IGNORED

Hardest Hole On Your Course?

James_Black
Note: This thread is 5151 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

For us at DeBell Golf Club it would have to be #10 which plays roughly 400 yards uphill to a pretty small green. Lateral hazard all along the right and OB left.

http://www.debellgolf.com/10.htm

For handicapping purposes it's actually #8 which is a pretty short par 5 but there is OB left and a giant mountain on the right which eats balls. Hit the ball too far or too straight and you can easily end up OB since the fairway slopes left pretty dramatically. Hit a cut and you end up along the mountainside with absolutely no shot at the green. Then there is the green which slopes severely back to front and right to left. Go long and it's an automatic bogey or worse.

http://www.debellgolf.com/8.htm

Driver: Titleist 907D2 9.5 Stiff
Hybrid: Adams Pro Black 18*
Irons: Mizuno MP60 (4-PW)
Wedges: Vokey SM 50/54/58/62
Putter: Yes! CallieBall: TM PentaHome course: DeBell Golf Club http://www.debellgolf.com/

For us at DeBell Golf Club it would have to be #10 which plays roughly 400 yards uphill to a pretty small green. Lateral hazard all along the right and OB left.

http://www.debellgolf.com/10.htm

For handicapping purposes it's actually #8 which is a pretty short par 5 but there is OB left and a giant mountain on the right which eats balls. Hit the ball too far or too straight and you can easily end up OB since the fairway slopes left pretty dramatically. Hit a cut and you end up along the mountainside with absolutely no shot at the green. Then there is the green which slopes severely back to front and right to left. Go long and it's an automatic bogey or worse.

http://www.debellgolf.com/8.htm

Driver: Titleist 907D2 9.5 Stiff
Hybrid: Adams Pro Black 18*
Irons: Mizuno MP60 (4-PW)
Wedges: Vokey SM 50/54/58/62
Putter: Yes! CallieBall: TM PentaHome course: DeBell Golf Club http://www.debellgolf.com/

timacuan in lake mary florida.

Driver: Taylormade R7
Wood: taylormade burner 3 wood
Hybrids: Jack Nicklaus 3 hybrid
Irons: Taylormade R9 TP 3-pw
Wedges: Taylormade r9 56* & Titliest Vokey 60* Putter: Odyssey WhiteHot XG #7 Ball: Nike one platinum & Bridgestone E6

there's 2 of them that I consider to be equally difficult at my home course:
There's no exact yardages now b/c the course is currently being extended & tee boxes are changing..but
Francis Byrne
#12: 448 Par 4 straight up hill & normally plays into the wind. Pretty tight fairway the closer you get to the green & the FW slopes down to the right.... trees on both sides. The FW is sloped enough that your ball will run down the hill onto the rough of #11... you're supposed to aim left b/c the ball is below your feet...but tons of times I've aimed left and my ball's been knocked down by trees.
Even after monster tee shots, you're still 170 out b/c of the slope of the hill....
Green isn't too tight..protected by a bunker on the right side...and if you fly the green...you could hit the cart path and end up on #13, #15 or anything like that.

#15: 440 up hill dog leg left. you can bomb a tee shot here and unless you work the ball with a draw...you're dead in the woods... to the right you're dead..and if you turn the ball over too much, you're dead in those woods. FW slopes to the left....green is heavily protected by 2 bunkers on the left... to the right it's dead in the trees and the back of the green is woods....short is ok... but it's almost a 2 tier green...if the flag is playing back left....after a good tee shot, you'll be left with a 5 or 6 iron from 170 out...and it's a pretty hard green so i've bounced off too many times!
DJ Yoshi
Official DJ: Rutgers Football
Boost Mobile Tour
In My Bag
HiBoreXL 9.5 White Board D63 Stiff Exotics CB2 5 Wood, Exotics CB3 3 Wood MP-60 5.5 Flighted Shafts 54 & Cleveland CG-10 60 Newport 2

Mine is #6. 555 yard par 5 from the whites, 562 from the blues and 660 from the tips. I play from the whites and it is a 3 shot hole with no chance for me to go at it in 2. The second shot is played from a hook lie (for righties) with a swamp left and must be played low and between two HUGE 40 foot tall trees over a creek. Absolutley brutal. I can't imagine playing that hole from the tips. I just checked and my stroke average on this hole is 6.3!

Played this hole today and hit my driver 250 down the middle. I hit my 3h into the power lines whcih cross the hole on my second shot which gave me an 8 iron into the green. Two putted for par. Perfect hole excpet for hitting the power lines. I noticed that with a good drive the two trees do not come into play on the second shot.

