IGNORED

Srixon Z Star Tour Yellow - anyone on board with these?

Note: This thread is 4535 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I bought 2 dozen this past weekend while I was in Houston (wasn't sure when they'd get them in up here in Arkansas). I haven't had a chance to play them yet, but I must say I really like the idea behind it. All the grass up here in AR is still dormant, and you can be standing 10 yards from your ball and not see it. Couple that with overcast skies, and lets just say you're lucky if you only lose a couple balls each round from not being able to find them. I play the Z-StarX anyway, so switching to the Tour Yellow isn't all that big of a deal in the end.

I am interested in these. I might pick up a dozen to try. I think they were smart to come out with the yellow in their premier ball. A way to blow up the misconceptions that might be prevalent in regards to colored balls. Then roll them out to their midrange balls.

In my SasQuatch carry bag.
909D2 9.5* (Aldila Voodo Shaft)
FT 3W 15* (Fujikura E370 Shaft Stiff Flex)
FT Hybrid 21* Nuetral (Fujikura Fit On M Hybrid Stiff Flex)
FT Hybrid 24* Nuetral (Fujikura Fit On M Hybrid Stiff Flex)Irons: X22 Tour 5 thru PW (True Temper Dynamic Gold S300) 2* upright (also...

I am interested in these. I might pick up a dozen to try. I think they were smart to come out with the yellow in their premier ball. A way to blow up the misconceptions that might be prevalent in regards to colored balls. Then roll them out to their midrange balls.

Definitely agree that they were smart to start at the top and roll down versus the other way around!!!!

In my Nike SasQuatch Staff Bag:
Driver: Callaway FT-IQ 9.5 Stiff
Irons: Ping G5 4-P
Wedges: Vokey Spin Milled 56*, Cleveland bent to 49*
Putter: Scotty Cameron California Monterey
Ball: Srizon Z-Star Yellow
Range: SkyCaddie 2.5

I wish a bunch of you would go buy and play these so they will end up on lostgolfballs.com LOLOL

Oh wait if they work as advertised not many will end up there! LOL

In my SasQuatch carry bag.
909D2 9.5* (Aldila Voodo Shaft)
FT 3W 15* (Fujikura E370 Shaft Stiff Flex)
FT Hybrid 21* Nuetral (Fujikura Fit On M Hybrid Stiff Flex)
FT Hybrid 24* Nuetral (Fujikura Fit On M Hybrid Stiff Flex)Irons: X22 Tour 5 thru PW (True Temper Dynamic Gold S300) 2* upright (also...

I bought a sleeve of these to use in the next tournament.

They pwn.
Driver: Adams 9032LS 9.5* - 45" - Aldila RIP Alpha 60S
3 Wood: Adams FAST 10 15* - 43" - Aldila Wasabi 70S
2-Iron: Mizuno Fli-Hi 18* - DGS300 
Irons: Mizuno MP-68 3-PW - DGS300
Wedges: Mizuno MPT-11 54* and 60*Putter: PING Redwood Anser Black Nickel 340g, 34"Ball: Titleist ProV1Bag: Mizuno...

• 1 month later...
Just played a round on a course that was hosting a US Open qualifier, and the rough showed it... These little bad boys are easy to see 300 yards away in the rough... no searching, easy to ID your ball! The cover lasted 18 holes and doesn't even look played... couple scuffs that's it. I have a new ball, simply because of the color, other companies will catch on. The standard white ball has so much competition, the "Tour Yellow" is in a class of itself!

909D2 - 10.5º
909 F2 3 wood15º
AP 2 3-PW PX 5.5
52º Black Nickle and 60º oil can Both Spin Milled
reg 588 56º White Ice Rossie Z Star Tour YELLOWSG3

I've been trying to find a sleeve of these locally but haven't any one that has them for sale. I'll probably just break down and spend the $40 in a few weeks if I still can't find a sleeve.

Syncro bag
Superfast Burner 9.5° S driver
G5 4-PW irons
Burner '08 22° 4h
53° wedge 56° wedge iN Li'l Wack-E putter PD Long ballSlowly working on upgrading my old bargain bin clubs.

A local pro shop had a dozen for $36 - they perform and are easy to see. Sold!

(I still like the Penta a bit better)

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

I thought I heard somewhere that the yellow color is supposed to help putting. No idea why, anyone else heard this?

Cleveland Launcher DST 10.5*

Ping G15 17*

Mizuno MP-53 4-PW with GS-95

Mizuno MPT-11 Black Nickel 52* and 58* with GS-95

Ping Redwood Anser

I put these into play the other day... I typically play the One Tour and bought a box of Tour Yellow ZStar online - but the balls inside were ZStarX. I played these anyway, as I didn't want to pay for return shipping. Love the way that they look in the air as they are so easy to track. I don't mind seeing the yellow when at address, and actually after chipping and putting around with the ball for a while, feel like I got a good feel for it. The One Tour is softer, but I was able to play the ZStarX pretty well. I will definitely be giving the TY ZStar a shot soon, and hopefully they will ship the correct ones this time.

