IGNORED

Driving Distance

jmr
Note: This thread is 3160 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

That's some wild shi* you just posted there - where do you come up with this stuff?

A lot of pro's can hit 250 yard 2i's

so 230 yards with a 3i seems right.

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

That's some wild shi* you just posted there - where do you come up with this stuff?

Reality is where I come up with it. Golf clubs are golf clubs, and a good swing is one which is able to bring the center of the face into contact with the ball. Those who drive it 300 yards need to be able to bring the very center of the face into contact with the ball at around 120 mph on a regular basis. By the same token, it's much easier to hit a long iron on center than a driver, because the shaft is shorter.

There are many ways to tell a player is lying to himself. Bad players with poor swings always make the same excuses. They change clubs every other week, because they think the clubs are the problem, and if they could just get those right clubs, then they'd be there. They overestimate their distances, and always play for a perfect shot. They always assume they're a few strokes away from joining the PGA tour. They are all pretty much the same, they see themselves as being better than they are. I know, because I did it for years. Good players, on the other hand, always look the other way. They know having properly fitted clubs is all that matters, and brand and model mean very little, and they never blame their clubs when things go wrong. They plan for the shot they know they can hit, and plan for their misses. Good players see themselves as being worse than they are. You've seen my swing, it's not pretty, but somehow, I manage to get around the course very well. That's because I'm honest with myself. I know how far I drive it, I know how far I hit my irons, I know I may misshit it, I know I can't pull off the hero shot, and I know how to take my medicine. Sure, I'll take risks if I'm playing a course, and I want to try to bomb it over the trees one of my favorite tour players bombs it over, but I do it for fun, not because I think I can pull it off. The best way to play golf is to be humble. I even wrote a paper about golf psychology in college. I explained all about the coping mechanisms, just world phenomenon, and self serving bias, and how golfers rationalized their performance. It was pretty fun to write.

My maximum drive has been 266,flat fairway no wind assisted drive.Summer as well playing a factor in roll of the ball.I think the quicker you can realise your swing speed and flexibilty within your swing,the faster you can progress on to much more important things in golf.Today at the BMW PGA at Wentworth luke Donald took a fairway wood by the look of it on a 383 yd hole,Danny Willet a young aspiring pro hit driver right down the middle 310 yds.Donald left himself 133 yds to the green took a sand iron landed it on the green,Willet wedged it off the back right into a bunker.Donald took par and Willet fluffed the bunker shot,had to chip from the fringe and took 5.

Accept your distance and work on your accuracy

"Repetition is the chariot of genius"

Driver: BENROSS VX PROTO 10.5
Woods: BENROSS QUAD SPEED FAIRWAY 15"
Hybrids:BENROSS 3G 17" BENROSSV5 Escape 20"
Irons: :wilson: DEEP RED Fluid Feel  4-SW
Putter: BENROSS PURE RED
Balls: :wilsonstaff:  Ti DNA

Increased to about 280-285 over the past couple months. Pretty happy with that.

In My Bag:

Driver: HiBore XLS 10.5º (Fujikara Fit-on M Gold R Flex)
3-Wood: HiBore XLS 15º (Fujikara Fit-on M Gold R Flex)
5-Wood: S2 Straightneck 19º (Fujikara Fit-On Max 65 FW Stiff)Irons: HiBore XLi 3-PW (Fujikara Fit-on M Red S Flex)Wedges: CG14 Chrome 56º SW/60º LWPutter: ...

I can hit about 260-280 carry and roll in reasonable conditions. I have hit 300 a few times but there was pretty much always a hill and some rock hard fairways involved!

With a 10.5° R flex stock shafted HiBore... Yeah, sure... Uh huh.

i don't understand why people who hit the ball for even post on this thread. people who hit the ball 300 yards shouldn't even post because there just going to get torn apart even if they actually hit it that far. i don't even both posting stats anymore because there is always some golfer that assumes that because they cant hit the ball 300 yards no one can or that i'm just trying to brag when really whoever posts wouldn't be doing it if they weren't trying to brag a little bit. i had someone leave me negative feedback on my profile last year because i said how far i hit my 4 wood and he didn't believe me so he decided he would just leave bad feedback because he cant hit his 4 wood half as far as i can, its stupid. that's great Vance i'm sure you actually do hit your hi-bore that far. regular flex goes farther than stiff for some people. i don't understands everyones ridiculous amount of doubt and spamming toward anyone who can put some muscle behind a golf ball.

