IGNORED

Srixon?

Note: This thread is 4843 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

prov1 > Srixon ad333 > bridgestone b330s =D

Two different types of price levels there big guy...

...If you are going to compare the Pro-V1 to a Srixon ball, you have to compare it to the Z-Star not the ad333

:cleveland:         Classic 10.5° w/ Miyazaki C.Kua Limited X-Stiff
:cleveland:         Launcher FL 3 Wood 17° w/ Miyazaki C. Kua Stiff
:cleveland:         Mashie 3H 20.5° w/ Miyazaki C. Kua Stiff
:mizuno:   MP-57 4 - PW w/ Dynamic Gold S300
:cleveland:         588 - 52° 56° 60°
:scotty_cameron:          Studio Newport 2
:srixon:              Z-Star Tour Yellow 

fine then =P
prov1 > z-star > b330s . Happy =D

07 Burner regular flex. (my dads-doing wonders with it) :D
supersteel burner steel shaft strong 3 wood
R7 draw 5 wood
Rapture 4-pw uw. Red dot. <3
56 deg sw60 deg Cg14 white steel two ball putter penta golf shoes. =D

I'll play a Z-Star or a Z-Star X over a ProV1 or V1x anyday. Feels better I think, and the durability is about the same, and better even with the Tour Yellows....don't ask me why. All in all a great golf ball maker and have definitely made a fan outta me.

Same here. The Z-Star is every bit as good as the ProV1 and is actually a little less expensive.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

what are the main differences between the prov1 and the prov1x.. and then zstar and zstarx.

:cobra: Speed ld-f 10.5 Stiff
:snake_eyes: 3 & 5 Woods
:adams:A4 3 hybrid
:bridgestone: J33 Forged Irons 4-pw
:ping: 50th Aniv. Karsten Ansr Putter56*, 60* wedges

what are the main differences between the prov1 and the prov1x.. and then zstar and zstarx.

Pro V1 is more for spin, Pro V1x will give you a slight edge in distance off the tee. Basically trading a little distance for spin.

Pro V1 is more for spin, Pro V1x will give you a slight edge in distance off the tee. Basically trading a little distance for spin.

Is that the same difference as between the Z-Star and the Z-Star X?

Ben

This - love my Pro V1x. My buddy had some of those Yellow Srixons and gave me a sleeve and while I had no issue playing them, there is something about them I don't like. Whatever they use to seal the outer later of the ball gives if a "plastic" look where you can tell there is a layer there covering the urethane. Purely a cosmetic thing, but it "cheapens" the look of them to me.

I'd rather play a 3 stripe range ball than a Srixon, for that very reason, lol

• 9 months later...

Originally Posted by Bug Bunny

I play the AD333 for the price and like them pretty well. Also, I putt with the new Z-Star yellow and LOVE them just can't afford to play them exclusively right now! HA. I have played the tri-speed and would put it just above the AD333, for that price they'll be worth it for sure!!!!

not trying to be an arse, but you must finish the hole using the same ball you started with. You can only change your ball after the hole is finished!

ZL Driver 10.5 Voodoo stiff shaft
F speed 3 wood stiff shaft
909 H Rescue
AP2 4-pw KBS Tour Stiff shafts
Forged 55 SV 58 SM 60 Tour action 64 Newport 1.member of www.shirlandgolfclub.co.uk

It's all about personal preference. If you like Srixon, then play it! I myself like Bridgestone, so I play it!!

Cleveland Hibore XLS Driver: Nike Ignite2 Irons: Adams SW and LW: Odyssey White Hot Mallet: Bridgestone e6 and TreoSoft Balls etc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BogeyGolfer View Post Srixon golf balls any good? In particular TriSpeed? I can get 2dozen for $30, If its a quality ball I might give them a shot!

I have played the Trispeed Tour balls. They're good balls if you ask me. Very affordable, and great quality. I have since switched to the Bridgestone B330RX balls, because Bridgestone balls are the #1 balls in golf!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titleist_ProV1x View Post
The Srixon Z-Star & Z-Star X are superior to Pro V1's in many people's eyes..

Titleist #1 Ball in golf ........ enough said

"Titleist... The most overrated, over produced, over marketed ball in golf. Hahahaha

And for the record I DO NOT like Pro-V1's. Give me a Bridgestone, Srixon or even the new Taylormade Penta TP anyday over that thing.

In my Ogio bag.

Titleist 910D2 driver, Adams irons & hybrid, Callaway wedges & a Nike Method putter.

And a yellow ball.

The great irony of life: "If nobody gets out alive, what's holding you back!?"

Quote:

"Titleist... The most overrated, over produced, over marketed ball in golf. Hahahaha

And for the record I DO NOT like Pro-V1's. Give me a Bridgestone, Srixon or even the new Taylormade Penta TP anyday over that thing.