I haven't played a Srixon ball since the Z-URS and had my hole in one with the original AD333, but I love innovation, and being able to see a ball in the rough from the tee is a relief at times when you don't find the fairway...

WITB
Driver: Ping G425 - Aldila Rogue White
3 Wood: Nike SQ Dymo 
Hybrid: TaylorMade SLDR
Irons: Ping i525 Retro Spec
Wedges: Cleveland 588 (52,56,60)
Putter: Never Compromise Gamble Limited Custom

Balls: Titleist ProV1

I like the Tour Yellows. I find them to be easier to spot both in the air and on the ground that white golfballs. Id personally like to see golf companies offering balls in an assortment of colors. White is fine, but its kind of bland and boring. Just because, "tradition" says that golf balls should be white, that doesnt make it so.
Pinnacle also recently started making yellow balls too, so there must be some demand for them.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Definitely try them if I can find a sleeve. Yellow contrasts very well against other colours for the human eye so I'm not surprised they're easier to spot. Someone mentioned finding one amongst daffodils...now that would be fun....not

Obviously all the orange and yellow balls of yore were rock hard...

You'd be surprised. I remember playing wound ProStaff Balata 90s in fluorescent orange one Summer years back. Not remotely rock hard. I think Jerry Pate used to play them (100s presumably) on Tour as well.

Home Course: Wollaton Park GC, Nottingham, U.K.

Ping G400, 9°, Alta CB 55S | Ping G400, 14°, Alta CB 65S | Adams Pro Dhy 18°, 21°, 24°, KBS Hybrid S | Ping S55 5-PW, TT DGS300 | Vokey 252-08, DGS200 | Vokey 256-10 (bent to 58°), DGS200 | Ping Sigma G Anser, 34" | Vice Pro Plus

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I thought I heard somewhere that the yellow color is supposed to help putting. No idea why, anyone else heard this?

It might just be an extension of the claim they make that the yellow/green color has a "calming" effect.

there was a big thread on this.

I remember a time (dating myself here) when all tennis balls were white. In 1972, someone introduced a yellow tennis ball. Most people said they would never play them, too different. They'd stick with white tennis balls, thank you. When is the last time you saw a white tennis ball? At least 30 years.

Tennis in 1972 was at least as conservative as golf is today, yet the yellow ball caught on. Interesting note on why the yellow tennis ball caught on. The US Tennis Federation found that yellow tennis balls were easier for fans to see, both live and on televison (and thus increased event attendance and tv ratings). It will be interesting to see if the powers that be in golf find that yellow golf balls are also more fan friendly. Would they mandate the use of yellow balls for the same reason tennis eventually did?

Instight XTD A30S Driver 10.5° ($69 new ebay)
Instight XTD A3OS Fairway Wood 15° ($45 new ebay)
Fybrid 19.5° ($35 new ebay)
Ci7 4-GW ($175 new Rock Bottom Golf via ebay)
53° & 58° 8620 DD wedges ($75 each new PGA Superstore) C2-DF ($35 new Rock Bottom Golf) Riley TT stand bag ($7 n...

hey if there isn't a performance difference between the z-star and the Tour yellow z-star, i'll be gaming the Tour Yellow, much easier to see in the rough.. though i don't buy that there is an appreciable benefit from the TY with putting... I also like that most people on the course think i am playing a range ball, and are suprised when I am constatnly putting for birdie with the "range ball"!

909D2 - 10.5º
909 F2 3 wood15º
AP 2 3-PW PX 5.5
52º Black Nickle and 60º oil can Both Spin Milled
reg 588 56º White Ice Rossie Z Star Tour YELLOWSG3

I remember a time (dating myself here) when all tennis balls were white. In 1972, someone introduced a yellow tennis ball. Most people said they would never play them, too different. They'd stick with white tennis balls, thank you. When is the last time you saw a white tennis ball? At least 30 years.

I had no idea. Given the color of tennis surfaces, there is no reason a golf ball should be any different.

In the Bag: TaylorMade R11 TP - TaylorMade R7 TP TS - Cleveland Halo - TM TP 2009 3-PW - Vokey SM 52 - Vokey SM 60 - Rife Barbados CS - ProV1x 

On the Computer:  Analyzr Pro 

It will be interesting to see if the powers that be in golf find that yellow golf balls are also more fan friendly. Would they mandate the use of yellow balls for the same reason tennis eventually did?

I dont think you will see them, "mandate" them, but if the yellow continues to be popular, it could replace white and simply be the color ball that tour pros start playing.

hey if there isn't a performance difference between the z-star and the Tour yellow z-star, i'll be gaming the Tour Yellow, much easier to see in the rough.. though i don't buy that there is an appreciable benefit from the TY with putting... I also like that most people on the course think i am playing a range ball, and are suprised when I am constatnly putting for birdie with the "range ball"!

There isnt. Theyre the exact same ball, just a different color.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Note: This thread is 4535 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!