IGNORED

Why I miss tiger competing

FHopper
Note: This thread is 5192 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

You found the back nine at Pebble boring?

I was pulling for Duval today too. I'd like to see him make a total comeback & get a win this year or at least make the top 125. But to be honest...Duval is boring to watch too. No emotion when he made that big putt on hole 17.

I guess I feel like one of the other posters...if Tiger, (& for me Anthony Kim, Sergio, and Camilo) is not playing then I really do not care who wins. In my book..all these guys are just playing for 2nd place. Tiger will always be considered the greatest player in this era.

In my clicgear.gif 2.0 Push Cart and callaway.gifgolf bag are - 

Z-Star driver 10.5  Mashie 3 and 7 metals  Mashie 4 hyrbird  Z-Star 4-PW Irons  cleveland.gifCG Black 48, 52, 56 degree wedges  GoLo putter  upro mx+ gps

Phil Mickelson is Tiger's only active competition...but to be honest...he's not held to the same standard as Tiger. If Tiger had played like Phil the last few weeks...everyone would be posting "Tiger is in slump..blah blah blah". People expect Tiger to win every week. Tiger 14..Phil 3 in majors.

Phil is Tiger's only active competition??? Can't say that I agree with you even a little. Phil, IMO, is one of the most overrated guys on tour. Whether Tiger is in the tournament or not, Phil manages to s#$% the bed at least one round and take himself out of contention.........

R9 460 9.5
R9 3-Wood
Irons AP1 4-PW
Wedge X-Forged 62*, 56*, 50*
Studio Select 34" MS Newport 2 TP Red

Golf is golf. It doesn't need Tiger, but it's sure alot more fun (to me) when he's on. During his absence, I've found myself enjoying the European tour more often than anything else. The announcers drive me crazy though. There was a statement earlier in this thread about no swearing or club throwing while tiger's been away, WRONG! JB holmes dropped the F bomb on TV after missing a putt. Tiger just has the camera on him more often than most. We watch as they hope Phil can Thrill....Which he hasn't. Either way, I'm watching golf in some shape way or form everyday with or without Tiger. So for now it's tiger woods 2k10 on Xbox360, and crazy a$$ Michael Breed on the Golf Channel tonight.
Tools of the trade: Red=Pics
2.0 Push Cart
V14 Club Count Cart Bag
Driver - Nike SQ Dymo 2 HL w/Cleveland Headcover
Fairway Wood - Hibore XLS 5 WoodHybrids - Hibore 3,4,5Irons - CG Gold 6-PWWedges - CG14 52 & 60 CG15 - 56 Degree Custom Squareback 1

If you're finding it hard to watch golf without Woods playing...then you don't really like golf.
TaylorMade R9 460 9.5°
TaylorMade R9 13°
TaylorMade RAC TP MB 3-PW
TaylorMade RAC TP 54°.10 / 58°.10
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

If you're finding it hard to watch golf without Woods playing...then you don't really like golf.

Good one! I don't miss TW one bit. He is classless. I don't need to see a fist-pumping fool shouting on the green to enjoy a tournament.

Also, Duval was the story yesterday. I thought the last three holes were riveting for both DD and DJ.

Stupid comment imo. Golf is of course more than Tiger, but fact is that he most of the time is an interesting player to watch. Golf is fun to watch because of the characters and their performance. Watching the Nationwide Tour is something I find hard, because I can't relate to the players and there is generally less fiss.

Golf on TV is for many entertainment, watching Steve Stricker is rarely very entertaining. The last holes of a tournament with two or more players in contention is always riveting. With Tiger there, it's up another notch.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

They certainly seem to be playing at Pebble Beach as if Tiger was charging from behind at them.

Yes, it seems like that.

Driver: Big Bertha 460, (9° Steel) | Wood: X Fairway 3W (15° Steel) | Hybrid: X 3H (21° Steel) |
Irons: 4-PW, MP-52 (TT DG S300) | Wedges: X-Forged Chrome 52°/13, 56°/15, 60°/10 (TT DG S300) |
Putter: Ping Karsten Anser

Golf on TV is for many entertainment, watching Steve Stricker is rarely very entertaining. The last holes of a tournament with two or more players in contention is always riveting. With Tiger there, it's up another notch.

