IGNORED

How do you like to get around the course?

niblick
Note: This thread is 5902 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. How do you like to get around the course?

• ride in a power cart
    • walk and use a push/pull cart
    • walk and carry
    • walk with caddie

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For me.. it's bad, cause I could use the exercise, but I find myself riding more than walking.

Two things I've discovered though,
1) In my area(DC Area), courses don't really want you walking
2) When I do actually walk, I really enjoy it
In The Bag
Driver: Nike NDS
Hybrid: Ben Hogan CFTi 3 Hybrid (love it)
Irons: Nike NDS
Putter: Odyssey Ball: Titlist DT Solo Stat Tracker:www.oobgolf.com

My club includes the cart with my dues so most of the time I ride, but I prefer to walk. There's nothing worse than changing your mind on a shot only to have your partner have the cart and forcing a strong 8 instead of an easy 7.

Most new courses are making walking impossible, including my club. The walk from the 3rd green to the 4th tee is about 350 yards. Most of the holes are like that.

On Sunday's I play a course called Amherst Golf Links www.amherstgolflinks.com and always walk. I average high 70's there and I think it's because I have every club with me. Its a pretty flat course and the tees are close to the greens. I have a really light Ogio bag that is very comfortable.

What's in my bag
Driver: Taylor Made R7 425 9.5 degrees UST Proforce 65 shaft
3 Wood: Taylor Made V Steel 15 degrees
Taylor Made Rescue Dual 22 degrees (UST IROD shaft)
Irons: Mizuno MP-67 (bent 1 degree upright)Gap Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle 52 Sand Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle...

When I'm only playing 9 holes I walk and push my Sun Mountain Speed Cart. For 18, or for some of the hilly courses in the foothills, I ride. I have trouble with my feet which made me retire from backpacking about 15 years ago, and I put up with a lot of pain when I walk on turf, or any relatively soft surface. I walked all over the place last summer in Italy, but almost all of it was on pavement or firm surfaces. By the time I'm done walking 9 holes on grass, I'm pretty much finished for the day.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Where I live we always have a caddy, so I prefer to walk with a caddy.

I don't ask the caddy to club me unless I know that particular caddy, and more importantly, if they know me. I do ask for a read on the green now and again, but by and large I just let them take care of the bag and I will do my own thinking.

I know that having a caddy is very, very expensive in most parts of the world, but if you do ever have a chance to walk with a caddy I highly recommend it. It can make for a very enjoyable game.

I have two courses that I play normally, and I ride one because I work there and I can for free and it's a really hilly course, and the other I've walked every time I've played there.

Ryan
ogio.gif Vision SS Bag:
cleveland.gif Launcher DST 10.5*  taylormade.gif R9 16.5* 4W
taylormade.gif Rescue Dual 19*  taylormade.gif Burner 2.0 4-PW
vokey.gif 250.08, Spin Milled 54.10, and 58.08
yesgolf.gif Callie  bridgestone.gif B330

Where I live we always have a caddy, so I prefer to walk with a caddy.

Hell, I would walk every course, no matter how hilly, if I had a caddy lugging my sticks up and down the hills. And I have a light bag.

What's in my bag
Driver: Taylor Made R7 425 9.5 degrees UST Proforce 65 shaft
3 Wood: Taylor Made V Steel 15 degrees
Taylor Made Rescue Dual 22 degrees (UST IROD shaft)
Irons: Mizuno MP-67 (bent 1 degree upright)Gap Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle 52 Sand Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle...

I like to walk the course and use my push/pull cart. I'm not a fan of carrying my clubs, I find I play better when I walk and use a cart. I'm 22 and pretty much the only one in the group of friends I play with that doesn't carry their clubs or insist on getting a power cart.

helicopter first choice. pull cart second choice

In My Callaway Golf Bag:

Driver: BB 454 8* Aldila nv65s
Fairway Wood: 3&5 Sport Stiff
Hybrid: Nicklaus 21* Himax4- PW: GT2 Tightlies StiffSW: 588 GunLW: 588 GunPutter: OZ T100Bite Men's Golf AC II Golf Shoe Top Flite ballGrey Goose Mini's

• 7 months later...
i perfer to walk i feel im experincing golf at its fullest but some of the courses that i play really need a cart man it like waliking hills up and down im in great shape but there are a lot of up and down and up and down by the 8th hole im so so tired that is hard to make a good swing. walking is the way to go

Titleist 905R 10.5* w/ Avix Tour Red 69(X)
Titleist 906F4 13.5* w/ Aldila VS Proto 80(S)
Titleist 585H 17 deg w/ S300
Titleist 690.mb w/ S300
Vokey SM 56 degVokey SM 60 degSCOTTY CAMERON STUDIO STAINLESS NEWPORT 2

I prefer to walk and carry. It's definitely more healthy for me and I find I enjoy the scenery a lot more when I walk. In most scrambles, you're in such a hurry to get to the ball in the cart, you miss a lot of the beauty. It seems they're building courses nowadays that almost require a cart, because of the distances between holes or the elevation changes.
play4him

Driver: Titleist 905R
3-Wood: Titleist 904F
Hybrid: Titleist 585 19 DegreeIrons: TitleistWedges (PW,Gap,SW,Lob): TitleistPutter: Bettinardi C04

Prefer to ride. It helps my mental game not to brood on a bad shot for ten minutes while I walk to the next one. Also, the summer humidity is unbearable enough as it is - walking is pretty much an impossibility. However on cooler days, days I'm not really taking the game seriously, cart path only, or I'm strained for cash, I'll walk. But no more than nine holes, usually.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

Cart riding, but I'll walk if needed. It's much quicker.

Driver: G2
3 Wood: Launcher
Irons: FoundersWedges: Putter: Tru TechBall: The Longest NoodleBag: Grom If you are going to throw a club, it is important to throw it ahead of you, down the fairway, so you don't have to waste energy going back to pick it up. ~Tommy...

Wow that is funny, down here in FL its very rare for places to allow you to walk and the few that do allow you to, I usually NEVER EVER play there.. I get enough exercise, golf is not a sport to get you in shape IMO, unless you're doing it everyday.

That being said, people are slow enough and to add a stupid push cart or people carrying their bags?? We're not pro's, they offer a cart, take it and and go run for 30 minutes, you'll burn more calories doing that then walking a golf course.

we drove the cart when i first played on a course. shanking shots and filling in divots was such a painful experience.

when i returned home, i realized that they used caddies here, who carried/pushed bags for golfers. they even look for errant balls, fill-in divots ect.

walking seems to promote a better playing ryhtm, so i prefer to walk now, especially with caddies around. however, i do bear in mind that playing with caddies takes a lot of learning out of the game, so i try to think for myself on every shot.

Taylormade R5XL Plus - Regular
Nike CPR 3 22'
Callaway X-14 Pro Rifle Stiff
Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 56'
Mizuno Bettinardi

Definitely prefer to walk with either a push cart or carrying. Better exercise, and I always seem to play better when walking.

Note: This thread is 5902 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!