IGNORED

Rickie Fowler

kpaulhus
Note: This thread is 5107 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I know I would :) BTW.....I hate Crosby more lol

hate Crosby!! haha!

someone bitter because WE WON Gold!! hahah! Crosby is amazing - nuff said Fowler - can't even be compared to Crosby (in their respective sports) kid's good...not that good but yes, now that his card is good for 2011 and he has some bank - he should start taking more chances almost a mil banked since his debut in Sept. of 09 is pretty good (gotta make those sponsors happy)
"My swing is homemade - but I have perfect flaws!" - Me

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, man, I should've realized that I'm the only one who uses "gagger-vance" as a verb. It means "to choke," punning on the golf movie "The Legend of Bagger Vance." My error.

LOL. My bad for not having seen "The Legend of ........", I'll rent it a.s.a.p. Anyway I figured the reference was choke-related.

Yes, Agassi is a fine one. So is Ivan Lendl. He went from being one of the biggest chokers in the history of tennis IMO (and thus the most frustrating to watch), to one of the toughest 5-set comeback merchants that I can recall. He ran everything down and wore everyone out toward the end of his career. Maybe it was the Africa Corps headgear or something ...... IMO though we aren't talking about choking here, we're talking about a carefully made decision - one that RF seems to feel comfortable with (but then again, what's he gonna say? ...). Benefit of the doubt, I says. They guy's "laughing all the way to the bank" - bravo to him!

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

He seems to re-route his swing to the inside before his downswing, so it's not exactly textbook, but he gets great results.

seems like he just has a really early wrist hinge that puts the clubhead way outside then by midway he seems to be normal...back in the day that was Johnny Miller's swing. as time goes on will be interesting to see some of the geeks breakdown his swing.

hate Crosby!! haha!

Don't take it personally. A lot of Canadians Sid haters were euphoric that Sid scored for Canada, but as of Tuesday they've already gone back to calling him Cindy. Most people have downed the Sidney kool aid (sorry - Gatorade) by now - many others have not.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Im a Redwings fan so......

Anyways, back to Fowler. Do you guys think he will win more than once this year?

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Anyways, back to Fowler. Do you guys think he will win more than once this year?

Absolutey

WITB:

• Driver: Titleist TSR3 8.0 A3, Badazz 60g S
  • Hybrid: Cobra Baffler 17*
  • Irons: T200 P-4
  • Wedges: Callaway X Forged 48*,56*,60*
  • Putter: Ping Anser Milled 

.......if you look at all the 21 year olds who've played PGA tour events in the last, say, thirty years.......no doubt Rickie Fowler is flat spectacular thus far.......

so regarding the layup at the par five.......

#1:if there's a bellcurve for the above described category, this guy is way up in the high ninety percentiles.......and thus,#2 : "he's paying the cost to be the boss" (i.e., if you consistently do this well your first ten times out, "YOU'RE the guy who knows when to layup" vis a vis "your own golf game").......

I don't see why people are giving him crap for the layup . Really... He obviously is a smart kid and was more comfortable with laying up. I would do what I would be more comfortable with too in that situation rather than try to force a win/lose situation. People should be commending his decision. If he had not layed up and say landed in the water everyone would be asking why he didnt lay up. He is a great golfer and we will definatly be seeing this kid alot. I am predicting 2 wins this season from Fowler.

R7 CGB Max Driver 10.5*
Big Bertha Diablo FW 18*
Burner Plus Irons 4-PW, SW
X Tour Forged 50*
60* VP109 Putter

He needs to find some consistency. One week he is finishing in the top 5 and then he follows by missing the cut.
I really like watching Fowler he brings a new fresh feel to the game.

Here's what's in my ogio.gif Grom...

wishon.gifDriver: 919 THI 460cc 9°
wishon.gifWoods: 915 F/H 16° and 21°
wishon.gifIrons: 752 TC 5-9, PW, AW, SWtaylormade.gifPutter: Rossa - Suzukatitleist.gifNXT Tour

I hit a 56˚ wedge to three feet yesterday - instantly called a "Rickie Fowler wedge" by my playing partner... NOOOOO!!!!!

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

I can see him winning this year, but not until the Fall Series. I just don't see him winning before the playoffs. Maybe a runner up one more time, but no win. I think he's a great golfer, its good for the tour. He's got to do something with his mop-top hair and large puma logos everywhere, they're both kinda annoying. Gilschk!
Whats In My Hoofer Bag

R9 460 9.5 degrees
909 F2 15.5 degrees
909H 19 degrees AP2 4-PW (Rifle Project X 5.5) Spin Milled 52, 56 & 60 Degrees Studio Select Squareback 2 Pro V-1 Favorite golfer: Zach Johnson

Does Fowler move over to Cobra now that it has been purchased by Puma?

depends......how big of cheque is Cobra/Puma going to write??? ;)

I could see it OR...is Camillo going to wear Puma now, over J.Lindberg? we may see some sponsor changes in the near future.......
"My swing is homemade - but I have perfect flaws!" - Me

Just proves you dont have to swing it perfect to be good. Luke Goddard (2009 GB&I; Walker Cup Player) is a member at my club, so therefore I have played and practised with him. His swing is undoubtably technically more sound that Rickie's, however shows this does not count for all that much!

8.5º D2 (Grafalloy Pro Launch Red Stiff)
13.5º 906F2 (UST Proforce V2 65 Stiff)
X12 Pro 2-iron (S300)
MP32 4-PW (S300)
52º Spin Milled (8º Bounce), 58º Spin Milled (12º Bounce) Karsten B60 Tour V2 Pro V1x Pure Touch

Rickie Fowler......Very nice young player. Always stopped and signed autographs on the way to the practice tee at the Transitions. Waved to the fans on the way from green to tee boxes.
Awesome player also. Followed him for a few holes, including his double bogey on the 1st yesterday.

I see him winning a good amount of tournaments.

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

• 1 month later...
Rickie drove the ball 340 today.They made a comment about Phil blasting the ball but then said "Fowler with his tiny frame blasted one 340!"

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

Rickie drove the ball 340 today.They made a comment about Phil blasting the ball but then said "Fowler with his tiny frame blasted one 340!"

it was 360

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

Note: This thread is 5107 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!