IGNORED

My Swing (Stretch)

Stretch
Note: This thread is 3157 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Progress! First round under par.

Screenshot2012-01-25at75021PM.png

Annoyed there's still a 3 putt on there. Have been working hard on my putting. But the true crime was hitting it 30 feet past and above the hole in the first place. Cost me a bogey on the next hole, too, when I got onto the tee box still steaming and tried to hit my drive into outer space. I will learn from this. Zen. I am water. Zen.

In the swing, working on getting my hands ascending faster. Good feel for me seems to be "free the left arm". If #4 accumulator loads under the left pec, then I'm too far inside.

• Upvote 1

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Stretch

Progress! First round under par.

In the swing, working on getting my hands ascending faster. Good feel for me seems to be "free the left arm". If #4 accumulator loads under the left pec, then I'm too far inside.

This is why I've become increasingly annoyed with the "stick tees under your armpits and keep them there" advice.  It forces you to never lift your arms otherwise the tee will bury in your armpit somewhere and possibly fall out.  It's just reaked havoc on my swing.

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

Well done stretch. Impressive.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

Nice round! Love the blistering 3 under in 5 holes finish. What stat program do you use?

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Originally Posted by TourSpoon

Nice round! Love the blistering 3 under in 5 holes finish. What stat program do you use?

Thanks man. I use GolfShot on my iPhone for range finding, score keeping and stat tracking. Well designed and very user friendly.

http://golfshot.com/

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Stretch,

You're still swinging that club way too inside on the backswing.  You need to get to a better position at the top have a decent chance of making a good swing at the ball.  Here is a drill that will help you get to a better position:

1) Stand with your back to a wall, about 2 feet away.

2) Take the club back slowly at first so you do not hit the wall.

3) Repeat the process until you look like the picture at the top of the swing.

Give it a try and let me know how it works.

scott lesson 1.JPG

~Scott, Teaching Pro

Thanks Fender. I know it. But it's a bitch of a habit to break!

I have pretty much a perfect P4 in my practice swing. Put a ball down and ...

Stretch.

• 2 weeks later...

Screenshot2012-02-16at61132PM.png

Good times. Good times.

Stretch.

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

• 4 weeks later...

Full swing: Working on takeaway, arms in front through the swing, tracing the straight plane line.

Short game: Working on flighting pitches and putting from 6 - 12 feet.

Bogeyed the last today to avoid breaking 70 for the first time. Knob knob knob knob knob knnnnnnoooooooooooooobbbbb!

Screenshot2012-03-13at33018PM.png

Stretch.

Great playing Stretch, only 1 bogey, very impressive

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Gotta love hole-out eagles...  Nice round.  Based on how everything is starting to gel with what Mike and Erik had me work on, and how well controlled my clubface is after impact, and how tight my misses are, I'm looking forward to posting some scores like this sometime this year, fingers crossed.

[ Equipment ]

• 1 month later...

Not doing too well at the moment. Old habits have been worming back into my swing, with the result that my consistency has disappeared. Currently capable of hitting 13/14 GIRs one day and 6/7 the next.

As noted many times before, the swing killer for me is the left arm working way too deep and the right elbow sliding behind the right hip in the latter part of the backswing. It's a shit show after that.

042712.jpg

Stretch.

I've gotten off track recently--very competitive golf matches (for me) three weeks ago and bad habits crept back in under pressure. A couple of video range sessions and a relaxing 18 should help fix things and boost confidence.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

Sorry to hear that, but also a little bit relieved, since this is what I'm going through as well.  Misery loves company. I've gotten so used to good swings that when I make a bad one, I don't even try to save it and just let the club do whatever.  Results in some ridiculous shots, usually straight right into the bushes off the toe.  If I get lucky, I'll whiff and try to reset and give myself one more chance.  For me, breakdowns are because of physical pain, pressure, or both.  Most likely physical pain. Hang in there and do some slow motion drills for a week or so.

[ Equipment ]

I've got the same issue Stretch. Arms come back too low when I go back to bad old habits. I try to think I am swinging like Jim Furyk to get the higher position at P4. This gets me back on track.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• 2 weeks later...
Originally Posted by Stretch

Not doing too well at the moment. Old habits have been worming back into my swing, with the result that my consistency has disappeared. Currently capable of hitting 13/14 GIRs one day and 6/7 the next.

As noted many times before, the swing killer for me is the left arm working way too deep and the right elbow sliding behind the right hip in the latter part of the backswing. It's a shit show after that.

Stretch letting that right scapula travel too much - is an issue Grant pointed out when I worked with him in March at a clinic... Looks like you have the same issue from the photos.  I have been working on it too - but one of the biggest things I did to help reduce it from happening is shortening my left shoulder turn.  Get it under your chin/shirt button... But I was actually letting my left shoulder/arm to travel too far back - which forces that right scapula/arm/elbow to keep moving - which pulls that right elbow off your trunk and away like found in your photo.  Doing mirror work really helps with this so you can see your plane.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I finally got pissed off enough to go and see a pro. Fortunately, I found a really good one close(ish) to home. Quintin van der Berg (Leadbetter, TGM, MORAD, now 5SK) showed me how to consistently shift my baseline out to the right and get my club face under enough control to produce a playable straight/draw pattern. Because I'm not deflecting everything, I can hit the ball longer and the change in the geometry means a higher ball flight through the bag.

Its going to take a bunch of "reps" for sure, but now feel like I have a real chance to put a decent move on the ball instead of just endlessly polishing the same old turd.

Quint1.jpg

Quint2.jpg

Stretch.

Note: This thread is 3157 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!