IGNORED

2010 College Football talk!

natp0wers
Note: This thread is 4714 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Then there's the security in numbers thing. There are probably more Alabama fans in Tennessee than there are Florida fans, so they aren't as boisterous and in-your-face about it as Florida fans that are surrounded by other Florida fans.

That's a good point. That is most likely the difference.

Has Florida even been good long enough to have "raised" fans with bragging rights? LOL!

Ouch!! HAHA!!

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, but Cam Newton shouldn't win the Heisman, because Cam Newton is an ineligible player. He became ineligible when Cecil Newton, Sr. solicited money from Mississippi State. The NCAA has very strict rules about this sort of thing, and based on those rules, Newton is not now, nor has he been at any point this season, eligible to play for Auburn (or any other school).

Auburn may or may not have actually paid for the young Newton's services - that will be determined later - but they have still fielded an ineligible player, and therefore will be forced to vacate every win from this season, so they have already been eliminated - even if they don't realize it yet. The sad thing is that they may very well continue on their way and win it all, only to have it taken away and leave other, very deserving teams out of the picture.

My gut tells me that Bobby Lowder and/or Jimmy "The Yella Fella" Rane may find themselves embroiled in this controversy at some point, and the Auburn folks waving their "Stand By Your Cam" signs will feel awfully silly. Of course, that will require that they actually pull their heads out of the sand long enough to actually realize that Cam Newton has done far more damage to their program when he is earning millions in the NFL and they are struggling under the strain of NCAA probation.

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Sorry, but Cam Newton shouldn't win the Heisman, because Cam Newton is an ineligible player. He became ineligible when Cecil Newton, Sr. solicited money from Mississippi State. The NCAA has very strict rules about this sort of thing, and based on those rules, Newton is not now, nor has he been at any point this season, eligible to play for Auburn (or any other school).

Can't argue with that. And what is terrible is the guy is so good. I mean his talent is there whether he is guilty or his father is guilty or whatever.....but now that is the way he will be known and Auburn will have to pay for it.

On an unrelated note....I think my Vols have a little something to build on the next few years.

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

On an unrelated note....I think my Vols have a little something to build on the next few years.

Yes you do. Y'all hung with Oregon and us, and Dooley's doing it the right way. It'll be nice to see our rivalry go back to the days of mutual respect.

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

I'm not trying to get too ahead of myself because I've been let down a lot in the past, but my Oklahoma State Cowboys are 9-1 with two very winnable games left against Kansas and Oklahoma. The Bedlam game against the Sooners will be extremely tough as always, but we have them at home and are a better team than in year's past. If we can get by both, we will probably get a rematch with the Huskers in the Big 12 Championship game. Oh yeah, I better not get ahead of myself.

Nonetheless, things are looking good for the Pokes. It's even nicer to think we were supposed to finish fifth or sixth in the Big 12 South this season, and it was supposed to be a rebuilding year. We have almost everyone coming back next season!

I'm not trying to get too ahead of myself because I've been let down a lot in the past, but my Oklahoma State Cowboys are 9-1 with two very winnable games left against Kansas and Oklahoma. The Bedlam game against the Sooners will be extremely tough as always, but we have them at home and are a better team than in year's past. If we can get by both, we will probably get a rematch with the Huskers in the Big 12 Championship game. Oh yeah, I better not get ahead of myself.

This game against Nebraska was closer than the score. I think in a rematch of reasonably matched teams the loser of the first has a small advantage. Focus is on improvment in specific areas and there may be a ltttle bit of an emotional edge. So natually I am not rooting for O State to be in the title game. Go Oklahoma.

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

This game against Nebraska was closer than the score. I think in a rematch of reasonably matched teams the loser of the first has a small advantage. Focus is on improvment in specific areas and there may be a ltttle bit of an emotional edge. So natually I am not rooting for O State to be in the title game. Go Oklahoma.

The good thing is we don't even have to beat Oklahoma if we beat Kansas and they lose to Baylor this weekend. In a perfect world, I'd love for Bedlam to be for the Big 12 South title. That being said, my feelings won't be hurt if we clinch it this weekend after an OU loss to Baylor. :) We need to put KU away early though because it's still a road game in a BCS Conference. It's kind of a trap game, so we better be ready.