edit: if i even both to tell you your going to go off like you have to everyone else on this thread. like really i would love for you to take me around the course with a gps and find out my average drive considering i know exactly how far i hit my driver. plus some people actually know i got my swing speed check from lowest to highest on 5 swings it went 111, 117, 121, 121, 127 with a driver, the guy at the store actually went to get 3 different radars because he didn't believe i was swinging that fast so some people actually do hit it that far despite all your doubts

|callaway.gif X460 Tour Fujikura Tour Platform 26.3 73g | taylormade.gif 2i Rescue 11 |  3i HiBore Hybrid |  710 MB |  Wedge Works 48/06 |  cg12 52/08  | vokey.gifSpin Milled 56/11 | nike.gifSV Tour 60/10 | cameron.gif Studio Select Newport 2 34" |

rangefinder : LR550

i don't understand why people who hit the ball for even post on this thread. people who hit the ball 300 yards shouldn't even post because there just going to get torn apart even if they actually hit it that far. i don't even both posting stats anymore because there is always some golfer that assumes that because they cant hit the ball 300 yards no one can or that i'm just trying to brag when really whoever posts wouldn't be doing it if they weren't trying to brag a little bit. i had someone leave me negative feedback on my profile last year because i said how far i hit my 4 wood and he didn't believe me so he decided he would just leave bad feedback because he cant hit his 4 wood half as far as i can, its stupid. that's great Vance i'm sure you actually do hit your hi-bore that far. regular flex goes farther than stiff for some people. i don't understands everyones ridiculous amount of doubt and spamming toward anyone who can put some muscle behind a golf ball.

you do understand how far those distances are right?

pro's who have some of the best swings in the world have averages less than 300 yards. this guy who doesn't even have a handicap says he averages farther than most pro's. that's why shanks has a problem with his post.

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

you do understand how far those distances are right?

he has had a problem with more than just that one guy, some guy said he hit it 250 and shank tore him apart too. you seriously think i dont know how far 285 is, thats seriously not that far. 85% of the kids at the course i play at easily hit it 285. you have to remember pro's have millions of dollars riding on each shot. they hit it 285 but thats a controlled swing for accuracy. if pro's swung as hard as they can like im sure most of the people on here do the pros would all hit it over 300 yards but they wouldnt shoot as low scores because they would lose balls like all of us do. their game is 95% accuracy and 5% power. if they wanted they can let one go every so often but whats the cost for an extra 10 yards, 2 strokes? its not worth it for them

|callaway.gif X460 Tour Fujikura Tour Platform 26.3 73g | taylormade.gif 2i Rescue 11 |  3i HiBore Hybrid |  710 MB |  Wedge Works 48/06 |  cg12 52/08  | vokey.gifSpin Milled 56/11 | nike.gifSV Tour 60/10 | cameron.gif Studio Select Newport 2 34" |

Just because you can drive the ball 280 yards, and have driven the ball 280 yards, doesn't necessarily mean you DO drive the ball 280 yards...

he has had a problem with more than just that one guy, some guy said he hit it 250 and shank tore him apart too. you seriously think i dont know how far 285 is, thats seriously not that far. 85% of the kids at the course i play at easily hit it 285. you have to remember pro's have millions of dollars riding on each shot. they hit it 285 but thats a controlled swing for accuracy. if pro's swung as hard as they can like im sure most of the people on here do the pros would all hit it over 300 yards but they wouldnt shoot as low scores because they would lose balls like all of us do. their game is 95% accuracy and 5% power. if they wanted they can let one go every so often but whats the cost for an extra 10 yards, 2 strokes? its not worth it for them

but 280 yards isn't an AVERAGE.

if I smashed one 310 thinned the next one 180 hit another ok one 250 hit a good one 260 does that mean my average is 310 yards? no it's 250..... edit: Also the the pro's have a SS of over 115 mph and hits the centre of the face on a regular basis, average golfers have a SS of 90-ish mph and hardly ever hit the proper spot on the driver.

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex

Just because you can drive the ball 280 yards, and have driven the ball 280 yards, doesn't necessarily mean you DO drive the ball 280 yards...

ok, you act like i don't understand how averages work. the guy was saying that he was happy to say his avg was coming up. you don't need to dump on his improvement.

ok, you act like i don't understand how averages work. the guy was saying that he was happy to say his avg was coming up. you don't need to dump on his improvement.

maybe he needs to get his head out of the clouds first before he starts talking about proper stats?

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex

but 280 yards isn't an AVERAGE.

if your hitting the ball 280 im honestly doubting your going to thin one. like seriously this is exactly what im talking about. i would love for someone to come with a gps to a golf course. i will bet you that my AVERAGE drive is no less than 290 considering more than half of them are over 300 for me. but now your going to go off and say 290 isn't an average because what if i miss hit one

if your hitting the ball 280 im honestly doubting your going to thin one. like seriously this is exactly what im talking about. i would love for someone to come with a gps to a golf course. i will bet you that my AVERAGE drive is no less than 290 considering more than half of them are over 300 for me. but now your going to go off and say 290 isn't an average because what if i miss hit one

was i I talking about you?

I'm talking about the hacker who doesn't have a handicap yet. your a scratch golfer, you've got a better swing than that guy.

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex

I wasn't really even talking about that bro. I was just stating how it's easy for guys to exagerate their distances. It doesn't really matter to me, i'll take my ho hum 220 yard fairway drive every day over someone that sprays it left and right 280....

was i I talking about you?

how do you know that he might just hit the ball far. i just don't understand the doubt because distance definitely is the last thing that leads to good scores. actually the worst thing for a beginning golfer is to much distance because they wont be able to control it. plenty of hackers can hit the ball 280 but they can make a putt to save their lives or hit the green. im not trying to argue with you i jsut want to know why everyone online has to doubt anyone who says they hit the ball for

Note: This thread is 3160 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!