IGNORED

Picking your favorite golfers - how and why

USA 79S
Note: This thread is 5045 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

wow, sure hope you're female.

um, why? because im young and in good shape? why would i prefer to see pasty flabby fleshed middle aged men instead of a guy who takes care of himself and has clothes tailored to his athletic fit? im not gay, but if i was and i hit on you would you feel threatened?

Colin P.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

um, why? because im young and in good shape? why would i prefer to see pasty flabby fleshed middle aged men instead of a guy who takes care of himself and has clothes tailored to his athletic fit? im not gay, but if i was and i hit on you would you feel threatened?

depends....Ya wanna be the mamma o u wanna be the pappa? Old joke sorry...

Poults, of course. Closely followed by 'The Mechanic', Jimenez. Others include Cabrera, Dyson, Villegas, Christina Kim, Each one of them has a certain style on the course - an attitude.

In my Ogio Ozone bag:

Driver: Ping G10 7.5° ProLaunch Red S shaft
Fairway woods: Wilson Pro Staff #3 & Ping #5 ProLaunch Red S shaft
Driving iron:Cleveland LDI 21°Irons: Ping Green dot i10 5-PW Z-Z65 shaftsWedges: Titleist Vokeys 52° & 56°, Ping 54° & 58°Putter: Odyssey White Hot XG...

1. Phil because my dad liked him when i was growing up and we watched him win the phoenix open back in the 90's. i dont remember too much of it tho cuz i was like 7 at the time. we even stood by his girl friend (now wife) and she couldnt see what happened when phil put it next to the pin on 17 and was asking us what happened. it is very fitting for him to by my fav player cuz i also a big cubs fan...

then i also like rickie fowler, paddy harrington, jb holmes.

i didnt like harrington before but then i saw him on playing lessons with the pros and he was cool. and the girl from the golf channel he was golfing with is fine.

i also kinda like ian poulter for his not giving a (blank) attitide.

im a pretty big fan of Rory Mac, Sean O'Hair and now Rickie Fowler
was a big Tiger fan.......
i dont disagree that he is amazing and changed this sport forever......but outside the course he's a douche

old school likes - no doubt Couples and Els (been told my swing is a mix of these two...not sure what to tell ya there !! haha!)
"My swing is homemade - but I have perfect flaws!" - Me

thats a long time ago.

Paul Lawrie may I remind u has had one of the greatest comebacks of all time he came back from

10 shots (this may be right but I was a lot of shots anyway) to win this was one of the greatest final days of the open of all time probably

I stick with Phil cause he is a lefty like me. Lots of ups and downs but awesome with his short game.

My only problem with golf is that I am usually standing too close to the ball............ after I hit it.
In my bag

Ping G30 Driver

Ping G25 3 wood

Titleist AP2 3-PW

Edel wedges

Edel putter

I like players who were great when I was a pup, and players like them. I like players who others might find boring - Steve Stricker, Bob Tway, Nick Price, Calc, and for some reason I get a kick out of Briny Baird.

I'd love to play a links course with a few old dudes - a certain gap toothed old man from Kansas, a once brilliant Spanish guy (take your pick), and a golden bear..

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I generally take to Americans for some odd reason!

1. Tiger - I cant lie, he is the main reason golf sparked my interest.
2. Phil - I just like him cause he seems to be a nice down to earth guy.
3. Zach Johnson - cant pinpoint why, I just like the guy.
4. Stew Cink - love the way he plays the game.
In my bag
Machspeed 9.5 Stiff
CrossBax 5 wood
Idea Tech 19* Hybrid
a3 22* Hybrid Slingshot 4D Graphite 5-AW Burner XD 56* & 60* Wedge Callie Putter e6+Home Course: www.dogwoodtracegolf.com

Closely followed by 'The Mechanic', Jimenez...... Each one of them has a certain style on the course - an attitude.

Ahh, the Mechanic....good call here......seems like he would be one of the best guys to play a relaxing round of golf with, or just go sit down, have a beer and a cigar, and have a chat....

• 3 weeks later...
Hands down, its Camilo Villegas. I could go on and on about why I think this guy is awesome, but basically its down to his attitude towards not only golf, but physicaly fitness. He plays golf to have fun, hit rediculous shots and just happens to earn millions of dollars in the process. His body is a result of spending probably 1000's of hours in the gym, simply because he is not content with being a golfer; he wants to be an athlete. He hits shots others would not even contemplate hitting. And don't even get me started on the way he reads his putts!

