IGNORED

Etiquette Paraniod now!!!

Bug Bunny
Note: This thread is 5131 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Agree with others that although the course may allow your wife to be a non-golfing rider, you may get some funny looks from others if you get paired up. If you and your wife don't mind that, don't worry -- just don't be surprised.

I will say i've had some of my most enjoyable rounds when playing solo & paired with random strangers; you sometimes get great conversation and meet interesting folks, but there's usually not too much gabbing to ruin the golf.

If you do choose to go out by yourself with your wife, i'd actually think late afternoon would be the best time; early morning golfers sometimes are the most hardcore group, and they also often book early so they can play fast and not get caught behind the logjam of other groups.

good luck

p.s. should share my story: (although this doesn't apply to your wife as she enjoys riding with you) I did try having my wife ride and drive the cart on one vacation round -- she got bored after 6 holes and I was forced to turn around and drive her all the way back to the clubhouse, and then drive back to rejoin my group, missing a hole. Needless to say, i played cr*ppy. Other players around me were NOT happy either. I love my wife, but now we have a good understanding - golf for me, spa time for her and everyone is happy!

Driver: Cleveland Classic 270, 10.5*
Fairway Woods: Adams Speedline LP (3 & 5)
Hybrids: Wilson Staff Fybrids 21*, 24*, UST V2 stiff
Irons: Callaway X-20 Tour, 5-PW, Rifle Project-X (flighted) 6.0
Wedges: Cleveland CG15 DSG 52* & 58* +/- 56* Niblick

Putter: Yes! Amy

Agree with others that although the course may allow your wife to be a non-golfing rider, you may get some funny looks from others if you get paired up. If you and your wife don't mind that, don't worry -- just don't be surprised.

Man, the way I see it, even if I'm paired with someone else, it's our money we paid to be on the course so I assure you the funny looks won't bother me as I won't notice. I'm going to be all about being on a beautiful course with my beautiful wife. Anyone that can't appreciate that really just doesn't get it!!!

In my Nike SasQuatch Staff Bag:
Driver: Callaway FT-IQ 9.5 Stiff
Irons: Ping G5 4-P
Wedges: Vokey Spin Milled 56*, Cleveland bent to 49*
Putter: Scotty Cameron California Monterey
Ball: Srizon Z-Star Yellow
Range: SkyCaddie 2.5

at my course, i usually play after 2pm and its DEAD out there. i dont see anybody for 2 holes in front or behind me so i play 2 balls. on the other hand, on a nice spring/summer day, 2pm is a great time to go out and play so dont be surprised if you get paired up. the people ive gotten paired up with are really nice so dont worry about joining in on a group. i once played the front 9 with some lady and then she left so i joined up with the 3 some in front of us for the back 9.

oh and regarding the wife thing, when my girlfriend goes out with me on the course, shes playing along with me so i cant really give you advice there, all i know is that my course doesnt allow spectators, people who want to "ride along" have to pay for the round. =[

also, i forgot to add, at my girlfriends country club, the people play relatively quickly and my girlfriend always gets pissed thinking theyre riding up ours, but i tell her, theyre playing quick, were playing at a normal pace so they can wait a couple of minutes to hit

have fun and have a great round

I will say i've had some of my most enjoyable rounds when playing solo & paired with random strangers; you sometimes get great conversation and meet interesting folks, but there's usually not too much gabbing to ruin the golf.

ive had fun rounds playing with strangers as well, and as for the morning golfers, youre right about that, they book early to get theyre stuff done quickly haha

It's been my experience that the "first thing in the morning" crowd are regulars who play a VERY fast game. You might want to let that first set clear out before you get on the course. The best thing to do would be to call the clubhouse and explain your concerns exactlty as you have explained them here -- I am sure they will have the best advice for you.

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

$25 sounds like a lot for someone to ride along, ive had people ride along who werent playing, one course let them ride for free but most will just charge cart fees though i guess their cart fees might be that much where you're going. My friend brought his son along(he's 7) and i think they charged like $5 for insurance for him to ride along but he was small enough that all 3 of us rode in the same cart so we werent using up any availble space. Thats another thing some courses might take into consideration on a busy day is how many carts they have available and making sure they fill all to capacity but if you pay to ride i doubt that would matter. My sister and her fiance went to colorado last year i think and he played at a course out there and she rode along(she doesnt play). I never asked if they charged for her to ride along or how much.

