IGNORED

What makes you leave the course happy (or angry)?

clearwaterms
Note: This thread is 5062 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

This thread...
http://thesandtrap.com/forum/threads...ou-should-have

Got me thinking. At the end of the round, what makes you leave the course happy or angry?

In my bag:

some golf clubs

a few golf balls

a bag of tee's some already broken the rest soon to be

a snickers wrapper (if you have seen me play, you would know you are not going anywhere for a while)

and an empty bottle of water

Generally its the last 2-3 holes I play that will determine the feeling of my round and how excited I am for the next round. Like last week I shot a 47 on the front 9 and was having a terrible back nine as well until I parred 17 and birdied 18 to finish the back nine with a 44. So now I start thinking why can't I do that every time and can't wait to get out and do it again. Just having a couple great shots in a round that work out exactly as planned makes me feel as though things are coming together and gives me hope.

Driver- Titleist 910 D3 9.5

3 Wood- Burner 15 degree
Irons- Slingshot 4I-AW
Hybrid- CPR 3 22 degree
Putter- White Hot XG 8

Good score + strong finish = Overjoyed
Good score + bad finish = Angry
Bad score + strong finish = Content
Bad score + bad finish = Anger management classes start Tuesday.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 9º
2 Hybrid: Callaway Big Bertha Heavenwood
Irons: Nike Slingshot OSS 6-3 iron
          Taylormade Tour Preferred PW-7 iron
Wedges: Cleveland CG14 50º, 54º
              Taylormade RAC 58º
Putter: Ping Darby 32" shaft

I am pretty much always happy when I leave the course. Just glad to get out of the office / house. Sometimes I am happy but disappointed with how I played. Now that you mention it, my disappointment has less to do with my score and more to do with the quality of my ball-striking that day. If I feel like I "hit it well," I usually feel good about the round even if it is a high score for me.

I never leave the course angry or get angry on course. Golf is a happy time/experience for me. I am there to have fun. If I don't have fun, I should quit.

I am pretty much always happy when I leave the course. Just glad to get out of the office / house. Sometimes I am happy but disappointed with how I played. Now that you mention it, my disappointment has less to do with my score and more to do with the quality of my ball-striking that day. If I feel like I "hit it well," I usually feel good about the round even if it is a high score for me.

I feel the same way, If I shot my worst score of the year but feel I hit the ball well and got some bad bounces I still feel ok. As long as I take some learnings from my round that I can apply next time on the range or course than I feel content no matter what the score.

Driver- Titleist 910 D3 9.5

3 Wood- Burner 15 degree
Irons- Slingshot 4I-AW
Hybrid- CPR 3 22 degree
Putter- White Hot XG 8

have to agree with the statements about the last few holes dictating largely how I feel walking off the course. Which is unfortunate because you're out there for 4 hours and the last 20 minutes can make all the difference in what you take away.

That said, I can't say that I ever leave the course genuinely angry unless we had to quit because of weather or something. It's more of - how do I feel about myself when I leave. And I think that it really depends how I made my mistakes during the round. Mental mistakes leave a much longer lasting impression on me.

If I miss an easy GIR because I pulled a smooth PW then that's something that comes with not being that good at this game. If i miss it because I chunked a 52* wedge trying to muscle it up and stick it to 2 feet on the front pin.. then that's something that comes with being a fool.

Same goes for short game shots. If I miss an up/down because the ball ran out more than I expected then that happens. If I miss an up/down because I tried a flop shot and bladed it 40 yd over the green.. I'll take that stroke with me when I leave the 18th green.

A 90 knowing that I just didn't have my swing that day feels better than a 90 that could've been an 85 was I trying doing silly things during the course of the round.