Exactly.

Tiger on a good day is always interesting.

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

Actually, TW on a moderate (for him) day is interesting, on a good day he's very interesting indeed. On a bad day though (e.g. British Open 2009) - not so much. Many golfers have to be having a pretty good day to be interesting, otherwise they're somewhat boring.

Phil is interesting (and somewhat frustrating) on almost any day, hence his high entertainment value. If you don't mind watching a train wreck sometimes. Sort of like watching figure skating at the Olympics come to think of it.
Imagine Phil figure skating at the Olympics. but I digress .....

[p.s. can't get rid of that second "indeed" - weird]

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

We've witnessed lots of great stuff from Tiger. If we never got anything else it would be ok because we got to see greatness. But frankly, I don't miss the lech. If he can get his life turned around and make some amends then I might feel differently. But, the chicken is in hiding.

Like him or not, Tiger is the best player in the world right now. The PGA tour is competition of the best players in the world.

Think of it as Alabama vs Texas in the national championship- If Colt McCoy would have played then the victory would have been sweeter, and for that matter most Bama fans wished he could have played. In essance, the TOUR players want Tiger to play because wins are solidified as sweeter when he's playing.

Personally I hope Tiger comes back and has a run-in with Duval at a tournement (preferably a major) and they get to dual in the same group. It'd be christmas come early.

I havent missed watching Tiger play at all. I watched golf before he came along, and I'll continue to watch after he's gone if I'm still around. I have noticed there seems to be less "Get in the hole" tards in the galleries without Tiger playing this year. Im planning on going to two tour events this year, one that Tiger usually plays and one that he never plays. I haven't had interest in following his group for years. The gallery is full of people who dont have courtesy for other players in his group, and shout "Get in the hole" on par 5 drives.

Say what?? A classless fist pumping fool! Tiger Woods has done more for golf the past 13 years than any of those other fat lazy tub of lards like Duval. Most of these guys are content with just staying in the top 125 with an occasional top ten. Thanks to Tiger, the purses have increased so much the rank and file golfers don't have the incentive to win. They also lack the cojones and will power of Tiger. There are a few exceptions, but just a few.

Can't say I feel that way. I've watched every round of every tournament this year and have enjoyed them just as much. No swears, no clubs thrown, it's been classy.

You havent been watching very closely, then....

THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

Stupid comment imo. Golf is of course more than Tiger, but fact is that he most of the time is an interesting player to watch. Golf is fun to watch because of the characters and their performance. Watching the Nationwide Tour is something I find hard, because I can't relate to the players and there is generally less fiss.

It's not

that stupid. The last two years of The Open have seen Woods play just 2 rounds - were either of these tournaments hard to watch? No. The 2008 PGA Championship with no Tiger, had an amazing last day with Harrington and Garcia going toe-to-toe. I watched the 2008 end-of-year Fed-Ex Cup - all of it Tiger-less and enjoyed it just as much. But your comments about Nationwide Tour and Stricker I agree with 100%.
TaylorMade R9 460 9.5°
TaylorMade R9 13°
TaylorMade RAC TP MB 3-PW
TaylorMade RAC TP 54°.10 / 58°.10
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

I don't think it's stupid either. You really do have to wonder about someone who won't watch golf on TV because one particular player is having a hiatus.

Still and all, I can think of one really big reason why I want TW to return asap: No More Silly Blasted Threads Like This One!

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

Remember this was not a thread about Tiger himself, but about how it is hard to care who wins if they are not trying to beat him. I wanted to hear if anyone was getting excited about who was winning or like me enjoy watching but having a hard time rooting for anyone in particular.

Current Bag
Ogio Synchro cart
'07 Burner Driver, 3 Fairway, and Rescue 5
Early Titelist Cavities
200 56, Spin milled 60 , Rossa  Suzuka

Note: This thread is 5192 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!