IGNORED

Best ball for me

Note: This thread is 5197 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I am currently in search of a new ball to replace the Pro v1's i was playing before. I loved the spin on them, but I felt like I was losing distance. I just recently tried the Taylormade black tp's but i don't think they spin enough on my irons. I also tried the Nike one tours but i definitely lost tons of yardage on them. I also tried bridgestone rx and b330, but i didn't like them, they felt weird to me. (Swing speed is around 95-100, driver goes about 260-270). Essentially, I'm looking for the best possible combination between spin and distance. I cant really afford to lose much yardage, but I need more spin to hold the fast greens. My irons (5&4) w/ the Taylormade black's are causing the ball to hit the center of the green and just roll off without settling down. My trajectory is somewhat low, but i always strike the ball solidly. Any suggestions on any balls that might fit me?

909 D2 -9.5 Degrees -Diamana BlueBoard
mp 52 irons
newport 2
CG 12 52 degree
Cg 15 60 degreeOvation 3 and 5 wood Penta TP

Thanks, I'll be sure to try it out! Has anyone hit the Taylormade Pentas yet? I have been meaning to hit them, but they are always sold out. =(

mp 52 irons
newport 2
CG 12 52 degree

I am playing the Pentas now actually. You will lose distance as this is a pretty soft ball but man they feel AWESOME! You know how you have those two or three shots per round where you can't even feel the ball off the face and pure it? That's what this ball is like all of the time.

Driver: Titleist 907D2 9.5 Stiff
Hybrid: Adams Pro Black 18*
Irons: Mizuno MP60 (4-PW)
Wedges: Vokey SM 50/54/58/62
Putter: Yes! CallieBall: TM PentaHome course: DeBell Golf Club http://www.debellgolf.com/

I'm looking for a new ball too. Played the Pro V1's last year because of the check they had on the greens. I now have the tour burner irons that hit the ball a mile and a half in the air so I should be able to get away with a harder ball that give me more distance off the tee.

@Leezer Oh, well how is the distance of the Pentas compared to pro V1's? Cause as long as its a little longer than pro v's its good enough for me. i dont really want just distance, I want a good combination. Ill have to give those a try though, everyone says they feel as amazing as you said. @ Mike, lets see if we can find something! =)

mp 52 irons
newport 2
CG 12 52 degree

I would also the callaway is or iz if u like a harder feeling ball. or u could try the provx?

In my Golf Bag...
Driver: Taylormade Burner 07 10.5 Degree w/ V2 76g Stiff
F/way Wood: : Bridgestone J33 15 Degree w/ Aldila NV 85g Stiff
Hybrid: Titleist 909H 19 Degree w/ V2 89g Stiff
Irons: Tourstage X-blade 05 3-Pw w/ True Temper Black Gold StiffWedges: Titleist Oil Can Vokey 09 55 and 60...

We both may really like the soon to be released Bridgestone 330RXS.

From what I've gathered it's a higher spinning version of the 330RX.

Should be out in March. I'll at least try a dz.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

Might give the TM TP red or black a try. Both are great balls for an all around game. Long and durable for me with around a 95-100mph swing speed. E6 balls are good also. Both about 25$ a dozen.

Driver.... Nickent DX Evolver V2 65 stiff /07 Burner YS6+ stiff .
4 wood..... Nickent 4DX
Hybrids.....Tour Edge Geomax 22* 25* 28*
Irons.....TM R7 6-P + AW,SW,LW
Putter.....Odyssey White Hot XG 2 BallBag.......Callaway ORG 14 A.L.I.C.E. Ball........Bridgestone e6 / Srixon Soft Feel...