In my bag
Driver-top flite cannon 460 cc 10.5 deg, reg flex
3 Wood-ACUITY GOLF RCX 14°
3h-warrior golf tcp 20°
4h-warrior golf tcp 23°5h-warrior golf tcp 26° 6-pw-AFFINITY / ORLIMAR HT2 SERIES irons steel shafts regular flex56° sw-tour seriesram puttergolf balls-intech beta ti

pics of the wife or it didnt happen.

Seriously.

|Callaway X460 draw-biased Driver|Taylormade Burner 3W|Adams Golf Idea A7 19° Hybrid|Adams Golf Idea Pro Gold 23° hybrid|King Cobra Baffler 29° hybrid|Taylormade Burner 6i|Adams Idea Tech A4OS 7i|Mizuno MP32 8i|Pro Select Blaze II 9i|Callaway Golf Forged Chrome 48° PW|Oncourse Target Series...

Well, I play Kelly Plantation several times a year (my parents have a place in Destin). I played there last week, the course is in great shape!! We always play with some of the local members in the morning...they play during the week and weekends cause they are all retired. So, If you are playing with just your wife, I would recommend playing in the afternoon. During the summer months, you will get offseason rates and twilight rates.

So, If you are playing with just your wife, I would recommend playing in the afternoon. During the summer months, you will get offseason rates and twilight rates.

very true, and i agree. same thing applies for where i play, sometimes the afternoons are so dead i dont have anyone in front or in back of me.

That part right there - don't do that. Ask her nicely to find something else to do for 5 hours.

why would you give this advice? Why would someone ask their wife to not spend time with them? My wife hates golfing, but she loves being on the golf course with me and I love having her there.

In my bag

Driver - c3 bullet 10.5 degree
Woods- c3 bullet 5 wood
Hybrids- 3dx 3 and 4Irons- 3dx 5-pwWedges- Purespin golf tour series gw,sw,lwPutter- antiguaBall - :taylormade: Burner TP

why would you give this advice? Why would someone ask their wife to not spend time with them? My wife hates golfing, but she loves being on the golf course with me and I love having her there.

My opinion/comment, was based on seeing several good intentioned husbands over the years, dragging their wives along. I've seen a few of these "pairings" break down by the back 9, when it was fairly obvious the wife hadn't really thought about how boring this would be after a couple hours - they wanted to be somewhere else. This general deterioration of moods didn't add to the good golf vibe.

But, since there are so many husbands who disagree, maybe there should be a new thread. Guys can weigh in with rave reviews of just having played wonderful feel-good rounds with total strangers (with their non-golfing wives in tow).

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I agree that taking your wife along has to be one of the worst ideas ever. Next you're going to tell us that you really do enjoy going shopping with her and pick up tampons for her at the supermarket. I'm sure your wife is a very lovely person but the point behind playing golf is to be part of a community of golfers (much like this forum). By taking your wife you are alienating yourself from that community. Get out there as a single, make some new friends and enjoy the camaraderie of those around you. To me it sounds like your wife is your comfort blanket... you have got to let that go.

Driver: Titleist 907D2 9.5 Stiff
Hybrid: Adams Pro Black 18*
Irons: Mizuno MP60 (4-PW)
Wedges: Vokey SM 50/54/58/62
Putter: Yes! CallieBall: TM PentaHome course: DeBell Golf Club http://www.debellgolf.com/

I agree that taking your wife along has to be one of the worst ideas ever. Next you're going to tell us that you really do enjoy going shopping with her and pick up tampons for her at the supermarket. I'm sure your wife is a very lovely person but the point behind playing golf is to be part of a community of golfers (much like this forum). By taking your wife you are alienating yourself from that community. Get out there as a single, make some new friends and enjoy the camaraderie of those around you. To me it sounds like your wife is your comfort blanket... you have got to let that go.

Wow, I wanna take my wife and that means I'm whipped. I married her cause I love her and actually enjoy spending time with her. I get my alone time. However, on this trip, we are chaperoning a group of seniors and so we'll be doing stuff together all week, oh the horror that brings to some of you guys face! No comfort blanket, just how I'm choosing to spend that time! I'll gladly play with others if I need to but if they can't handle my wife sitting in the cart, I prolly would be better playing as a single anyway! I appreciate all the opinions! And the jokes! LOL

In my Nike SasQuatch Staff Bag:
Driver: Callaway FT-IQ 9.5 Stiff
Irons: Ping G5 4-P
Wedges: Vokey Spin Milled 56*, Cleveland bent to 49*
Putter: Scotty Cameron California Monterey
Ball: Srizon Z-Star Yellow
Range: SkyCaddie 2.5

Note: This thread is 5131 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!