Titleist didn't renew their contract with you this year, I guess.

People may have preferences in golf balls for whatever reasons, but I have never heard anyone say that ProV's are overrated.  Good troll, though.

The Golf industry has made huge strides in producing a medium golf ball imo. I mean It used to be hard to compare any of the premium balls to anything that wasn't. Obviously you'll always have those "crap" balls. Maxfli, cheap Nike's and Top Flights. Basically anything sold at Target or Walmart. Hahaha and if I were the guy losing 10 balls a round I would still play those "crappy" balls. Probably the Nike Mojo.

Honestly ProV1's are a very nicely made golf ball. I personally don't like them. They're just too soft for me. I would prefer a different kind of ball. the Srixon Z-star, to me, feels like it has a harder shell. Even though its made the same as the Titleist, it doesn't feel the same. Feels heavier to me as well. For a premium ball I really like the Tayormade Penta TP. Its a rocket off the face of the driver. The Bridgestone B330RX is what I play, but that's because its the best all around ball for me. The Srixon Tri-speed Tour was really nice, but the Bridgestone was just a bit better. I don't create "a lot" of spin, but just enough. Once I figure out the spin maybe ill go to a softer ball full time like the Penta TP ball.

Bridgestone is remarkable in the sense that they have revolutionized golf ball "fitting." Used to be once you stopped losing more than 3 balls a round you could consciously play a ProV1. Now, you've got to change them out even before you lose them because the grooves on the newer clubs just eat them up! I honestly go thru about 4 balls a round, and I only lose one maybe two off the tee. Haha, the others are so chewed up they don't putt straight. Ive found that when I find ProV1's and game them they are the worst in durability.

In my Ogio bag.

Titleist 910D2 driver, Adams irons & hybrid, Callaway wedges & a Nike Method putter.

And a yellow ball.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmonious View Post

Quote:

Titleist didn't renew their contract with you this year, I guess.

People may have preferences in golf balls for whatever reasons, but I have never heard anyone say that ProV's are overrated.  Good troll, though.

Troll huh? Never thought to ask why? Just assumed that because I didn't fit into the mold or was a Titleist lemming that my comments were too "out there" for you? Hahaha, some people...... Just follow the crowd...

I also hate Taylormade! Uh oh...... Now what will happen? Will the golf gods strike me dead with a rusty Ping putter? Hahaha

Seriously though, the Taylormade Penta TP is, I THINK , the best premium soft ball out on the market. I would put money on it against the ProV1. Is that crazy enough for you? Hahaha

No hard feelings, just seemed like an ignorant comment is all.

In my Ogio bag.

And a yellow ball.

My son is not only a better golfer then I am as he is #2 on his high school varsity golf team but he is also a pro v ball snob. Since he relies on his sponsor to supply him with balls ( me ) I made him a bet he couldn't actually tell the difference in balls and that it was simply marketing that had him convinced of the superior performance of a particular ball. So we did a blind test. I teed up 5 different balls so he couldnt see the brand and told him I would buy him 2 dozen pro v balls if he could tell me which one was the pro v. Not only did he fail the first go around, he choose a tailor-made range ball on his second attempt......oh the horror. Lol Now there is nothing wrong with being loyal to a company and buying their product but sometimes it doesn't hurt to take a reality check and ask yourself why. Marketing is a powerful thing. fwiw, I bought him the pro v anyhow , even if it is a mental thing more then a physical thing. If playing the ball you like gives you the confidence or makes you happy then so be it. play the ball and enjoy the game.
  • Upvote 1

When a company makes a club in the USA I will proudly display their brand here. All of mine were made in china by somebody making $2 a day. Shame on you Mr club manufacture.

Originally Posted by Camo

My soon is not only a better golfer then I am as he is #2 on his high school varsity golf team but he is also a pro v ball snob. Since he relies on his sponsor to supply him with balls ( me ) I made him a bet he couldn't actually tell the difference in balls and that it was simply marketing that had him convinced of the superior performance of a particular ball.

So we did a blind test.

I teed up 5 different balls so he couldnt see the brand and told him I would buy him 2 dozen pro v balls if he could tell me which one was the pro v.

Not only did he fail the first go around, he choose a tailor-made range ball on his second attempt......oh the horror. Lol

Now there is nothing wrong with being loyal to a company and buying their product but sometimes it doesn't hurt to take a reality check and ask yourself why. Marketing is a powerful thing.

fwiw, I bought him the pro v anyhow , even if it is a mental thing more then a physical thing. If playing the ball you like gives you the confidence or makes you happy then so be it. play the ball and enjoy the game.

Love it!!! Hahahaha, great attempt! Thumbs up for this post.

In my Ogio bag.

And a yellow ball.

Note: This thread is 4843 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!