IGNORED

World Cup

Golf Guru
Note: This thread is 5024 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

North Korea...definitely non-cliched!

For some reason, I don't think I'd be able to walk into a pub in blood-red suburban Atlanta (or rural western Illinois, where I'll be visiting family through this weekend) cheering for the North Korean national team and expect to leave with all of my extremities.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go for the Dutch, then. No one really dislikes them bar the Belgians and there's probably not many of those buggers around either Atlanta or rural Illinois.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Messi had a better season than Ronaldo. Neither are great for their country; Ronaldo hasn't score for Portugal since Euro 2008 and Maradona doesn't use Messi properly. Messi's probably the better player and he's younger but both are superb.

Kingfisher, there isn't a lot of money to spend. Only made a profit last year after selling Ronaldo. Who will it be this year?
In my bag

Superstrong 12*
- Firepower Hyper Ti 15*
- Launcher 18* Hybrid - 21* Hybrid - S2 Max 5i - SW - MP T-Series 47* - 60* LW - White Hot XG #1

So excited for this...I don't care who's playing, I'm going to try and watch every single match. I'll be rooting for the U.S. obviously, Ivory Coast (because of Drogba), and Netherlands (because I like orange).

As for a breakout candidate that will garner a huge transfer fee this summer, look for Mexico's Giovani Dos Santos.
Last 5 Rounds: 103 (+38), 124 (+42), 101 (+36), 104 (+39), 109 (+44)

So excited for this...I don't care who's playing, I'm going to try and watch every single match. I'll be rooting for the U.S. obviously, Ivory Coast (because of Drogba), and Netherlands (because I like orange).

Dos Santos has shown so little in his time at England. Good technically but not up to the pace and strength of the English game. He'll not move for a big fee.

In my bag

Superstrong 12*
- Firepower Hyper Ti 15*
- Launcher 18* Hybrid - 21* Hybrid - S2 Max 5i - SW - MP T-Series 47* - 60* LW - White Hot XG #1

Dos Santos has shown so little in his time at England. Good technically but not up to the pace and strength of the English game. He'll not move for a big fee.

IMO he really hasn't been given a fair shake at Spurs, but I do agree that he isn't quite strong enough to handle the rigors of the EPL. If he has a good World Cup I can see his value going off the charts.

Last 5 Rounds: 103 (+38), 124 (+42), 101 (+36), 104 (+39), 109 (+44)

He'd maybe bump it up a couple of million but I can't see him going anywhere for much if any more than Spurs paid. I can see him staying at Galatasary; he had a good spell there and it's about his level.
In my bag

Superstrong 12*
- Firepower Hyper Ti 15*

For some reason, I don't think I'd be able to walk into a pub in blood-red suburban Atlanta (or rural western Illinois, where I'll be visiting family through this weekend) cheering for the North Korean national team and expect to leave with all of my extremities.

Or you could play it super-safe and cheer for USA.

Driver: :cobra: BiO Cell (10.5º)

Wood: :ping: G15 3 (15.5°)

Hybrids: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 3 (21º), 4 (24º)

Irons: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 5-PW

Wedges: :cleveland:588 RTX CB 50º, Paradise Black Chrome II Sand Wedge 56º

Then cheer for New Zealand, first world cup in 28 years and just as bad if not worse odds to win it all than North Korea, the ultimate underdog, and the only thing your relatives could get pissed off about is the fact that we don't let your nuclear powered navy ships in our ports. C'mon everyone - second favourite team = New Zealand (at least until the group stage is over and we go crashing out)!

Cheering for Drogba... must be a Chelsea fan

Go Blue

Cheers, Allan

In my Ping Hoofer II bag: Titleist 975J | Callaway Big Bertha 3 Wood S2H2 | Mizuno Fli-Hi 18˚ Hybrid | Mizuno MP-33 3-PW | Cleveland Tour Action 900 54/60 | Ping Anser II BeCu | Titleist ProV1

My Playground: Northview G&CC

Cheering for Drogba... must be a Chelsea fan

chelsea? omg, they should be renamed douchebag FC. let's tally the wankers on the squad shall we... cap'n john, ashley cole(more on him later), divin' didier, nicklaus 'my attitude is only slightly better than djibril cisse' annelka, salomon 'the smurf' khalou, and florent 'they spent how much on my transfer fee?!' malouda. did you know that ashley cole had his autobiography written? notwithstanding he's not even close to being the best player on his team and never has been, the guy is only 32 years old. he definitely takes himself waaaay too seriously. also, chelsea are cheaters. that is all.

chelsea? omg, they should be renamed douchebag FC. let's tally the wankers on the squad shall we... cap'n john, ashley cole(more on him later), divin' didier, nicklaus 'my attitude is only slightly better than djibril cisse' annelka, salomon 'the smurf' khalou, and florent 'they spent how much on my transfer fee?!' malouda. did you know that ashley cole had his autobiography written? notwithstanding he's not even close to being the best player on his team and never has been, the guy is only 32 years old. he definitely takes himself waaaay too seriously. also, chelsea are cheaters. that is all.

whatever...

sounds like someone is full of sour grapes... ManU fan by any chance?

Cheers, Allan

In my Ping Hoofer II bag: Titleist 975J | Callaway Big Bertha 3 Wood S2H2 | Mizuno Fli-Hi 18˚ Hybrid | Mizuno MP-33 3-PW | Cleveland Tour Action 900 54/60 | Ping Anser II BeCu | Titleist ProV1

whatever...

naa, i'm a liverpool supporter, actually. i was just being cheeky earlier, didn't mean to offend. i am a little, ok a lot apprehensive about what's going to happen to the mighty reds this off season. doesn't look like anything good.

naa, i'm a liverpool supporter, actually. i was just being cheeky earlier, didn't mean to offend. i am a little, ok a lot apprehensive about what's going to happen to the mighty reds this off season. doesn't look like anything good.

yeah... the Reds had an off season... hopefully some off-season tranfers and signings will bolster the team. They really belong in the top 4.

Cheers, Allan

I don't think it's been mentioned yet, but Drogba is OUT.... barring a super fast healing from his surgery. He broke his arm in the friendly vs Japan. Ivory Coast is going to have a hell of a time making it out of pool play now with Brazil and Portual.

Driver: taylormade.gif Tour Burner 9.5*
4 Wood: taylormade.gif200 Steel 16*
Irons: taylormade.gif Burner '09
Wedges: taylormade.gif RAC TP Satin 54*, 58*
Putter: odyssey.gif White Hot Tour #9  Ball: bridgestone.gif B330

Drogba isn't out yet.
In my bag

Superstrong 12*
- Firepower Hyper Ti 15*

I don't think it's been mentioned yet, but Drogba is OUT.... barring a super fast healing from his surgery. He broke his arm in the friendly vs Japan. Ivory Coast is going to have a hell of a time making it out of pool play now with Brazil and Portual.

Drogba practiced today and he's schedules to play their opening match on Tuesday... I guess he's a fast healer

Cheers, Allan

Note: This thread is 5024 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!