's ego and their confidence. That will affect his game.

I am always amazed that people read a news article and put the comments section that there are more important things and its none of our business. If that is the case, why are they reading the article and taking the time to put in a comment.

I also wonder why one commentator in a forum thinks it is their job to tell all the others which topics should be discussed.

PrairieParson
From Lubbock, Texas: the Heart of Flyover Country.
Ping G-15 Driver 12 deg.
Mizuno MP-33 Irons
Ball: White, mostly round and lots of dimplesScores this year: 78

OK I am done talking about this since you said so. Thanks for the advice!!!

Nike SQ 9.5 w/ ProLaunch Red
Titliest 906F2 15
Miura 202 3-5 Irons
Miura Blade 6-PW Irons
Mizuno MP 51 & 56Yes! Tracy IINike One Black

I'm seriously tired of hearing about this at every turn. When I coached basketball, many kids thought MJ was the man to emulate. I was always cautioning them that it was one thing to emulate what he did on the court, it was another to emulate he did off of it. Of course as years go by we see how much of a jerk MJ has been so.....It's a shame now that Tiger has fallen so low. His game is unreal but his personality and his morals are reprehensible. It's a shame. Why are so many "ultra-competitive" people such jerks and think they are above any laws or moral codes?

I’m not a big fan of the “being human” defense as a way to excuse one’s behavior.

why isn't being human a valid defense in an act such as this. as males, we are genetically predisposed to ''spread our seed,'' if you will. we may put on clothes, but we're animals nonetheless.

imho, asking if we are rational creatures is a pointless, empty question. that's like asking if someone is a good person. of course one's mother will always think he's a good person, and individuals will always contend they are rational being. but in the end, we're neither always good nor always rational, assuming that word can even be quantified into something measurable by which to judge an action. but it's like you said, we are human. and so we are.

After more than a week of reading hundreds of comments on the Tiger situation, I must say this is the most accurate and to the point one that I have personally seen.

+1 I do like the reference to kant's Morality

Forget your opponents; always play against par. ~Sam Snead

Sumo2 5900 9.5, ProForce V2 stiff
Diablo 3w
Baffler TWS 3h MP57 4-pw VR wedge 52.10, 56.14 TPz 60.06 Studio Style Newport 2 SG5ProV1x

You cannot rationalize this situation, it is what it is, and I for one was saddened (but not surprised) by the realization this young man I respected so much, would do this. We still have Jack Nicklaus as a role model of Character and Integrity.

Alpha V5 9.0 XStiff
Cleveland Hi-Bore 13* Stiff
Cleveland Hi-Bore 19* Hybrid Stiff
Cleveland CG Red Irons 4-PW Stiff
Merit Golf 52* StiffCleveland 900 series 56* & 60* RegScotty Cameron Laguna Mid-Slant"I hit 2 good balls today, I stepped on a rake."

You cannot rationalize this situation, it is what it is, and I for one was saddened (but not surprised) by the realization this young man I respected so much, would do this. We still have Jack Nicklaus as a role model of Character and Integrity.

How can you choose to idolize ANY athlete, when you have no visibility into their personal life? You have no idea what Jack has been up to, because for one thing, back in his time the media turned a blind eye to athlete affairs.

HiBore 10.5 driver
GT-500 3- and 5-woods
Bazooka JMax 4 Iron Wood
Big Bertha 2008 irons (4 and 5 i-brids, 6i-9i,PW)
Tom Watson 56 SW Two-Ball putter

Other golfer & their "transgressions".

Except Phil is not sending out pictures of him holding his kids while getting his face licked by his dog...you know, projecting this image as a wholesome, virtous family man. None of those guys made $110 million per year based on that very image while running a con.

This is why people are upset. Not that he cheated but rather that he's been doing it while signing endorsement deals, like Accenture, these preach family and morality...something TW obviously has no idea about.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

why isn't being human a valid defense in an act such as this. as males, we are genetically predisposed to ''spread our seed,'' if you will. we may put on clothes, but we're animals nonetheless.

Really? So we're animals? So, it's okay then to steal? It's okay to attack someone who is defenseless? It's okay then to roam in a pack and take over someone else's property? Animals do all these things. Should we then be allowed to do this, too? You should take a class on the Rational Animal. Asking if someone is rational is far from pointless as it involves things such as soundness, validity, logic and coming to strong conclusions. Unless, of course, you really believe that expecting a 34 year old, father of two, who makes his fortune by creating an image that is entirely false, to act like an adult and honor his marriage is irrational. If Tiger wanted the liberty of running around, he should have pulled a Derek Jeter: stay single, enjoy his freedom and privacy and live worry free. He can't do that since he chose a different road.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

How can you choose to idolize ANY athlete, when you have no visibility into their personal life? You have no idea what Jack has been up to, because for one thing, back in his time the media turned a blind eye to athlete affairs.

I said respected not idolized, big difference. I had many conversations with many people including a personal friend who is in the golf hall of fame that shared this respect for Tiger, for the very values we thought he had. Many of us that were on the road for long periods have crossed the line, but having multiple long term relationships, NO, thats downright stupidity. STD's running rampant in the population, it's like playing russian roulette, you go home and you might as well put a gun to your partners head, spin the cylinder, and pull the trigger. Some STD's KILL. Duh!! Secondly, if Jack ever did anything (which I doubt) he was smart enough to keep it secret.

Alpha V5 9.0 XStiff
Cleveland Hi-Bore 13* Stiff
Cleveland Hi-Bore 19* Hybrid Stiff
Cleveland CG Red Irons 4-PW Stiff
Merit Golf 52* StiffCleveland 900 series 56* & 60* RegScotty Cameron Laguna Mid-Slant"I hit 2 good balls today, I stepped on a rake."

Note: This thread is 5232 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!