The bag:

Driver: Taylormade R7 Limited (10.5*)
3-wood: Taylormade R7 st (15*)
5-wood: Titleist 909 F2(18.5*)Irons: Taylormade RAC TP MB; Project-X 6.0 (3-PW)Wedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 52.08 Vokey Spin-Milled 58.12Putter: Odyssey White Hot Tour #1 (33")Ball: Titleist ProV1

I'm usually happy if I shoot my average. That means I'm being consistent. The only time I get angry with myself is if I shoot a bad round and I can contribute it to mental mistakes. Wrong club selection, wrong shot selection, not going through my routine, etc, etc, etc....
The only thing a golfer needs is more daylight. -Ben Hogan

I cant remember the last time I left a golf course angry.... even when I shoot like crap.. it was still a good walk.

Lightweight Cart Bag
Scotty Cameron Putter (several models unfortunately)studio stock 4
AP2 Irons 4-PW
ProV1X Balls
2 and 3 TP Rescue07 Burner TP 9.560, 56, 52 CG 12 WedgesOld man CartSi vis pacem, para bellum

Life is WAY too short to leave a course angry. Not even worth it...

mrt10X - Peace Through Strength Motto of 24th Marine Regiment - nice sig touch

Yep, no reason to ever leave angry... that does not really accomplish anything. I have left a round frustrated or bewildered. Most of the time that was due to slow play or players who had little respect for the golf course and did immature things. A few times I have felt disappointed in my own mistakes, and I walk off the 18th thinking it is time for more practice. I may go straight to the range at that point -- and next time I am going to be ready to do better. Over the years I have not found a better approach to the game. Back when I would get angry as a kid, it did not make my game better or gain any useful thing for me. But it took a while to figure that out.

RC

i dont know if i get angry
if I do, im over it by the next shot..its whatever
there are things in this world that are much worse, than shooting a bad round

my job creates enough stress, if golf ever creates too much stress - im done

i have high expectations of myself out there, so i try to meet them
doesnt always happen but hey - there is always tomorrow
"My swing is homemade - but I have perfect flaws!" - Me

I always leave the course with the feeling that I cant wait to get back........ no matter how poorly I play. But I can remember my younger days where I could have easily thrown my clubs out of the car window on the way home when I played poorly. :)

I never leave the course angry or get angry on course. Golf is a happy time/experience for me. I am there to have fun. If I don't have fun, I should quit.

+1 I'm not good enough to get mad at my bad shots. I try not to get to up on myself when I hit a good shot and not to down on myself for hitting a bad one.

As some others have said already; ball-striking. If I hit the ball reasonably consistently, regardless of score, I will leave the course happy. Also, having a few nice putts fall is always something that takes the sting out of a bad day!

Golf is our recreation, our hobby, a contribution to our happiness. Unless you play for money, that’s all it is. So what's not to be happy about? You spent four hours with good friends in a manicured environment, you hit some good shots, you got a break from the daily grind, got an eyeful of the Cartgirl, you get to drink beer when it's over...what's not to be happy about? If you shoot a good score, so much the better, but if not, who cares?

I often leave the course feeling like Ralph Wiggum:

"I'm happy and angry."

Like others, a good finish can wipe out a lot of frustration for me. Converse is true, too.

My post-round mood is generally determined by 1. Score, and 2. How well I hit the ball.

Sadly, the two are often unrelated.

DoctorK

Competitive golf is played mainly on a five-and-a-half-inch course... the space between your ears.
~~Bobby Jones~~

I never leave the course satisfied. Happy, maybe, but never satisfied. Happy is beating my personal best score, or beating my handicap at least. Satisfied would be finally achieving the level I am striving for. I think there is a danger area for people trying to improve if they are overly happy or satisfied with the level they are at. Gotta always expect to improve, anything less, whilst not failure, shouldn't leave you satisfied.
Some people aren't out to improve and become better, so naturally, they are more easily pleased and probably will live much longer lives!

Big Bertha 454, 10* reg
904F, 15* Dynamic Gold S300
Tour Special, 18* reg
DCI 962, 3-PW, Dynamic Gold R300
X tour wedges, 52* and 56* 8881 putter Pro V1's for the momentBlogging my "Quest for single digits" every week.

Note: This thread is 5062 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!