IGNORED

what do you do golfwise during winter months

prutkows
Note: This thread is 6454 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

so this coming fall/winter/spring will be the first time i'll be away from hawaii for more than a vacation. generally hawaii is a place that you can play golf 365 days a year. i was just wondering what those of you who are experienced with a golf offseason do when you cant get to the range or on the couse.
im not sure how my swing or overall play will react to the break but im hoping maybe you all have some suggestions to stay in golf shape.

905R 9.5* Fujikura Speeder
200 steel 3 wood
200 steel 5 wood
690.CB 3-PW
56* 14 Pro Platinum Newport 2 Pro V1 B330-S

so this coming fall/winter/spring will be the first time i'll be away from hawaii for more than a vacation. generally hawaii is a place that you can play golf 365 days a year. i was just wondering what those of you who are experienced with a golf offseason do when you cant get to the range or on the couse.

I can't really help. Where I live, we play year-round except for a few days where the greens are frozen or under a light snow. Otherwise, we just bundle up and keep on playing.

Roy McEvoy is my hero.

In My bag
TM Burner 9.5 S Flex

Wilson Invex Strong 3 and 5 wood

Maxfli Revolution 3-PW Irons

Cleveland 54/60 wedges

Odessey XG #7 Putter

Make sure I stay friendly with the folks back in Hawaii so you can return often. I actually try to up my stretching and swing a weighted club before my patio doors, makes a nice mirror after dark, to try and ingrain any changes I want to start the next season with.

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

I can't really help. Where I live, we play year-round except for a few days where the greens are frozen or under a light snow. Otherwise, we just bundle up and keep on playing.

i see, thanks anyway :D

Make sure I stay friendly with the folks back in Hawaii so you can return often.

a weighted club? something like those momentus clubs? i was definitely going to work on my flexibility and speed.

905R 9.5* Fujikura Speeder
200 steel 3 wood
200 steel 5 wood
690.CB 3-PW
56* 14 Pro Platinum Newport 2 Pro V1 B330-S

I will be working in the Pro Shop and playing when the weather permits!

Golf is not a game, it's a way of life!

Driver...Cubic Balance offset
Fairway wood......Flying Saucer
3-Wood....Cleveland LauncherIrons.......Callaway Great Big Bertha w/graphite shaftswedges....Cleveland sand wedge, Callaway Lob wedge putter....Claveland VAS.

We play all year round here. It's winter at the moment and today it was 21*C (70*F) which is a bit warmer than it has been lately, a typical winters day where I live is about 16*C (61*).

I play hockey in the off season

Hard to golf when everything is frozen.

Actually, this will be the first year that I am going to try to do some golf related workouts in the winter, I am really eager to improve this year and I want to start taking my golf game more seriously. I am quitting a couple of other activities to focus on golf and I am hoping it pays off with some improvements. I plan on watching the Golf Channel a lot, and I am looking at purchasing a practice net that I can move into my garage in the winter...

What's in the Bag

Driver: HiBore 10.5* ProLaunch Blue 65s
Hybrid: No Fear 3i
Irons: Launcher LP 4-PW Harmonized 50* GWAmerican Standard 56* SWStriker by Golf Trends 60* LobPutter: Pro Response bladeBall: Tour Fire

Living in the Mid-Atlantic, I get the full four seasons here. For the winter, I pretty much just accept that I'm not going to get any quality "full swing" time on the range or course. I definitely pick my spots though -- occasionally there's a 50 degree day in January and I get out to the course.

Otherwise, I try to keep my putting stroke going in my basement. Come Spring, it only usually takes me a few outings (range/course) to get everything back in order.

(Oh, and I play a LOT of Tiger Woods '06 on the PS2...)

"I played like shit." -Greg Norman after the '96 Masters.

if it cold dress warmer.. works for me..

theres a saying in german "there is no such thing as bad weather, just bad clothing" I have to admit that it sounds better in german..

Driver: Taylor Made R7 425 9.5° TP Stiff
Fairway: Taylor Made V-Steel #3 w/Fujikura Rombax Stiff
Irons: Taylor Made rac LT 4-PW shaft; Rifle Flighted 6.0
Wedges: Tayor Made rac 52° 56° 60°Utility: Taylor Made Rescue TP #3 (Aldila NV Hybid 85g Stiff)Putter: Scotty...

We play all year provided it's above freezing, not too much wind or precip, and the ground's not covered with snow or ice. Last winter we played a couple times a month every month except December. Not bad for Central Ohio! Several courses here sell winter passes that let you play as much as you want for 5 months for $200-300. It's a pretty good deal as long as the weather cooperates.

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.
--Groucho Marx

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

what do you do golfwise during winter months

I snowboard at Steamboat. As I ride the gondola up the mountain I look out toward Haymaker golf course and curse the snow. Then I get onto the slopes and it's all good.

Forget your opponents; always play against par. - Sam Snead

Driver: R580 9.5 deg
3-Wood: 15.0 deg (holdover from my starter set)
5-Wood: 18.0 deg (holdover from my starter set)Irons: TA-5 3-PWWedge: CG-12 56 degPutter: White Hot XG Sabertooth

Just put on the Gore-Tex, throw the umbrella in the bag and go play.

Titleist 907D1 10.5°
Titleist 906F4 15.5°
Titleist 906F4 18.5°
Wilson Staff Pi5 3-P
Titleist Vokey 56.14Cleveland CG12 60°Scotty Cameron Newport Two

I just drive south until there is at least 35F and no snow on the ground... Sometimes it's an hour drive, sometimes 2 or 3... until I find a golf course that's open.
Sometimes I'm forced to fly all the way down to Myrtle Beach or Florida. Excercise indoors? nah.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

There’s a definite off-season in Minnesota, although we can usually play through early to mid-November. Once the average temps drop into the 20’s I pretty much focus on strength and agility training as well as improving flexibility. I also take quite a few more lessons during that time and hit plenty of balls in the Golf Dome or into a net in my Garage. In the past I’ve made at least one trip south per year to visit family and play in Florida but for some odd reason; those family member moved back to Minnesota.

In My Bag:

Taylormade: Superquad 9.5 Aldila VS Proto 'By You' 70-S
Sonartec: SS-07 14.0 Aldila NV 85-S
Cleveland: Halo, 3i UST Irod 83-SPing: i-10 4-UW AWT-STitleist: Vokey Design Spin Milled 54.10 & 60.08Slighter: Handstamped Tacoma, 350G in Black Satin w/Sound Slot

We're lucky in Auckland in that we can play all year round. The winter here is much milder than the UK, and even in the wetter part of the year we can pay as our course never gets flooded being sand based.
In the bag:
Driver - FT-i 9.5* Neutral Speeder 686 Stiff
Fairway Wood - X-Tour 15* Stiff
Hybrid - Nickent 3DX Ironwood 17* Aldila NV Hybrid 75S
Irons - Tour Stage Z101 Forged Irons DG S300 Shatfs (2-PW) Wedges - 52* Callaway X Tour Vintage, 58* Callaway X Tour Mack Daddy VintagePutter - Scotty...

Note: This thread is 6454 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!