My current "home" course is pretty easy, but the par 5 3rd hole at Oak Creek Golf Club in Greenville is pretty tough. It's about 570-580-ish from the tips (when they're all the way back). Trees left the whole way. OB right, but it's not terribly close. But the left half of the fairway is totally useless because of the sharp dogleg left that starts at about 160 yards from the hole. If you try to hit your 2nd past the elbow of the dogleg, the fairway only has about 15-20 yards of useful width (trees on both sides). And if you don't hit it past the elbow, you're hitting a 7-iron or more to a postage stamp, turtle shell green that is difficult to get up-and-down on when you miss. I usually try to drive it at the right edge of the fairway, pull out something that will put me in the 100-120 range, and then aim for the center of the green and hope to 2-putt. It takes 5 good shots to make par. Going for it in 2 from the tips isn't an option if you don't drive it 310.

What's in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag:

Driver - Taylormade Superfast 2.0 TP 10.5
3 Wood - Taylormade Burner 15* REAX
Hybrid - Adams Idea Pro 18* GD YSQ-HL

Irons - Callaway X-18 4-PW

GW - Cleveland 588 51*

SW - Cleveland CG 12 56*

LW - Cleveland CG15 60*

Putter - Cameron Studio Style Newport 2

Bushnell Medalist rangefinder

The 9th hole of the course I've been playing a lot is a 500-yard par 5 that double-doglegs through a valley. The second shot is into the side of a steep slope, and the green is steeply elevated and blind unless you reach the bend of the second dogleg.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

For me there's no question: 18th 415y par 4 (usually) into the wind. You've just played 3 holes up the hill and, even assuming a 250y drive in the fairway (which is optimistic for most!), you are then faced with the choice of either laying up to, or trying to carry approx 170y over, the moat which guards the front of the green. There's barely 10y between the back edge of the water and the front of the green, so even if you do carry, unless you can stop the ball effectively you run a real risk of running off through the back of the green. All this at the end of your round, too, when you're tired/not at your sharpest mentally. Great finishing hole, though.

Motocaddy S3
MX700 10.5° Driver; Aldila VS Proto 65R
MX700 5W; Aldila VS Proto 85R
MX700 20°, 23°; Exsar HS4R
MX300 5-PW; FST KBS Tour R MP-T 51°, 56°, 60°; Dynalite XP Gold S300Bettinardi BlackCarbon BC1Bridgestone e6+ balls

The 9th hole of the course I've been playing a lot is a 500-yard par 5 that double-doglegs through a valley.

haha, this does look difficult. it would be hard enough to drive a golf cart down this hole let alone steer a ball down that fairway. good luck. your stroke avg?

callaway.gif FT-i 9*
nike.gif CPR Hybrid 18*
titleist.gif 735cm 3-PW
nike.gif SV 56*, 60*
odyssey.gif White Hot #8 

Home course number 13, par 5.
Forced carries of the tee and into the green. Bunkers make layups target golf!

Green is mean. Undulated and fast.

Eagled the hole last Tuesday when my approach dropped in. Pure blind luck!!!!

909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

Was our number 9 hole but they just changed the nines around and it is the closing hole now. 450 yard par four, first 250 yards are up a pretty steep hill, plays into the prevailing wind, there is a steep drop off all the way down the right side of the fairway. Second shot is usually blind unless you bomb it up and over the hill. I approach it as a par 5.

The other hard one #5 250 yard down hill par 3. Plays into the wind usually. If you hit the green you will roll off and down a steep hill towards a hazard. It has a hump in front of the green that does not allow balls to roll on. Pitching on is no easy matter either because you are pitching down hill and again the green is hard to hold. Also has OB on the left so any type of hook, is made worse because of hitting down the hill and usually ends up OB.

In my SasQuatch carry bag.
909D2 9.5* (Aldila Voodo Shaft)
FT 3W 15* (Fujikura E370 Shaft Stiff Flex)
FT Hybrid 21* Nuetral (Fujikura Fit On M Hybrid Stiff Flex)
FT Hybrid 24* Nuetral (Fujikura Fit On M Hybrid Stiff Flex)Irons: X22 Tour 5 thru PW (True Temper Dynamic Gold S300) 2* upright (also...

Played this hole today and hit my driver 250 down the middle. I hit my 3h into the power lines whcih cross the hole on my second shot which gave me an 8 iron into the green. Two putted for par. Perfect hole excpet for hitting the power lines. I noticed that with a good drive the two trees do not come into play on the second shot.

At our course if you hit power lines you are forced to re-tee/re-hit.

In my SasQuatch carry bag.
909D2 9.5* (Aldila Voodo Shaft)
FT 3W 15* (Fujikura E370 Shaft Stiff Flex)
FT Hybrid 21* Nuetral (Fujikura Fit On M Hybrid Stiff Flex)
FT Hybrid 24* Nuetral (Fujikura Fit On M Hybrid Stiff Flex)Irons: X22 Tour 5 thru PW (True Temper Dynamic Gold S300) 2* upright (also...

Note: This thread is 5151 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!