IGNORED

camera for monitoring impact position

Note: This thread is 5196 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I know everyone says the zx1 is the best camera for cheap for checking your golf swing but ive never seen any golf videos of the camera being in front of the golfer, focused on the ball, to see if you are hitting the ball square on your club face. my whole idea was to set the camera up behind a net and look close at the ball to see if im hitting my sweet spots. idk if that is an idea thing to look at or not i just figured it was. do you think the zx1 could capture that kind of imagine? if not what is a good camera for that? if this is a stupid idea u can tell me that also lol
What I Play:

Driver: Sumo 5000 9.5*
Fairway Woods : S2 15*/18*
Irons : MP 58 3-PW S3000 StiffWedges : Spin Milled 54*/58*Putter : Pro Platinum Newport 2Ball : Pro V1 ( Used )Bag : (Cart Bag) Twister 2010 (Stand Bag)

It happens so fast, I doubt you'd be able to see much. It's easier to put some impact tape on the clubface, makes it a lot easier to see.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
It happens so fast, I doubt you'd be able to see much. It's easier to put some impact tape on the clubface, makes it a lot easier to see.

Exactly. You'd be over-engineering the problem in a BIG way.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Impact tape on the club face is far better than ball impact to the lens.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

The aforementioned impact tape is probably your best bet. It would be cool though to see a slow-motion view of the clubface hitting the ball, if only because it would be a cool looking shot. If you had a camera that could do 300 fps (though the resolution would likely suck) you would have a better chance of catching impact. If would be even cooler to catch impact on camera from the side, so you could see the ball deform. No real instructional value, but cool none the less.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

yeah i knew there was a reason i never saw it. just didnt know why. thanks for the comments
What I Play:

Driver: Sumo 5000 9.5*
Fairway Woods : S2 15*/18*
Irons : MP 58 3-PW S3000 StiffWedges : Spin Milled 54*/58*Putter : Pro Platinum Newport 2Ball : Pro V1 ( Used )Bag : (Cart Bag) Twister 2010 (Stand Bag)

Note: This thread is 5196 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!