+1 to for the Bridgestones, great balls. +1 for the Callaway i(S) and i(Z), both are hard but the (S)'s spin significantly more, but similar to the new ProVs, (Not x's). Might want to try the Pentas, bought a box this week and will try em this weekend. :)

In my Titleist 2014 9.5" Staff bag:

Cobra Bio+ 9* Matrix White Tie X  - Taylormade SLDR 15* ATTAS 80X - Titleist 910H 19* ATTAS 100X - Taylormade '13 TP MC 4-PW PX 6.5 - Vokey TVD M 50* DG TI X100 - Vokey SM4 55 / Vokey SM5 60* DG TI S400 - Piretti Potenza II 365g

From my (admittedly VERY) limited knowledge on the Bridgestones, shouldn't you be playing the B330S for your distance and given that you want the spin etc? Not the 330 which is more like the Pro V1X (lower spin) or the RX which is for lower swing speed players?

Cobra - Speed Pro 8.5º X-Flex, Speed Pro 13º S-Flex | Mizuno - MP CLK 20º Hybrid, MP-67 DG S300 4-PW | Cleveland - CG10 52º,56º, 60º | Rife - Antigua Island 34"

Z Star

Our desires in a golf ball are very similar...good distance...good spin...but I will add one more thing that is very important to me...I have got to like the way a ball feels off the putter and when chipping.

Well for a long time I was a Pro V1 guy as I went through 2008 testing all the premium balls (dozen at a time) and thought no better ball for what I what out of a ball then Pro V1...then Srixon came out with the Z Star and I made the switch and it will take a heck of a ball to make me switch anytime soon...it does everything I want out of a ball plus they are pretty durable...good luck with your search!!!

TEE - XCG6, 13º, Matrix Ozik HD6.1, stiff
Wilson Staff - Ci11, 3-SW, TX Fligthed, stiff

Odyssey - Metal X #7, 35in

Wilson Staff - FG Tour ball 

Z Star

Great ball :)

In my Titleist 2014 9.5" Staff bag:

Cobra Bio+ 9* Matrix White Tie X  - Taylormade SLDR 15* ATTAS 80X - Titleist 910H 19* ATTAS 100X - Taylormade '13 TP MC 4-PW PX 6.5 - Vokey TVD M 50* DG TI X100 - Vokey SM4 55 / Vokey SM5 60* DG TI S400 - Piretti Potenza II 365g

Yep...Srixon Zstar and Bridgestone B330S. I like the Penta as well. Any of these will give you what you are looking for.

Driver: Ti460 with stock Fujikura G60 shaft in stiff flex
3W: SQ Dymo2
Hybrid: FT 20*
Irons: 755
SW: SV 56*GW: Vokey 50*LW: Vokey 60*Putter: SC Red XHome Course: Wildcat Golf Club

Z Star

I think this ball fits what you need the best. Over the past year, I've tried almost every premium ball out there, and the Z-Star sounds like it'll fit exactly what you are looking for. If you look at how it performs in all categories (spin around green, spin on approaches, distance off driver, durability, etc.), it's never the absolute best in any catergory but is always above average in all of them. Basically it's the best "all-around" ball you can buy. You'll have enough spin to stop all your approach shots and shots around the green, and you'll also have added distance compared to other "spinnier" balls out there.

Wow, thanks for all the suggestions guys! So the balls that i will have to try out are:
Callaway i(z)
Penta Tp
Srixon Z Star

Im kinda biased against bridgestones, I dont know why =).

mp 52 irons
newport 2
CG 12 52 degree

Callaway HX hot bite is great ball, the only one i will hit. But it does have a draw back, the cover is super soft so it can be scuffed pretty easy. i have hit the Callaway ix and it was magical, but it is out of my price range :(

FT-iQ 10* driver
FT-i Squareway 3 Wood
X-22's Irons
X Series JAWS Chrome 56*, 60*
Zinc Dual Sided Blade Putter HX Hot Bite X-22 Stand Bag

Wow, thanks for all the suggestions guys! So the balls that i will have to try out are:

If you aren't holding greens with the TP Black, you won't hold the green with the Callaway i(z) either. YOu'd want to go for the i(s) instead. It'll still have more distance and less spin than the ProV1, but it won't be as big of a difference as the i(z).

Note: This thread is 5197 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!