IGNORED

Giga Golf anyone?

Note: This thread is 4686 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Clones are a bit like the fat girl at the end of a night in a niteclub.
Some fellas have no problem taking her home for a bit fun between the sheets whereas other lads will prefer her blonde and blue eyed better looking friend.

The fat girl though has all the same bits as her goodlooking friend and may even preform a bit better or at least almost the same depending on who is handling her.

The funny truth is though secretly we would all like to try the fat girl just to see what she is like, but some fellas would rather make cruel comments about her without ever trying her out, maybe if more of you gave the fat girl a chance you might be all plesently surprised at how good the fat girl is between the sheets!

A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks that others throw at him

Haw!! Fat girls need love too, and they're more gratefull afterwards!!!

wonderful analogy.. Author...Author

Eclipse Stand Bag
Big Bertha 2007 460 11°
Big Bertha 2007 3w 16°
Big Bertha 2007 7w 22°
C9 475 2h 18° Insight XTD 5i-SW White Hot XG #7--------------------------------http://www.linkedin.com/in/normh3

question for someone with there wedges...

I purchased 3 of the SGS wedges a few weeks ago. They are nice, but right off the bat, the qaulity is not the same as a Vokey, Cleavland, or scratch. the groove area looks to be cast into the head, not machined. I found a couple small defects in the grooves. Hosel to ferral were not assembled very clean. Club head face shape was weird for me since it wasvery rounded on the toe compared to my G5's or more traditional wedges, and I dont think there is a choice of a different style. Overall I am very happy with them because I am a beginner, and figured if I am going to be learning a swing and beating these things up, well $35 a club works. I really want some scratch wedges, but at $100 ea, I don't want to destroy them to soon. Plus the designing and ordering of your club is pretty cool.

IN THE Nova BAG:
Cleveland Launcher, 10.5, ALDILA VS Prototype 60g S flex
Adams Fast10 3w
Cleveland Mashie M3 hybrid 20.5 S flex 
Ping G5 4-PWSGS 52, 58, 62Ping iwi anser 34"Bridgestone B330-RXS

• 2 months later...
Anybody know how often Giga comes out with new irons ?
I have been looking at their TRX irons but it seems like they have been around since 2008 and based on the TaylorMade R7.

Not that I need a newer design I was actually hoping they might go on clearance because something newer might be coming out (for instance an R9 clone).

Driver: Ping G25

3w - Ping K15

3h - TEE Trilogy

4h - TEE Trilogy

5h - TEE Trilogy

Irons: Ping G25 6-LW

Putter: Odyssey White Ice D.A.R.T
Bag: Nike SQ Tour

Optics: Bushnell Tour V2 Slope

Shoes: True Linkswear

The P3s just came out a couple of months ago, as did the Verve series of drivers. The GX922 came out last year, I think. So if there's a pattern there, they will be releasing an updated TaylorMade clone next spring.

C9 VFT Ti
C9 5w
P2 Hybrid 3
P2 Deep Cavity 4-PW
SGS 52, 56 Putter

The P3 and the C9 are their newest irons.

They had a rush of new clubs in the spring, but I'm not sure of any specific release schedule.

Clones are the companies that make there clubs look like the other companies though with just enough differences where they don't infringe on the other companies patent and a fake is a club with mizuno or titelist on it though its clearly and sometimes not so clearly not. In the Oct Golf Digest they have an article on the fight against people that make and sell fake equipment and lets just say they are losing.they have a pic of a Callaway FT iz driver and on the outside it looks exactly the same to the untrained eye(though there are some minor differences) but cut it open and you can clearly see that its aluminum with big ugly welds rather than the carbon fiber that callaway uses.

In my Nexos

Driver R9 10.5*matrix ozik xcon 6
3wood dunlop Reaction 15*
hybrid Rescue 09 19* Aldila Re*ax 65 S Irons 755 3-PW project X flighted 5.5 Wedges MP T-10 52* 07 DG S300 WG 706 56* 12* bounce DG Wedge flex1018...

Clones are the companies that make there clubs look like the other companies though with just enough differences where they don't infringe on the other companies patent and a fake is a club with mizuno or titelist on it though its clearly and sometimes not so clearly not. In the Oct Golf Digest they have an article on the fight against people that make and sell fake equipment and lets just say they are losing.they have a pic of a Callaway FT iz driver and on the outside it looks exactly the same to the untrained eye(though there are some minor differences) but cut it open and you can clearly see that its aluminum with big ugly welds rather than the carbon fiber that callaway uses.

Read this, but wasnt this article in reference to the overseas knockoffs ?

Giga and other companies like Pinemeadow here in the states seem to have up to snuff quality and technology. I could be wrong but people seem to give pretty solid feedback on their stuff here on the forums.

3w - Ping K15

3h - TEE Trilogy

4h - TEE Trilogy

5h - TEE Trilogy

Read this, but wasnt this article in reference to the overseas knockoffs ?

