IGNORED

Tiger's Statement...The Message Between the Lines

juanrjackson
Note: This thread is 5147 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I was listening very close to Tiger's statement today. Reading between the lines & what Tiger was really saying was the top golfers....Stricker, Mickelson, Westwood, etc had caught up with him as far as skill and talent. Because of that:

1) he needs more time off to practice

2) he will be changing from using Nike to Callaway irons so he can

3) play Super Game Improvement irons.....Callaway FT ibrid irons to be specific

4) play a Guerin Rife 2-Bar Belly Putter to improve his putting.

Hopefully after a year of practice Tiger can make it back to being a Top 10 golfer

In my clicgear.gif 2.0 Push Cart and callaway.gifgolf bag are - 

Z-Star driver 10.5  Mashie 3 and 7 metals  Mashie 4 hyrbird  Z-Star 4-PW Irons  cleveland.gifCG Black 48, 52, 56 degree wedges  GoLo putter  upro mx+ gps

BTW, Not sure about reading pre-written statement word to word without giving any chance for single question…..under perfect control of the situation. Not a good sign for a sincere apology.

Driver: Big Bertha 460, (9° Steel) | Wood: X Fairway 3W (15° Steel) | Hybrid: X 3H (21° Steel) |
Irons: 4-PW, MP-52 (TT DG S300) | Wedges: X-Forged Chrome 52°/13, 56°/15, 60°/10 (TT DG S300) |
Putter: Ping Karsten Anser

I was listening very close to Tiger's statement today. Reading between the lines & what Tiger was really saying was the top golfers....Stricker, Mickelson, Westwood, etc had caught up with him as far as skill and talent. Because of that:

I think you missed the bit where he intimated the need to work with Butch Harmon on his wrist action.

Honestly, at this point who cares what he said. I'm Tiger fan because he is probably the best golfer out there. No other reason. I don't care if he's sorry. All I care about is whether or not he is going to play in Masters and the US and British Open

Clubs:
Driver: Ping Rapture 10.5 degree, Stiff Flex shaft
Fairway Wood: Ping Rapture 17* - Stiff Shaft
Hybrids: Callaway Heaven Wood 20* Firm Flex
Irons: Titleist 704 CB (Forged) (4-PW), Dynamic Gold S300 ShaftsWedges: Titleist Vokey 52 and 58 degreePutter: Odessy White Hot XG Model #1Bag: Ping HooferBa...

Honestly, at this point who cares what he said. I'm Tiger fan because he is probably the best golfer out there. No other reason. I don't care if he's sorry. All I care about is whether or not he is going to play in Masters and the US and British Open

I 2nd that!

In my clicgear.gif 2.0 Push Cart and callaway.gifgolf bag are - 

Z-Star driver 10.5  Mashie 3 and 7 metals  Mashie 4 hyrbird  Z-Star 4-PW Irons  cleveland.gifCG Black 48, 52, 56 degree wedges  GoLo putter  upro mx+ gps

I think you missed the bit where he intimated the need to work with Butch Harmon on his wrist action.

Working on his wrist action could have saved him a lot of trouble.

Current Bag
Ogio Synchro cart
'07 Burner Driver, 3 Fairway, and Rescue 5
Early Titelist Cavities
200 56, Spin milled 60 , Rossa  Suzuka

i felt the same way about the whole situation. he seemed like a robot reciting a programmed apology. (robot voice - " i am sorry. i was wrong. i have no emotions". c'mon, his mom was sitting 5ft in front of him and he didn't tear up at all. maybe i'm not as much of a man as tiger but if i made the mistakes he has and made a public apology with my mom front and center...i would at least shed one tear of disappointment in myself.
callaway.gif FT-i 9*
nike.gif CPR Hybrid 18*
titleist.gif 735cm 3-PW
nike.gif SV 56*, 60*
odyssey.gif White Hot #8 

Methinks he had already cried a river so the pump was temporarily dry.

'Hopper: LOL.

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

The Message between the lines. . . hmmmn. (scratching head)

1) Buddha was a scratch player? A ha....I knew that Liberal Studies class in college would help me out one day, who'da thought?

2) The Crouching Tiger who didn't see that hidden hydrant on that eventful night, now sees all and discovers the '4 Noble Truths' of golf.....and no not from Jim Hardy.

3) This once fierce cat seems to have been declawed....good news for the guys on Tour.
You don't know what pressure is until you've played for five dollars a hole with only two in your pocket - Lee Trevino

MP-600 @ 10.5°
Insight BUL 3-wood @ 15°
Insight BUL 5-wood @ 18° IDEA a2 4i Hybrid @ 23° MX-25 5-PW MP-R Series 52° > 50°/05° MP-R Series 54°/10° MP-R...

you all missed where he said he was going to go with the HAMMER driver and 3 wood. POW!!!!

Sounds like he's been using it too much already.

909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

So he used to vent out his injuries and lack of wins on the course with some extramarital sex... now that ends... I pitty the rest of the players on tour when he returns to vent out his marital frustrations on the golf course... watchout !!!

How has everyone (including professional phsycologists) missed the fact that his extra-marital affaires and other ranting raves in his personal life have little to do with sex addiction, but rather with a keen sense of lack of purpose and direction in his life since his dad died? He tried to cover that HUGE loss by creating a family, but the void of his dad and the focus he gave tiger was too much to cover. He became an adult the day his father passed away and it has been overwhelming for Tiger at some point.

Let him mature on his own so that he can return to the course and fulfill his own destiny. The greatest golf player ever to be born.

Not sure if this is reading between the lines, as the thread suggests... ;)

Please don´t swing while I´m talking !!

i felt the same way about the whole situation. he seemed like a robot reciting a programmed apology. (robot voice - " i am sorry. i was wrong. i have no emotions". c'mon, his mom was sitting 5ft in front of him and he didn't tear up at all. maybe i'm not as much of a man as tiger but if i made the mistakes he has and made a public apology with my mom front and center...i would at least shed one tear of disappointment in myself.

You're not alone.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...simmons/100219 I could post the excerpt, but it's a safe link - it's ESPN.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Note: This thread is 5147 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!