IGNORED

What did you get?

leezer99
Note:Β This thread is 5228 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

Hey how are those new Taylormade Penta balls? Have you gotten a chance to play them yet? Thinking about buying a dozen.

The real deal, IMO :) Very spinny. Have had a box for 2 weeks now, and finally got to try them yesterday. Well worth trying.

Β 
Follow me on Twitter - TST_Justin
Β - Β - Β -Β 
Β 
This Week's Bag Drop - Miura Passing Point 9003 Forged Irons and Adams Idea Pro a12 Irons and HybridsΒ Β - Sweet new forged cavity backs from Miura (do they make any irons that arent simply beautiful?) and irons/hybrids from Adams created with...

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got 3 dozen pro v1 practice, an adidas golf shirt (pretty nice, 100% polyster blue I love adidas golf shirts), Dave Pelz damage control book, Stack and tilt book,, and Ping golf pants . I actually bought all of those things myself. I buy my own gifts so I get what I want. My wife got me a cashmoire sweater. I'd never spend that on a sweater but I can't take it back.

Brian

I got 3 dozen pro v1 practice, an adidas golf shirt (pretty nice, 100% polyster blue I love adidas golf shirts), Dave Pelz damage control book, Stack and tilt book,, and Ping golf pants . I actually bought all of those things myself. I buy my own gifts so I get what I want. My wife got me a cashmoire sweater. I'd never spend that on a sweater but I can't take it back.

Read any of the Pelz book yet? I have raed through some of teh "Short Game Bible" and was wandering about your title. If it was a good read, I was going to see about getting a copy.

Updated 2/7/10 - In my Revolver Pro bag:
Driver: G-10 10.5* TFC 129 Stiff flex 3-W: G-10 TFC129 Stiff flex
#2h(17*) Stiff Flex #3(21*) & #4(24*): Hybrid G-10 TFC129 Stiff flex
5-PW: MP32 (DG300)S flex Wedges 52-8, 56-14, and 60-04 Bobby Jones Wedges
Putter: Rossa Monte Carlo 35"Grips:...

Hey how are those new Taylormade Penta balls? Have you gotten a chance to play them yet? Thinking about buying a dozen.

Ive only played a quick 9 holes with them. Boy they are soft like butter!!

9.5* Burner TP
15.0* 3-wood
18.0* 2-hybrid
3-pw DCI gold
54.0* sandwedge 60.0* lob wedge 34" rossa daytona putter penta extreme golf bag and glove

If you don't mind telling where did you find the Penta"s? All the web places keep saying not till 2/01/10

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

I have looked through it just a bit. I am in the middle of the stack and tilt book so I haven't started reading it. It seems great for me. I have "those" holes and if I didn't I would be so much better (made an 8 in my club championship last year ugghhh)

Brian

If you don't mind telling where did you find the Penta"s? All the web places keep saying not till 2/01/10

I havent seen them online anywhere yet but I've seen them at proshops all over the place for the past few weeks...I'd try your local course or golf store

What's in my TaylorMade stand bag:
taylormade.gifSuperfast TP 10.5Β° Matrix HD6 graphite stiff shaft
nike.gifSasQuatch 2 Steel #3 Wood: 15Β° Diamana SasQuatch Graphite
cobra.gifBaffler DWS Hybrid Utility Woods: 3/R 20Β°
cobra.gifS2 Forged irons 4-PW stiff flex steel shaftcleveland.gifCG15 satin chrome 48Β° gap wedge 8 bouncemizuno.gifMP T Series chrome 53Β° sand...cleveland.gifnike.gifbridgestone.giftaylormade.gif

Well- Got a card from my wife that had a picture of new irons and it read go get fit and get what you want.

Just got fitted and going with the AP2s with a Project x 5.5, 1 degree upright standard length, red golf pride multi compound grip. They don't ship until 1-15 or so and I will be bouncing off the walls. Can't wait.

In the bag-

Driver-Β Ping Anser 9.5Β Β Diamana Ahina
3 Wood-RBZ tour 15
Hybrid-RBZ tour 4Β Irons-Β  Ping I20s 4-GW with soft stepped X100sWedges 58 and 54 SM4s with soft stepped X100s Putter-Β Ping TR Senita

only got $45 in GC to Golf town
I pretty much bought my dream set this past summer, so I didnt really need anything

spoiled my family....er...me....w a new 50" Plasma, home theater and blu ray player though ;) AFTER Christmas...heheheh
funny thing was - I was only lookng for a blu ray - my buddy is a good salesman!! hahaha!
i used to work at the store way back in the day and still get cost on everything, so it was actually a pretty good deal
"My swing is homemade - but I have perfect flaws!" - Me

A week before Christmas my irons arrived. I have been playing Titleist AP1's for ta season and my game has improved so I treated myself to some "new" 2008 AP2 with Rifle 5.0. They look like they have never been hit and cost €390 and I sold my old AP1's for €270 so €120 to trade up I think was a great deal. My golfing Christmas present from my wife is a full Titleist TPI Screening and follow up lessons. I go for my first screening on Friday and can't wait!

