IGNORED

2010 WGC Match Play Bracket

Rusty Shackleford
Note: This thread is 5184 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

i think it will be villegas and clark in the final match and i think it will go into extra holes but i really dont know who will win... i would like for villegas to win but clark is really good at matchplay

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Camilo will win this, trust me!

Just like AK. I mean, everytime I see a tournament thread you pick AK. Well, I guess he's bound to win some time or another.

My gutsyest picks won (Villegas, and Watney). I can't believe Oliver Wilson beat Rors. It was painful watching him (Wilson) play. Will you hit the friggin' ball already.

I can't believe Oliver Wilson beat Rors. It was painful watching him (Wilson) play. Will you hit the friggin' ball already.

Indeed.I know Rory said afterwards it didn't bother him, but the way he said it, and the type of lad he is, I'd say it had a big hand in him not playing as well as he could.Fair play to Wilson, he did what he had to, but he'll probably be beaten tomorrow and the tournament is worse off without Rory.

A great shot is when you go for it and pull it off. A smart shot is when you don't have the guts to try it. ~ Phil Mickelson.

That was a sweet 5-iron Goose hit to close out Ernie. The way he quit on his follow-through and immediately lost the ball in the sun, I thought that ball was going deep into the desert.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

This is easy to say after the fact, but I thought Jaidee would play well this week and go deep.

Driver: Cobra S2 9.5 Fubuki 73 Stiff | Wood: Titleist 909H 17 Aldila Voodoo Stiff | Irons: Titleist ZB 3-5, ZM 6-PW DG S300 | Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMTC 50.08, 54.11, 60.04 DG S200 | Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 33" | Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

Just like AK. I mean, everytime I see a tournament thread you pick AK. Well, I guess he's bound to win some time or another.

thats my theory, he's due a win and when he does i can act all smug and say 'i knew it' :), no i only pick him based on nothing other than that i want him to win and not really that i think he'll win, but i really think that villegas will win now after taking out ogilvy as i think that was his biggest test on route towards the final.

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

Third round projections, based on a coin flip (heads: higher seed, tails: lower seed):

Jaidee def. Ishikawa
J.M. Singh def. Poulter
Clark def. Garcia
Donald def. Wilson
Goosen def. Watney
Villegas def. Crane
Schwartzel def. Cink
Gay def. Casey

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Hrm... I'm doing well going into tomorrow in the Sam Snead bracket. I only had two bad calls there: I had Quiros and Mahan out in the second round instead of the first. The four remaining I had right.

Meanwhile, only two of my picks outside that bracket are still around, and I have them both losing tomorrow (to players who have already lost).

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Third round projections, based on a coin flip (heads: higher seed, tails: lower seed):

Naaaaaaah! My coin says the winners will be:

Ishikawa Poulter Garcia Donald (Should be able to cope with the Wilson slothfulness) Watney Villegas (so long as Crane doesn't bore him to death. On his own on the first round after the 1st and he was on the clock after 9... ) Shwartzl Casey I'd love to see Casey v Ishikawa in the final but I'd settle for Casey v either Poulter or Donald. Casey to win - he looks really hot this week. 'Top seeds or not', this is a quality field.

Okay, they just suspended play due to it raining ?!?

WTF?????
TaylorMade R9 460 9.5°
TaylorMade R9 13°
TaylorMade RAC TP MB 3-PW
TaylorMade RAC TP 54°.10 / 58°.10
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

Okay, they just suspended play due to it

Seemed to be instigated by Poulter.I don't think anyone told them they could stop for 15 minutes.If there's no thunder and lightning, you don't stop playing.Pansy's.

A great shot is when you go for it and pull it off. A smart shot is when you don't have the guts to try it. ~ Phil Mickelson.

They're back on...I like it when the pro's start to hack the ball around like the rest of us.
Garcia's tee-shot into the water on 3 was like one of mine!
TaylorMade R9 460 9.5°
TaylorMade R9 13°
TaylorMade RAC TP MB 3-PW
TaylorMade RAC TP 54°.10 / 58°.10
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

did anybody see the fuzz between Garcia and Poulter @7th hole? I just saw the interview later, but don't know what actually happened.

As usually, it was the world against Sergio?? This guy needs to stop bitching, whenever he lost.

In my Tour Combo Bag:

Driver: Superquad 9.5°
5W: 2008 Burner 18°
3H: Idea Pro Gold 20°4H: 2008 Burner Rescue 22°Irons: MP52 R300 5-PWedges: Vokey SM 50.08, 54.11, 58.04, 60.11Putter: Itsy Bitsy SpiderBall: TP Red

• Administrator
As usually, it was the world against Sergio??

No. He sided with Poulter - I would have too - and that was about it. I'm not sure why he felt the need to bring it up later, especially since he won that hole yet lost the match. Badly.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

What was going on there with Sergio and Poulter?I just caught the very end of it.

How could he miss that putt.He played and fought so hard all day.sickening.

Note: This thread is 5184 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!