IGNORED

How addicted are you to this game?

pusher
Note: This thread is 4942 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've often thought I may be putting my career or marriage in jeopardy because of my obsession with this game. Do any of you feel the same? Have you ever snuck out for the driving range or nine holes during the day? What about lying by omission? Perhaps your wife thought you were somewhere else when in fact you were on the golf course. Maybe you left a family event to go chip some balls or visit a putting green on your way to or from work. What about the financial costs? Golf isn't cheap, you know. What do you say?

I've snuck out of work a time or two to get on earlier and try to sneak 18 before headin home. If questions get asked I say, "oh i had to throw an extra $20 in the gas tank..."

In my Titleist 2014 9.5" Staff bag:

Cobra Bio+ 9* Matrix White Tie X  - Taylormade SLDR 15* ATTAS 80X - Titleist 910H 19* ATTAS 100X - Taylormade '13 TP MC 4-PW PX 6.5 - Vokey TVD M 50* DG TI X100 - Vokey SM4 55 / Vokey SM5 60* DG TI S400 - Piretti Potenza II 365g

Back at my old job i ended up taking extra long lunch breaks every now and then because i got caught up in what i was doing on a practice green nearby, but nothing extreme. Ive never skipped out of work for a quick 9 or anything, lol. Im not married and dont have kids so i can devote as much time as I feel i need to golf. My friends and GF get annoyed with me from time to time, but they should be out there with me if they cared about me so much..DUH!
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

My friends and GF get annoyed with me from time to time, but they should be out there with me if they cared about me so much..DUH!

some people *Shakes head* so selfish...lol (them not you)

Cobra Bio+ 9* Matrix White Tie X  - Taylormade SLDR 15* ATTAS 80X - Titleist 910H 19* ATTAS 100X - Taylormade '13 TP MC 4-PW PX 6.5 - Vokey TVD M 50* DG TI X100 - Vokey SM4 55 / Vokey SM5 60* DG TI S400 - Piretti Potenza II 365g

Since im a member of my only golf facility and course within about 15 miles I don't pay on a time to time basis for golf but My mum gets annoyed with how obsessed I am with golf

My job supports my habit. If it's nice out, I'll work hard and finish up, call my boss, and tell her "I'm out of here", without reprecussion. I take long lunches if I've got something I'm working on. Clubs and putters in the office. As far as the wife, I've tried to introduce her to the game and even bought her a full set that she will begin using this year. Not just to play with me, but to get out there and meet people.

I've done my best to introduce everyone involved in my life to golf. If they choose not to, then they have to understand that they wont see me as much. Cause the range or the course is where I'll be.

Don't lie to the wife about golf. Cause they will always expect you were doing something far worse if you get caught.
Tools of the trade: Red=Pics
2.0 Push Cart
V14 Club Count Cart Bag
Driver - Nike SQ Dymo 2 HL w/Cleveland Headcover
Fairway Wood - Hibore XLS 5 WoodHybrids - Hibore 3,4,5Irons - CG Gold 6-PWWedges - CG14 52 & 60 CG15 - 56 Degree Custom Squareback 1

My job supports my habit. If it's nice out, I'll work hard and finish up, call my boss, and tell her "I'm out of here", without reprecussion. I take long lunches if I've got something I'm working on. Clubs and putters in the office.

who on earth do you work for? lol i work for the government and they don't even allow that...hahaha

Obviously, the best boss in the world. She's even taking lessons now!

Tools of the trade: Red=Pics
2.0 Push Cart
V14 Club Count Cart Bag
Driver - Nike SQ Dymo 2 HL w/Cleveland Headcover
Fairway Wood - Hibore XLS 5 WoodHybrids - Hibore 3,4,5Irons - CG Gold 6-PWWedges - CG14 52 & 60 CG15 - 56 Degree Custom Squareback 1

As a Pastor being on the course can fit into my schedule whenever i desire it to except on sundays

In my bag

Driver - c3 bullet 10.5 degree
Woods- c3 bullet 5 wood
Hybrids- 3dx 3 and 4Irons- 3dx 5-pwWedges- Purespin golf tour series gw,sw,lwPutter- antiguaBall - :taylormade: Burner TP

Oh, I don't know. Would hitting and chipping in my backyard till dark then golf channel till I fall asleep be considered addictive behavior?
If it is, I refuse to participate in an intervention.

Bag:ogio.gif SULTAN----titleist.gifDriver: 9.5* 909D Comp-----titleist.gif3W: 15* 909F3
titleist.gif5W: 18* 906F2----titleist.gifHybrid: 21* 909H----titleist.gifIrons: AP1's stiff
Wedges:vokey.gif 56*.14 & 60*.10----odyssey.gifPutter: White Hot XG 2-Ball Blade
golflogix.gif

I've broken a few items in my house swinging clubs this winter.
Spend most of my free (and company) time either talking about golf with my friends (via text message or email) or looking at reviews of equipment.
Skip family picnics to go golfing (that's a no brainer).

Put it this way, if you've signed up to a golf discussion forum your pretty addicted in the first place!

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

Also, my wife can smell the golf on me so I can't lie.

LOL!

With me it's pretty much my only hobby, so my wife is cool with me being out there a lot and spending $. I only get in trouble when I'm lying in bed at night thinking about golf instead of her!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I've often thought I may be

Since nobody else pointed it out I will. I believe you meant "puting my career or marriage..." I'd say your obsession is quite deep. I don't think this was a typo so much as a subconcious spelling error. Shows us where your mind was when you wrote this. :)

9.5* Driver
3 Wood
21* 4 Hybrid
5-PW
Zebra 60* SW G-Force Putter

Well I know that my wife and I had to set a number in the budget for golf...I go on a message board and post about golf...I've hit balls every Friday/Saturday/Sunday since Christmas despite the fact it's been no higher than 41 here during that time, and snow-covered the whole time....YES, VERY ADDICTED

Current Gear Setup: Driver: TM R9 460, 9.5, Stiff - 3W: TM R9, 15, stiff - Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Black, 18, stiff - Irons: Callaway X Forged 09, 3-PW, PX 5.5 - SW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 54.14 - LW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 60.12 - Putter: PING Redwood Anser, 33in.

What really shows it for me is that last fall, after the school golf season, I was so tired of golf, especially the pressures of playing and competing for a team. Now, I'm soooooo ready to go out and play some golf. It was in the 40's today (60's ! in the sun) so i went outside and ht some foam baseballs and a couple golf balls. My neighbor now has several golf balls in their backyard.

Note: I really like hitting these foam baseballs with a wedge. They are really fun to see how much I can hook and slice them around the corners of my house.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Put it this way, if you've signed up to a golf discussion forum your pretty addicted in the first place!

haha, this is very true.

luckily i can play TW 2010 on the wii, so when i'm caged indoors by the weather i can still "swing". i remember my girlfriend in college jumped down my throat when i came home from a round with my buddies. i apparently didn't tell her where i was going or how long i'd be gone, how dare i?? i guess she felt like golf was my "mistress". my buddies were all there when it happened, honestly, we had just stepped in the door. i just walked past her and remember thinking, "i wish i was still on the course". needless to say, we aren't together anymore. i'm with my "mistress"...
callaway.gif FT-i 9*
nike.gif CPR Hybrid 18*
titleist.gif 735cm 3-PW
nike.gif SV 56*, 60*
odyssey.gif White Hot #8 

Note: This thread is 4942 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!