8.5º D2 (Grafalloy Pro Launch Red Stiff)
13.5º 906F2 (UST Proforce V2 65 Stiff)
X12 Pro 2-iron (S300)
MP32 4-PW (S300)
52º Spin Milled (8º Bounce), 58º Spin Milled (12º Bounce) Karsten B60 Tour V2 Pro V1x Pure Touch

Payne Stewart. . . started watching him years before I ever hit a golf ball! My dad has NEVER hit one and knows who he is! What can I say, he was just that guy when ya saw him, ya just knew he was a class act!!!

Tiger. . . very simply, the man!!

Tom Watson. . . great guy!!

Anthony Kim. . . like the attitude!

In my Nike SasQuatch Staff Bag:
Driver: Callaway FT-IQ 9.5 Stiff
Irons: Ping G5 4-P
Wedges: Vokey Spin Milled 56*, Cleveland bent to 49*
Putter: Scotty Cameron California Monterey
Ball: Srizon Z-Star Yellow
Range: SkyCaddie 2.5

Of guys you still might catch on TV, I have always liked Ben Crenshaw, and then comes all the guys who played here locally, either in HS or college, because all of them were very nice guys. But my all time favorite golfer was the gentleman himself, Byron Nelson. The modern, younger players still have careers and bridges to cross before I could call them "favorites," but Paddy seems like he might have the makings of a long time favorite.

RC

AK all the way. Because he is young, super-talented, from LA, Korean, cocky, and likes to party.

Driver: R7 Draw 9.0
Hybrid: Burner Rescue 22
Irons: VR Full Cavity 4-AW
Putter: Anser 3

1. Tiger Woods

first im a big king of the hill fan. my top 4 are padraig harrington david duval,bubba watson, and phil mickelson i have heard phil,padraig and bubba are very nice and friendly also bubba and phil are leftys like me. then i like duval because even though he has dropped off he has come back and he is very reserved

Just for the womans side i like lorena ochoa went to see a lpga tournament and she was talking to the crowd alot on a side note my dad almost ran over michelle wie
DriverMonster Hi-Bore XLS/w Mintsubishi Diamana Fit-On M Gold Stiff 55g
Woods906F4 3 Wood/w Aldila VS Proto Fairway Stiff 80g
Hybrid3dx red 20 and 23 degree
Irons3dx red 5-pw
Wedgesharmonized sand wedge 56 degree loft and harmonize lob wedge 60 degree loftPutterWhite Hot XG SabertoothBallNoddle or ...

My favorites in the 70's and 80's were Jack and Tom Watson. Freddie Couples in the early 90's. I was never a big Greg Norman fan even though I have read one of his books.

Over the last 15 years my favorite player has been Phil Mickelson. The press was always on him prior to his winning majors and I guess I just felt that was a little unfair, so I backed him. He's never disappointed me, even though his game is far from perfect. Like Jack, Arnie, and Tom Watson before him, Phil takes time for the fans and truly appreciates what he's been given. That is to be respected.

Tiger will always have the wins over a guy like Phil, but he's such a controlling automaton around the game and he's done so many unkempt things off the course that I can't root for him.

Some of the other guys I really like are Paddy Harrington, Rory McElroy, Ernie Els, Jim Furyk, Steve Stricker and Retief Goosen.

Trevino for me w/ Ballesteros a close second. Trevino was everything good; great player and he actually had a personality. Was brilliant with fans as well. Nicklaus and Watson got me into the game, especially their '77 Duel in the Sun.

Quite partial to Norman. Grip it and rip it long before Daly. Could (and should?) have won a load more Majors.

Zach Johnson?? Hmmm. Not sure I see it. Quite like his style which seems pretty simple. Post-game mutterings, however, make me want to vomit.

Far too many robots out there these days. Quite like Rory Mac and Lee Westwood though, Anthony Kim could be interesting if he stopped playing the fool quite so much and Ishikawa for his classically elegant swing.

Home Course: Wollaton Park GC, Nottingham, U.K.

Ping G400, 9°, Alta CB 55S | Ping G400, 14°, Alta CB 65S | Adams Pro Dhy 18°, 21°, 24°, KBS Hybrid S | Ping S55 5-PW, TT DGS300 | Vokey 252-08, DGS200 | Vokey 256-10 (bent to 58°), DGS200 | Ping Sigma G Anser, 34" | Vice Pro Plus

Note: This thread is 5045 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!