IGNORED

I lose too many balls!

alomar123
Note: This thread is 5033 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm pretty sure the squirrels are taking my ball when I can't find it. It's a conspiracy!!!

Irons: MP 57 with Project X Rifle 6.0 shafts
Driver: Big Bertha 460 (9 degree loft) with UST ProForce 66g V2X Graphite Shaft
Wedges: Spin Milled Black Nickel 56.14, Spin Milled Black Nickel 60.07, Spin Milled Black Nickel 52.08 (next purchase)
Putter: White Hot XG #6
Ball: TP Red

I play Pro V1x balls and they are not cheap. I lose so many balls, but not in the woods, but just in some light rough.

Can you come and play my course? I need some new balls!

http://www.debellgolf.com/

Driver: Titleist 907D2 9.5 Stiff
Hybrid: Adams Pro Black 18*
Irons: Mizuno MP60 (4-PW)
Wedges: Vokey SM 50/54/58/62
Putter: Yes! CallieBall: TM PentaHome course: DeBell Golf Club http://www.debellgolf.com/

my course beautiful on the shores of a lake, with other water features when the hole happens to not be on the lakeside, I'm a lefty with a bad push slice, if I have the same ball for 4 holes I consider it a lucky ball. I found that a used golfball website has their store about an hour from me I was in heaven. At this state of my game I go in and buy their bag of 100 mixed lot pro line balls for $25. Think it's the 1.5-2 qualtiy or something, for the most part someone has already pre marked it with a sharpie pretty ugly, every once in a while I find a minor scuff but the way I lose them it doesn't really bother me. Mostly Dt Solo, Nike juice plus, mojo's, tour this and that so the value works for me considering I'd otherwise be playing the cheapest thing I could get at WalMart without breaking my wallet.

Now my wife on the otherhand rarely loses a ball due to lack of distance and height in her learning stages, she's always rolling up the fairway. I had my revenge last time we played together, night before bad thunderstorms and a couple of tornados had been in the neighborhood (course had lost 2 big trees, fairly light compared to other places). Fairways were littered with small broken off branches and leaves so she got the feel of my pain that's usually reserved for the rough :D

• 2 months later...
I also lose balls in the intermediate rough. Pretty frustrating knowing where they are but not being able to find them. Don't get me even started about water hazards!! If there's water, I'll find it!!

Cleveland Hibore XLS Driver: Nike Ignite2 Irons: Adams SW and LW: Odyssey White Hot Mallet: Bridgestone e6 and TreoSoft Balls etc...

I have the same issue (especially when walking) where I hit a great drive and end up not being able to find it in an acceptable amount of time. I take a 'free' drop and put the ball in a place where I think I should've landed (without making my lie obnoxiously better than it should be) and play on.

I use Callaway HX Hot Bites that I got 228 for $100 used off eBay so I don't feel so bad, but I do go through quite a few per round. I hate using any other ball, not so much because they play better than any other, (although I do hit them pretty far and they feel quite 'soft' around the green) but I never remember what ball is mine if I play the hodgepodge of balls I find through the rounds.

Even par through 9 is my best.  I don't even want to think about what was my worst.

Man.. I just started golfing and have lost something like 20 balls on my first two outings (ya I know lots of work to be done!!)... My slice off the tee is completely killing me with balls into the woods and water :( I just bought a bucket of used balls from lostgolfballs.com, but custom and duty fees to Canada are kind of turning me off from them :( Had to pay an extra $20 at the door last time. Any suggestions as to what I can do in Canada for some well priced used (but still good quality) balls?

A new pair of shades may help. Callaway and a few other companies make sunglasses that make the ball "pop out" when you're looking for it. I don't remember what it is called, but the lenses are usually yellow.

Ha! I saw an iPhone App for this too. It uses the camera and turns everything blue or whatever and the white ball is supposed to "pop out". Kind of like "UV vision". Anyway, not too sure how effective that is... Maybe worth a try :P

Cheers,

I only lost 3 the other day playing for the first time. They were Top Flite XL yellow. None of them were thirsty but 2 were last heard cracking in the woods. I didn't even bother looking for them. The other made me mad because I seen it roll into the high grass at a slow pace but I just couldn't pick it out. I'm a little leary poking around for a $1+ ball in rattlesnake country. I guess if you look hard enough you'll find them - snake and ball. I did pick up some Srixon Z-Star yellow the other day. They have a more florescent color to them and stand out better. I'm thinking a white ball for me is going to be hard to spot.

Driver:  :nike:  Vapor Pro 9.5°  Wood & Hybrids : :nike:Covert Tour 13°, 18° & 21°
Irons & Wedges:
  :nike:  Covert 2.0  5i - AW,  :titleist:   56-14F,  60-07S
Putter:     :titleist:Newport Select
Balls:  :bridgestone: B330-RX

This is funny the topic came to life; I was just talking about losing several balls to a golf buddy the other day at our club. Our fairways are bermudagrass and in excellent condition, but just off to each side of the fairway they cut the grass by the looks of it maybe an inch higher than the low cut fairways which you wouldn’t think is all that much, WRONG!!! Every time you hit a ball just off the edge it takes you a month to find your dang ball in that grass, the ball settles right down in the grass you practical have to walk on top of the ball to find it. Does anyone else have this problem?

Sticks-In-The-Bag

R9 Driver 9.5
R9 3 & 5 Fairway
Rescues 3 & 4 Hybrids Burner 4-PW Irons Tp 52, 56, 60 Wedges Rossa Putter

Thats funny that this topic came up. I played 36 throughout the weekend and lost so many balls (the good thing is that I'm losing less and less :) ). I can't complain because they were all free (prov1s and higher end balls) but what sucked is that I lost a lot of them right around the fairway. Our course is so janky, but its cheap and it works. 18 is a long par 5 and from the tee you hit over a hill, and every time i tee off, i always hit in the same location and lose my ball in a creek/erosion area that runs through the fairway. i really want to try out those srixon tour yellow balls.

For me it depends on the course. I know of a few courses where I am pretty much guaranteed to lose five or six balls easily, sometimes just on the front nine. On those courses I used the cheap balls. I know of other courses where I only lose one the entire round so I'll hit a nicer ball.

If you accidentally hit into or near a group, they may confiscate your ball and say nothing. That happened during a playing lesson when my instructor hit a 270 yard shot over a hill.

I've started playing my rounds for the last month so as not to lose any balls. I still lose about 2/rd, but my game has improved much over that period. I'm hitting straighter and even farther due to taking a smooth swing rather than trying to kill the ball off the tee.

In my bag:
Driver X460 TOUR OPTIFIT 10.5* Graphite
FW 3W BIG BERTHA DIABLO 13* Graphite
FW 5W BIG BERTHA DIABLO 18* Graphite
Irons X-22 IRONS 5 - PW & SW GraphitePutter Odyssey Dual Force Rossie IIUnder my bag: 2007 EZGO ~ Customized

At my home course driving range they have a mix of practice balls and good brand name ones. Of course I snag out only the best looking titliest nike callaway and taylor mades.

Note: This thread is 5033 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!