IGNORED

Best Driver in the last 5 years?

Note: This thread is 5156 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

TM Burner is a great club to have....It is too easy to play...Maybe not the best for shaping shots, but certainly the best on distance and forgiveness... 07 used burner $70 or 08 used burner $109

I also like the r7 Limited....you can get a few for under $130 used r7 limited $130

I've only played TM drivers, and I really like to sound and feel of them. And fortunately for us, since they come out with a new driver quicker than an underwear change, you can find relatively new ones a great prices.
It's the indian, not the arrow! But it sure is nice to have good arrows!!!!!

Driver : r7 Limited 9.5* Matrix Ozik X-Con 5.5 (Reg) | Fairway: 906F4 15.5* (Reg) | Hybrids: DWS Baffler 3/R 20* (Reg) & Baffler Rail H 4-H 22* (Reg) | Irons: AP1 5-G (Reg) | Wedges: SW - SM56-10 & LW - SM60-04 | Putter:.....

The '08 Tour Burner and TP models along with the ADAMS A4 9015D Proto put out some of the highest ball speeds according to independent testing.

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

The '08 Tour Burner and TP models along with the ADAMS A4 9015D Proto put out some of the highest ball speeds according to independent testing.

Amazing since the 08 tour burner is considered a total dog in the TM world. Even the 09 burner was not as good as the original 07 Burner...

OBTW I should have said 07 Burner TP... the non TP had that closed face that was just hideous.

Lightweight Cart Bag
Scotty Cameron Putter (several models unfortunately)studio stock 4
AP2 Irons 4-PW
ProV1X Balls
2 and 3 TP Rescue07 Burner TP 9.560, 56, 52 CG 12 WedgesOld man CartSi vis pacem, para bellum

Where is this TM world? Maybe that's another name for Bizzarro world. There is Much love on the boards especially for the TP model and I've owned both.

-Landon

Where is this TM world? Maybe that's another name for Bizzarro world. There is Much love on the boards especially for the TP model and I've owned both.

I agree 100% I own the TM Tour Burner TP and like it infinitely better than the 07' Burner TP and the R7 Ltd that I owned. That's why they're gone and the TB TP is still in the bag. And one of the guys in my group replaced his 07 Burner with a regular Tour Burner at the end of 08' and hasn't regretted it for a second and is not looking to replace it any time soon.

My Tools of Ignorance:

Driver: Ping I20 9.5*
Woods/Hybrids: Cobra AMP 3W and 3 HY

Irons: Cobra AMP 4-GW

Wedges: Callaway Forged Copper 56* and 60*

Putters: Scotty Cameron  35" (Several of the flow neck blade variety)

Ball: Bridgestone B330-RX and Srixon Z-Star

Bag: Nike Performance Carry

Thank Ya for the witness King!!!

-Landon

Taylormade 07 Burner for sure.

In my Xtreme Sport bag
'09 Burner 9.5*
F50 15* 3 Wood
Burner 18* 5 Wood
MX-19 4-GW SV Tour 54.12 & 58.08 White Hot 2-Ball SRT

You can also add the GEEK DotComThis to the list.

-Landon

TaylorMade Tour Burner. Ball flies off the club and it looks way better than the 07 and 09 models.
In My cleveland.gif Executive Cart Bag:
Driver: taylormade.gifTour Burner 10.5* | cleveland.gifHiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Woods: cleveland.gifLauncher Comp 3W | Hibore 2i Hybrid
Irons: mizuno.gifMP-60 3-PW | cleveland.gifCG4 Tour 3-PW | Wedges: cleveland.gifCG10 56* and 60*
Putter: odyssey.gifWhite Hot XG #9 | bushnell.gifPinseeker Medalist Rangefinder | First Coast Golf Courses

It may, not sure... The only complaint that I heard of the FT3 was that it sounds plasticky. I owned the ERC fusion a while back and It was WAY long (probably longest driver to date), but it DID sound like crap. Im not lookiing for that funky sound again

I used to have the G5. I did like it, but it wasnt right for me (ha, that was probably 5 or 6 drivers ago)

Ive never hit the XLS.. I hit a buddy's original Cleveland Hi-bore. It was crazy long, but owning it scares me with the funny look at address

Had the X460 Tour and hated it!,

FT-5
TM R7 425 TP
905R

Seem to be high on the list

Ive never owned a TM driver. It is crazy how many and how often they come out with new drivers

G10 (VS Proto 65 X) or 905S (speeder X) / X Tour 3W (VS Proto S) / Adams Idea Tour Proto 18* (VS Proto S) / S59 Tour, Z-Z65 Cushin (D2) / Mizuno MP-T 51-06 , 56-10, / Miz TP Mills #6 ~or~ Cleveland BRZ #5

At that budget, try the Nickent Evolver 4DX. (see my other posts...best club i've EVER bought i think--no joking). Previously had a love-hate relationship with an '07 Burner -- mighty long, but mighty crooked for me.

Driver: Cleveland Classic 270, 10.5*
Fairway Woods: Adams Speedline LP (3 & 5)
Hybrids: Wilson Staff Fybrids 21*, 24*, UST V2 stiff
Irons: Callaway X-20 Tour, 5-PW, Rifle Project-X (flighted) 6.0
Wedges: Cleveland CG15 DSG 52* & 58* +/- 56* Niblick

Putter: Yes! Amy

pretty big fan of the 907 D2 (shaft combo in my sig as well)
I have nver been so confident on the tee......well i wasnt until i got the GD shaft
it's amazing what a shaft can do
"My swing is homemade - but I have perfect flaws!" - Me

Check out my post on "FT-9 opinions".... I'm keeping my FT-5 because it's a great driver!!
In my Callaway Warbird stand bag:
Ping G15 10.5* Graphite Design YS-6+ S
Ping G15 4W 17* Aldila Serrano S
Adams IDEA A7 19* UST Mamiya AXIVcore S
TM 2009 Burners 4-PW / Titleist SM Vokeys 50, 56 & 62 / TM Rossa Daytona 1 Ghost / Titleist Pro V1

taylormade burner 07 tp and tour burner tp....both great sticks with great stock shaft offerings.

In my Diablo Edge Tour/ Titliest Stand Bag:
Driver: Nike VR Pro 8.5* w/ Myazaki 43g X
3 Wood: Nike VR Pro II 13.5* w/ Diamana Whiteboard 83g X
5 Wood: Cobra S9-1 Pro 18* w/ Diamana Whiteboard 83g X

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 21* w/ Prolaunch Red X
Irons: 4-7 Titleist 712 CB, 8-9 712 MB w/ TT Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: 46* Vokey SM4, 54* Vokey SM4, 60* TMade ATV

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Belly 43"

Ping G10 would be your best bet.

I agree completely.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

At the $75 price, you could find a Cobra

SS350
SZ400
LD Speed

You should be able to find any of those on ebay for about $75.

My favorite is the Cobra L5V, but i paid much more than $75 for it. It has the adjustable shaft (1* closed or neutral).

Dude, Not my question, Im a shaft junky too.... Drivers Please

Then you've probably read all the driver reviews too. Have a glance at the current "rate my sticks" thread and note the drivers in the mid and low hdcp players' bags. Some good options there.

Personally (because that's all this is about) I like the 4 drivers I rotate (PING G10, Callaway BB Warbird, Callaway Hawkeye, Nickent Hyperforged). They're all different and they all work well. Maybe I just like their stock stiff shafts and the Lamkin mid size grips, but that's another topic.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Note: This thread is 5156 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!