S83 Mid-size Tour bag
910D2 9.5ΒΊ Aldila RIP Stiff C.3 setting
909F2 15.5ΒΊ Diamana Stiff
909F3 18ΒΊ Aldila VooDoo Stiff
909h 19ΒΊ Diamana StiffAP2 4 ironΒ  CB 710 5-PW KBS Tour stiff50ΒΊ(bent to 52ΒΊ) 56ΒΊ54 60ΒΊStudio select Newport 2 Pro V1

Christmas present to myself off ebay. Odyssey Black Series i 9 heel shafted putter. Played one round with it, not too shabby, gonna need some more time though.

Driver: Taylormade Burner TP (2007 model)
Fairway Wood: Callaway Steelhead III 4+
Hybrid: Sonartec MD 19
Irons: Mizuno MP 33sΒ  4-PW
Wedges: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled wedges: 60, 56, 52Putter: Odyssey DFX 9900

I sent off an old Scotty Cameron TeI3 Newport putter to the SC Custom Shop. I bought it back when I was a kid, saving up all my money one summer because I just had to have it after seeing it at the golf shop. Iused it while I in high school, and it's been sitting in my parent's garage ever since. I pulled it out over Thanksgiving this year and saw that years sitting in the garage (plus my non-so-nice treatment) had taken it's toll. I decided to send it off to be re-done. I set it all up, sent it off, and then told my wife that's what she was getting me for Christmas :) .

I also got a bunch of cold-weather golf clothes (pull-overs, jacket, rain pants).

Well I got a new Nike Xtreme Carry lite II stand bag, Cleveland HiBore XLS 9.5* driver, Nike DyMo 4 wood. Then with the extra Christmas Money I bought I picked up a Yes Tiffany putter, and a Nickent 3dx Hybrid. All in all, it was a great Christmas for golf. Oh and almost forgot, my parents got me some Titleist Pro V1 golf balls with my name on the side also for use in the High School tournaments this coming year.

In my NikeΒ Xtreme Carry Lite II Bag:

Driver: ClevelandΒ Hibore XLS 9.5
Fairway Wood:Nike DyMo2 4 wood
Hybrid:Nickent 3dx DC ironwood 3hIrons: Taylormade Burner Plus 4-AWPutter: Yes! TiffanyShoes: Footjoy Greenjoys

My local GolfMart has them...but GolfSmith says not until Feb...guess I got lucky!!

9.5* Burner TP
15.0* 3-wood
18.0* 2-hybrid
3-pw DCI gold
54.0* sandwedge 60.0* lob wedge 34" rossa daytona putter penta extreme golf bag and glove

Santa brought me a Bushnell Pro 1600 Tournament Edition laser rangefinder, and Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2 for xbox360 I must have been good this year!

Callaway X-18 Irons | TaylorMade R5 Driver, 200 Steel 3 Wood | Cleveland Golf CG-14 Gap & Sand Wedge | TitleistΒ Vokey Lob Wedge | OdysseyΒ White Hot Putter |Β TitleistΒ ProV1 Ball | Bushnell Pro 1600 Tournament Edition Laser Rangefinder

santa didn't bring me what i wanted so i bought myself some some new grips. went to take off the old ones today and almost cut my thumb down to the bone with a hook razor. blood was EVERYWHERE i did not know you could lose so much blood from a finger/thumb. hook razors are painful ouch. the worst part is it sliced all the way under my fingernail and cut way deeper than a hook razor should.

santa didn't bring me what i wanted so i bought myself some some new grips. went to take off the old ones today and almost cut my thumb down to the bone with a hook razor. blood was EVERYWHERE i did not know you could lose so much blood from a finger/thumb. hook razors are painful ouch. the worst part is it sliced all the way under my fingernail and cut way deeper than a hook razor should.

Funny, I cut up my left index finger pretty bad yesterday as well. It was with a serrated bread knife while slicing bread for a sandwich. Luckly it's on a place where it (hopefully) shouldn't affect my golf grip. Maybe I'm just crazy but the first thing that went through my mind was, "I wonder how long it'll take to heal before I can grip a golf club."

Note:Β This thread is 5228 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!