By the way, I'm still having nightmares about Taylor Martinez running all over the place against Ok State.

The good thing is we don't even have to beat Oklahoma if we beat Kansas and they lose to Baylor this weekend. In a perfect world, I'd love for Bedlam to be for the Big 12 South title. That being said, my feelings won't be hurt if we clinch it this weekend after an OU loss to Baylor. :) We need to put KU away early though because it's still a road game in a BCS Conference. It's kind of a trap game, so we better be ready.

I think NU fans are afraid of your running back, NU's defense is built to cover the spread, they usually play with only one LB and he isn't that big.

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

• 3 weeks later...
Amazing to see UConn make it to the Fiesta Bowl, though I don't like their odds against Oklahoma :(

It's a BCS game, so Oklahoma isn't too scary. :) They have lost their last 5 BCS Bowls.

I was pretty upset with Oklahoma State's bowl opponent, Arizona. We are 10-2, and they are 7-5 after losing 4 straight. That's not even a fair fight.....I hope. :)

I look forward to getting my hands on Sugar Bowl tickets to watch the Buckeyes demolish the Razorbacks!!

Driver: VR STR8-FIT Tour *9.5
Woods: VR STR8-FIT Tour 3 *15, 5 *19
Irons: VR Full Cavity 4-AW
Putter: DF 990
Ball: Juice Plus 312

It's a BCS game, so Oklahoma isn't too scary. :) They have lost their last 5 BCS Bowls.

Doesn't mean a thing. Everyone said OSU couldn't hang with Oregons offense last year and even after they prematurely let Blount play again we still stuffed them. ;)

dr4k3: I won't be going, but I'll be watching from home. Wave to the camera. LOL!

9.5* Driver
3 Wood
21* 4 Hybrid
5-PW
Zebra 60* SW G-Force Putter

• 3 weeks later...

Since this thread had a lot of talk about SEC v. Big Ten, I thought it was only fitting to post the bowl records head to head so far:

SEC - 3

Big Ten - 0

Honestly, the only SEC-Big 10 match up I cared about was Bama v. MSU.  I could careless about if the other SEC schools win.  Yeah, it fun for bragging rights but recruiting is what matters and the more the other SEC schools lose the better recruiting is for Bama.

In The Bag:
Driver: 
 RBZ 10.5*
3 Wood:  RBZ 15 *
Hybrids G15 17* & 20*
Irons​ G2 4-UW 
Wedges:  Vokey 54*
Putter:  MC-03w
Balls:  PD Soft

I'm an Ohio State Buckeye fan, considering the fact I live in Columbus, Ohio; so let's hope we can do well and beat Arkansas in the Sugar Bowl! Thus, I hope Auburn beats Oregon in the BCS Championship!

I picked OSU to beat Arkansas, but the whole tatto thing has me a little concerned on if they'll show up to play or not.  I am also pulling for OU to beat Auburn for the obvious reasons, conference bragging rights be danged.  I also picked Wisconsin to beat TCU, but TCU is putting up a heck of a fight so far.  Neither team can stop the other.

In The Bag:
Driver: 
 RBZ 10.5*
3 Wood:  RBZ 15 *
Hybrids G15 17* & 20*
Irons​ G2 4-UW 
Wedges:  Vokey 54*
Putter:  MC-03w
Balls:  PD Soft

Originally Posted by TidePride50

I do think OSU will beat Arkansas, the whole tatto thing has me a little concerned if they'll show up to play.  I am also pulling for OU to beat Auburn as well.  I also picked Wisconsin to beat TCU, but they are putting up a heack of a battle so far.

Haha, I like you man. Yeah, us in Ohio know are kind of ashamed that Pryor, Posey, Thomas, & Adams would sell things they've earned for tattoo's or for even just money in general. Like selling their Big Ten Championship ring(s), Gold Pants (for beating Michigan) and even some awards given to them by the university itself. Now, they've got to pay a decent amount of money to charity & they're suspended for the first five games of the '11 season. Everyone (including me) thinks they weren't suspended by the NCAA for the Sugar Bowl, because they get more money because more people want to watch the super-star's play. The university and the NCAA itself makes so much money off these OSU players, and it's kind of unfair that they've been suspended for selling it. But whatever, that's just my opinion.

Note: This thread is 4714 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!