What I meant was that Giga golf is a clone made to look similar to a bigger companys product though they sell it as a giga golf product,so they don't try to fool the customer while the fakes are the ones you they try to sell as something they are not. Another small company to check out is Wishon golf they have a forged set of blades for very reasonable,nice looking clubs.

In my Nexos

Driver R9 10.5*matrix ozik xcon 6
3wood dunlop Reaction 15*
hybrid Rescue 09 19* Aldila Re*ax 65 S Irons 755 3-PW project X flighted 5.5 Wedges MP T-10 52* 07 DG S300 WG 706 56* 12* bounce DG Wedge flex1018...

What I meant was that Giga golf is a clone made to look similar to a bigger companys product though they sell it as a giga golf product,so they don't try to fool the customer while the fakes are the ones you they try to sell as something they are not. Another small company to check out is Wishon golf they have a forged set of blades for very reasonable,nice looking clubs.

I guess I dont see the purpose of your first post ?

This isn't a thread to determine whether or not Giga's are clones. Everybody knows they make clones. Or you were implying their product is inferior in comparison to other brands ?

3w - Ping K15

3h - TEE Trilogy

4h - TEE Trilogy

5h - TEE Trilogy

I guess I dont see the purpose of your first post ?

What posts are you reading? Wasn't he acknowledging they are clones, but they're up front about it, whereas a knockoff is something else entirely. Like a carboard and papier mache false front in a movie set that's made to look exactly like a street in New York versus something in Las Vegas that's a well built homage to New York. He wasn't knocking the quality of clones - and the debate of whether or not they're immoral and garbage or the greatest thing since the invention of the cinnamon bun, is covered in nuck's link.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

• 7 months later...

This thread is way old, so me posting on it is pointless... but I'm bored.

I bought a GigaGolf GX922 9 iron a few weeks ago just to try the GigaGolf product. I honestly expected it to be a piece of crap, but I'm very surprised with the quality. I have played with the Callaway X-22 they're supposedly modeled after, and let me say that the GigaGolf's feel pretty close to them. I'm not going to go as far and say that the quality is "just as good" as a Callaway, but there is quality with the GigaGolf brand. "Clone" is kind of a confusing name to give to it. I think of the GigaGolf stuff as "generic" clubs.

Callaway makes enough money. I don't feel bad one bit playing with these clubs. With my budget, lack of skill, and the fact that I only play for fun, the GigaGolf stuff may just be what the Doctor ordered.

Driver: taylormade.gifR5 Duel 10.5 loft
Utility Clubs: taylormade.gif Rescue Mid Hybrid 16 loft; benhogan.gif 21 loft
Irons: gigagolf.gif GX922 5-PW
Putter: Northwestern (Yeah, it's old. a2_wink.gif)

Originally Posted by Angera

This thread is way old, so me posting on it is pointless... but I'm bored.

I bought a GigaGolf GX922 9 iron a few weeks ago just to try the GigaGolf product. I honestly expected it to be a piece of crap, but I'm very surprised with the quality. I have played with the Callaway X-22 they're supposedly modeled after, and let me say that the GigaGolf's feel pretty close to them. I'm not going to go as far and say that the quality is "just as good" as a Callaway, but there is quality with the GigaGolf brand. "Clone" is kind of a confusing name to give to it. I think of the GigaGolf stuff as "generic" clubs.

Callaway makes enough money. I don't feel bad one bit playing with these clubs. With my budget, lack of skill, and the fact that I only play for fun, the GigaGolf stuff may just be what the Doctor ordered.

I don't think anyone here works for Callaway or will fault you for going with clubs that work for you and fit your budget.  There are a few guys on here that say nothing but great things about them, so good luck and enjoy.

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 months later...

First post!  I am slowling getting back into the game after not playing for over 10 years (raising a family instead).  I handed my old clubs down to my 16 year old son, and just ordered myself a set of the P3 irons (5-PW), P3 fairway woods (5-7), P3 Hybrids (3-4) and the GXx driver.  It should all be here this Friday and hope to get out to run it through its paces then.  Excited!

I really like my GigaGolf irons and have absolutely no complaints.  The only thing that I would suggest is that if you order a customized setup, I would stop by a club fitter and have it checked.  My irons were supposed to be +2 but I had two different fitters check them and found that the lies were somewhat inconsistent and some irons were actually a little flat. In the end, I had Golf Galaxy confirm that +2* was appropriate and adjust my lie angles accordingly.  Nevertheless, I would consider ordering irons from them again (although I have my eyes on Callaway RazrX irons).

Driver:  Callaway Diablo Octane iMix 11.5*
Fairway: Cobra Baffler Rail F 3W & 7W
Irons:  Wilson Ci
Wedges:  Acer XB (52* & 56*)
Putter:  Cleveland Classic #10 with Winn Jumbo Pistol Grip

Note: This thread is 4686 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!