IGNORED

I'm not a fan of Dustin Johnson's spitting

Shorty
Note: This thread is 5186 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm wondering if I ever saw Nicklaus or Watson or Crenshaw or Kite spit. Don't think I did.

Those guys obviously have much more class then D.J.

He spit a few times…..outside on the grass!!! Who the hell does he think he is .

Callaway X-Hot Tour GD Tour AD DI-7 Sonartec SS-3.5 16* FTP-X Adams Idea Super S 19* Matrix Kujoh
Bridgestone J33B DG X100 Mizuno MP 53*6 Mizuno MP 56*10 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported
Mizuno MP 60*6 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported Odyssey White Hot Tour #5 Callaway Tourix

GHIN: 10436305

I used to like this guy, but have recently noticed how he is constantly spitting. The other day he did it just as he was being announced on the first tee. Classy guy. Not.

You act like the golf course is f'ing holy land. Who really cares if someone spits outside on the grass? This is something that I would expect my wife to notice if she was watching golf on TV. Quit tucking it..........

R9 460 9.5
R9 3-Wood
Irons AP1 4-PW
Wedge X-Forged 62*, 56*, 50*
Studio Select 34" MS Newport 2 TP Red

LOL, Tiger spits so much on the course, it's not true...but then you have to wonder what's in his mouth to make him do it so much.
TaylorMade R9 460 9.5°
TaylorMade R9 13°
TaylorMade RAC TP MB 3-PW
TaylorMade RAC TP 54°.10 / 58°.10
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

Male golfers - spit or swallow, I don't care....as long as they don't do it on the green.....I think I've seen Arnie with quite a few cigs in his mouth in his day and even some while putting, but he never put them out on the green, so he's ok in my book
Female golfer - spit or swallow, this could actually be a deal breaker here

I don't care if he spits. I am a fan of his whippy swing, though. I would hurt myself badly trying to swing like he does...

Current Gear Setup: Driver: TM R9 460, 9.5, Stiff - 3W: TM R9, 15, stiff - Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Black, 18, stiff - Irons: Callaway X Forged 09, 3-PW, PX 5.5 - SW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 54.14 - LW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 60.12 - Putter: PING Redwood Anser, 33in.

Spitting chewed dip anywhere on a course is disgusting and discourteous to other players. Spitting just spit is not big deal if done in the rough IMO.

Driver: Burner 10.5 deg
5W: R7 18 deg
3H: Idea Tech
4-PW: MP-57
GW: Vokey 52 degSW: 56 degLW: 60 degPutter: Black Series 1 34"Ball: Pro V1

Why is this an issue - did he spit at someone?

Don't watch sports (epecially winter sports) if spitting on upsets you.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I'm wondering if I ever saw Nicklaus or Watson or Crenshaw or Kite spit. Don't think I did. Hey...baseballers do it....so it's OK!

dj's a dipper, that's what dippers do. you guys don't have it in the uk, but it's like the dry snuff except it's moist and not ground. they call it snus in the nordic countries, and even the girls do it there. freaked me out when i tried to kiss a swedish girl and she had a pouch in her lip. she was hot though, and i was drunk so it didn't matter. anywho, as long as he's not spitting on the green, i don't see the harm in it. it may not be very aesthetically pleasing, but neither are lee westwood's teeth. i'd reckon he's got enough money by now to get those chompers fixed.

I obviously have no problem what so ever w/ this. I myself chew on the golf course. Just thought I'd share..................

Yeah but don't leave us hanging like that ...... do you spit or do you swallow??

Out with it laddie ... If I see someone chewing away on the course, I'd rather see them spit (discretely of course) than swallow to be honest.

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

Yeah but don't leave us hanging like that ...... do you spit or do you swallow??

Spit, of course.

TM R11/Titleist 910F 15*/ Nike SQ2 20* & 23*/ Nike CCi 5-PW/ Nike SV 52* & 56*/ SC Newport 2 Studio Style 32.5"
Nike 20XIx/Pro V1x

Spitting chewed dip anywhere on a course is disgusting and discourteous to other players. Spitting just spit is not big deal if done in the rough IMO.

My goodness. The kind of chewing, dipping I'm talking about is the finely cut, "chew" that you can pretty much conceal in your mouth and the average person probably wouldn't even notice it.

There is nothing disgusting or discourteous about that. But, that's my opinion. I've never played w/ anyone that even hinted to the fact that they didn't appreciate me having a dip on the course.

TM R11/Titleist 910F 15*/ Nike SQ2 20* & 23*/ Nike CCi 5-PW/ Nike SV 52* & 56*/ SC Newport 2 Studio Style 32.5"
Nike 20XIx/Pro V1x

Spit, of course.

Sorry I asked. Silly question prolly .....

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

You act like the golf course is f'ing holy land. Who really cares if someone spits outside on the grass? This is something that I would expect my wife to notice if she was watching golf on TV. Quit tucking it..........

hahaha..ouch..

THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

It is generational, we old people consider it filthy and inappropriate and yet my son does it constantly.

(And yet I will pee in public with no reservation, we pee off the side of our sailboats all the time and the ladies ignore us.)

Current Bag
Ogio Synchro cart
'07 Burner Driver, 3 Fairway, and Rescue 5
Early Titelist Cavities
200 56, Spin milled 60 , Rossa  Suzuka

Hey...baseballers do it....so it's OK!

I was trying to say how they're at their, as you like to call it, "workplace", spitting all the time. A golf course is outside. Hundreds of animals reside there. It's not like when you spit it stains the friggin grass.

Seems like a "Southern thing", all this dipping and chewing. I'm from NJ, went to Va. Tech, and half the guys in my fraternity would use dip....Don't see it as much up here in the Philadelphia area. Anyone else?

As long as spitting is not in my line, I would not care much.

Driver: Big Bertha 460, (9° Steel) | Wood: X Fairway 3W (15° Steel) | Hybrid: X 3H (21° Steel) |
Irons: 4-PW, MP-52 (TT DG S300) | Wedges: X-Forged Chrome 52°/13, 56°/15, 60°/10 (TT DG S300) |
Putter: Ping Karsten Anser

Note: This thread is 5186 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!