IGNORED

15 year old son shoots 2 over for 9 holes

ks8829
Note: This thread is 5041 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I am bragging, my 15 year old son, playing varsity golf shot 2 over for 9 holes. The summary 2 birdies, 2 boogies and a double boogie on the last hole with a three putt.

He was the unoffical medalist but unfortuately he was the alternate and his score did not count, otherwise the team would have won the match. He said he's ready to take me on!

Proud dad, I better go out and practice.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

Awesome! Now go beat his booty during your next round!! LOL Thanks for sharing! ;)

In my SasQuatch carry bag.
909D2 9.5* (Aldila Voodo Shaft)
FT 3W 15* (Fujikura E370 Shaft Stiff Flex)
FT Hybrid 21* Nuetral (Fujikura Fit On M Hybrid Stiff Flex)
FT Hybrid 24* Nuetral (Fujikura Fit On M Hybrid Stiff Flex)Irons: X22 Tour 5 thru PW (True Temper Dynamic Gold S300) 2* upright (also...

that's a wicked story and good for your son - can't wait to share the same w my daughter (she's only 2 !! haha!)
that's a great start for him too - I was a 2 index when i was 16....so he's on the right track!!!
judging by your's, it sounds like he has a great teacher!
"My swing is homemade - but I have perfect flaws!" - Me

Congrats....You should be proud. That will give him a boost. Hopefully he is not the alternate the next time out.

Driver.... Nickent DX Evolver V2 65 stiff /07 Burner YS6+ stiff .
4 wood..... Nickent 4DX
Hybrids.....Tour Edge Geomax 22* 25* 28*
Irons.....TM R7 6-P + AW,SW,LW
Putter.....Odyssey White Hot XG 2 BallBag.......Callaway ORG 14 A.L.I.C.E. Ball........Bridgestone e6 / Srixon Soft Feel...

That's awesome. Congrats to you and your son.

I remember how proud my dad was of me when I told him my first solid score (4 over 40 in a match). Honestly, that's part of the reason I'm so dedicated to golf. He's been just as proud of my golf game as my grades since I started playing. Unfortunately there are more scorecards than tests on the fridge, but he still gets a big smile on his face when I tell him about my rounds.

Driver: Nike VRS Covert 

3 Wood: Taylormade Rocketballz

Hybrid: Nike Sumo 18*

Irons: Titleist AP1 4-PW

Wedges: Cleveland CG12 60* 56* & 52* 

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 1.5

Thats awesome, my 10 year old twins are starting competition golf (stroke play tournaments) this summer, in May. Crossing fingers and hoping they will cope with it :)

In my bag:Driver: 910D2, 10.25˚, Aldila RIP, Fairway: 904F, 15˚, YS-6FW+ Stiff, Hybrid: Titleist 910H, Irons: S-58, 4-PW, DG S300, Wedges: Wishon 52˚, 56˚, Putter: Odyssey Black series i 1

played 9 holes with my 15 year old son and his friend.

Fleming course at Harding Park, San Francisco.
par 30
2165 yards course

My son shot
10 over
14 putts
3/8 up and downs or 37.5%
1 green hit
1 fairway hit out of 3 fairways

I shot
9 over
15 putts (missed 3 easy putts)
4/8 up and downs or 50%
0 greens
3 fairways hit out of 3 fairways

He out drove me by 15 yards on a driving hole number 7.

Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

ProV-1

My youngest son just turned 16, but last summer he was shooting high 70's - low 80's. For only being his second year of competitive golf, that's not too bad. The problem is he's playing against kids who've been playing since they were little, and are shooting around par or better.
But he has a lot of potential, it will just depend on how committed he wants to get. I always try to encourage him by telling him he's better than I was at that age. He knows I played in college, so hopefully he'll keep wanting to improve.
play4him

Driver: Titleist 905R
3-Wood: Titleist 904F
Hybrid: Titleist 585 19 DegreeIrons: TitleistWedges (PW,Gap,SW,Lob): TitleistPutter: Bettinardi C04

Good for him! You should be proud. I play golf with both my kids as much as I can they are both freshmen in college now so I don't get to play with them as much as I like but they both kick my butt when we do. I have twins a boy and a girl and my daughter beats my son and I every time we go out and my son beats me. My daughter shoots in the mid to low 70's, more low than mid, and my son shoots in the mid to upper 70's and I usually bring up the rear shooting upper 70's to low 80's. Enjoy the time with your son as much as you can it flies by so quick.

I told my son that he can shoot under par if he works on his short game. He's plays year round basketball for 7 years and knows what its like to compete and put in the hard work to get to his level of play in basketball. The question is does he want to put in the time for golf? Next year is Varsity basketball and I will be suprise if he makes the team. He has heart but lacks the height and skills to be at that level.

He tasted whats its like to shoot 2 over for 9 holes and has the potential to shoot par or under if he puts in the hardwork to get there. we have to wait and see......

He's playing 18 holes in a high school tournament on Monday has the 5th spot low score the other day.

Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

ProV-1

That's awesome. Congrats to you and your son.

Thats exactly how my dad is!

Live, Breath, Golf.
My Home
FT-3 8.5* Driver
X22's
2i Hybrid 3i Hybrid 55* Wedge 60* Wedge PutterWhen Tiger puts spin on the ball, the ball does not hit the green and then spin back, the ball hits the green and the world spins forward.

My son was choosen to be the 5th person to play in a tournament yesterday at Diablo Country Club. He shot 110 for 18 holes. his team shot the following scores:

six other students shot over 100. He said the course was not particularly difficult but it was his first time playing. I asked him how he felt and he said he was embarrassed for how he played. One hole he scored a 12 with two balls out of bounds. 6 strokes per holes on average.

I did ask him Sunday if he wanted to hit some balls at the driving range to prepare for the tournament and he said no. I think it was a good experience for him to participate and to experience everything.

Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

ProV-1

The summary 2 birdies, 2 boogies and a double boogie on the last hole with a three putt.

You should be teaching him to finish like a champion. That double bogey was a result of "OMG, I'm even going into #9!!!"

Congrats, though for real! I cannot wait until the day my son beats me on the course. He's six months old.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

He played 9 holes in a match and shot 50 for 14 over.

Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

ProV-1

My son shot a 78 in practice yesterday in 47 degrees weather, so he knows he can do it. It's a matter of concentration throughout the whole round for him. He has the physical part of the game down well enough to shoot in the 70's, but the mental part is where his test will be.
play4him

Driver: Titleist 905R
3-Wood: Titleist 904F
Hybrid: Titleist 585 19 DegreeIrons: TitleistWedges (PW,Gap,SW,Lob): TitleistPutter: Bettinardi C04

I am playing 18 holes with him this weekend. He has another tournament this Monday, playing 18 holes.

Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

ProV-1

Note: This thread is 5041 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!